Forum › Joou-Sama no Eshi discussion

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Why so much hate on Kodomo no Jikan?
(I never watched it, know nothing about it...)

Because of stupid male lead, because it was het lolicon, because it handled the one yuri char Kuro poorly....To summarize it I guess. Might be one or two other reasons aswell

__atago_kantai_collection_drawn_by_unagimaru__599e7464aad069784080b95374e08f40%20(1)
joined Apr 1, 2014

Why so much hate on Kodomo no Jikan?
(I never watched it, know nothing about it...)

Because many commenters here believe that Het is evil, and that it should not be allowed on Dynasty Scans.

Everyone who's read Kodomo no Jikan knows it's a controversial manga, but I suppose many who read it were expecting some formula slice of life yuri...when it's plainly tagged with Het and Lolicon.

Seeing those tags, I went in cautiously, with my face very far from the monitor, but as I read it more, I was surprised by the manga's quality and sensitivity, and I realized how good, and how necessary of a manga it is. Seriously, 9/10, would recommend to friends.

But it seems that a lot of our more blindly militant members disregarded their most hated tags, and read on anyway,

because it was het lolicon, because it handled the one yuri char Kuro poorly

and now they're butthurt because they read something in which (a) het happened and (b) yuri didn't happen, despite this being indicated by the tags.

last edited at Sep 28, 2014 10:39PM

joined May 11, 2014

I liked Kodomo no Jikan, though I'll still agree Kuro was handled a bit poorly. Yeah, happy ends for ALL characters are rare, but Kuro could've gotten SOMETHING. I mean with other stories doing the 'Harem' thing only to give shit relationships just to avoid a 'Harem End' I would expect at least Kuro with SOME girl but that's neither here nor there.

I actually think this story is going to end up a Love Triangle. Where, (as someone put it) the Kuudere loves the Tsundere and the Tsundere loves the idiot.

There was only the one clue which was once it was revealed that the college boyfriend was a lie the kuudere immediately softened up, reinforced by the fact that she specifically states "I don't want(need?) a boyfriend." which makes me think she means "I want a girlfriend instead."

Or it could be one of those Shoujo-Ai trips where the Kuudere just REALLY wants to be friends and she's too cool to be straight about it so she's being round about by being elementary about it and teasing and treating her strangely. Kinda like the relationship in the Tomodachi series.

Or like someone else said it could just be some stupidity and the kuudere is really just a sadist being portrayed strangely and she just has a thing for wanting to torture someone of high standing like the tsundere.

Wait...I keep referring to her as Tsundere...but...am I even referring to each character properly? I can't be assed to read it again at the moment to put names in.

joined May 24, 2014

EDIT: I will not link to this site in the future

Go there if you want to read the rest, nobody has bothered to upload it here

last edited at Jun 5, 2015 10:56PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I guess Blue-haired is gonna be the perverted lesbian with unrequited love towards Pink-haired who likes the MC guy.

Guess I won't bother reading this one.

last edited at Jun 5, 2015 4:31PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

nobody has bothered to upload it here

No permission from or way to contact the scanlator, if you can get that please submit an upload request. Please refrain from linking to mangafox anywhere on here in the future.

joined May 24, 2014

I just read thought chapter 10, and yes Yukimori is still full-on lesbian (guys don't interest her unless they're shota)

last edited at Aug 29, 2015 10:35PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I just read thought chapter 10, and yes Yukimori is still full-on lesbian (guys don't interest her unless they're shota)

FTFY

Also I think she meant it more like, when boys are androgynous. Only then Yukimori is able to find any interest in them, but after they start to look like a guys, she can't bother anymore. It is probably reason why she liked teacher's hentais to begin with. Because he wrote cross-dressing stuff.

joined May 24, 2014

FTFY

Also I think she meant it more like, when boys are androgynous. Only then Yukimori is able to find any interest in them, but after they start to look like a guys, she can't bother anymore. It is probably reason why she liked teacher's hentais to begin with. Because he wrote cross-dressing stuff.

Ah ok, that would <also explain why she loves to squash their testicles so much, since as far as she's concerned they're nothing but removable weiners. It goes to show how ruthless she is.

last edited at Aug 29, 2015 10:35PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

FTFY

Ah ok, that would <also explain why she loves to squash their testicles so much, since as far as she's concerned they're nothing but removable weiners. It goea to show how ruthless she is.

I'm not sure about ruthless part, but I guess that is about right.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

out of morbid curiosity, decided to take a peek at whats been going on with this series.

Lesbian is kinda rapey and perverted.
The MC guy wants to draw yuri after seeing her molest the straight girl.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

flips posted:

Lesbian is kinda rapey and perverted.
The MC guy wants to draw yuri after seeing her molest the straight girl.

Yup series is getting only better and better with each other chapter. Plot twist to make MC write yuri was brilliant.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

The story actually is more enjoyable for us to read when Yukimori sexuality is revealed. But considering the author past record, looked like she is just another tragic lesbian character playing for laugh, and will be "cured from lesbianism" by the teacher later

Yeah I have no trust toward the author on her (?) way to handle yuri

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 7:14PM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Since Kodomo no Jikan is here I'm not surprised to see this manga. I gave the series a review:

https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/06/22/joou-sama-no-eshi/

A little surprised to see most of it wasn't uploaded here, but it is definitely a more heterosexual manga, even though the main character is a lesbian. I like this manga a lot, but not for its "yuri" aspects. Actually, I'd rather this one end heterosexually, to be honest. The relationship is just too good. It's also a good "motivational" series, surprisingly. Weird but great manga, IMO

By the way the first few chapters are trickery. The "main character"-like character is not the main character at all, it's the teacher.

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 1:42PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

So I heard this series just ended and has yuri ending. What a pleasant surprise.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

^
Nice, it does make sense since in some chapters, the two grils got closer and the "het" girl gave signs of realizing she was into the lesbian, or getting jealous at times, like during the school festival. Glad the author didn't back out of a yuri ending there.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I'd honestly say it doesn't really feel too deserved, or that the development felt unnatural. Frankly, I was expecting no 100% romantic development by the end and was a bit disappointed. I thought the nonromantic, platonic angle that all the characters shared was more interesting, and in the first place I ended up reading it for its motivational aspects rather than any potential romance.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

h3x posted:

So I heard this series just ended and has yuri ending. What a pleasant surprise.

I fallen out from reading it but once I catch up with it I can confirm it. I was saying from the beginning though, that just cos author wrote one story that didn't give satisfying ending to lesbian character, it doesn't mean they cant write a story that has one. And they were taking the whole her being a lesbian very seriously and writing her in realistic way, so it was a good sign something can came out from it.

last edited at Jan 16, 2017 11:07PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

We do need more translation of this manga

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, I wasn't really interested in this (probably but I can't really say since I never read it) stupid shit before, but I sure am now. I'll definitely have to read it once the more yuri parts get translated.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Reread the translated chapters so far, and you do see Yukimori having her extreme inferiority complex when it comes to her sexuality.

I means despite she's over-confident when dealing with guys. In the same time she always have that, 'well, no girls will ever interest me' approach. That may explain her rapey approach only when Sarina's sleeping/unconscious (because she belive she will never be able to do it otherwise) while act like a shy schoolgirl whenever else

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 8:36AM

joined Dec 21, 2016

h3x posted:

I fallen out from reading it but once I catch up with it I can confirm it. I was saying from the beginning though, that just cos author wrote one story that didn't give satisfying ending to lesbian character, it doesn't mean they cant write a story that has one. And they were taking the whole her being a lesbian very seriously and writing her in realistic way, so it was a good sign something can came out from it.

Wait, so was there another chapter after she asked about being an editor? I just read all of it, and all sources say it was completed with 19 chapters, but that's a huge cliffhanger if so.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Wait, so was there another chapter after she asked about being an editor? I just read all of it, and all sources say it was completed with 19 chapters, but that's a huge cliffhanger if so.

There were 5 more chapters.

joined Dec 21, 2016

There were 5 more chapters.

And it's really a Yuri end? Are any of those chapters in English?

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Oh, chapter 20 finally was translated, and it took a sharp turn on yuri front

To reply you must either login or sign up.