Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

The inner struggles of the yuri fandom

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Spoiler: these girls are gay.

Hinaleg
joined May 9, 2017

Ok, was that manga she wrote, in the beginning, You x Yoshiko or am I just seeing things?

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Worst liar hehe can not w8 4 more

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 2:00AM

_20181030_021259
joined Apr 21, 2017

I guess that makes me down with the sickness then.

Ooh wah ah ah ah..
Sorry I had to.
Anyways looks promising, with adult characters as well!

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 2:06AM

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

LBH, the first chapter is completely relatable to us anime and manga fans, liking a niche category hiding out passions and being happy when someone finally accepts it and you can talk to them about it, especially for us doujinshi, especially yuri doujinshi fans.

I'm a huge yuri fan, not just with manga, but novels fanfiction, shows, films, you name it. I literally have about a hundred novel length lesbian fanfiction epubs on my phone right now that I listen to via TTS all day long at work. I've been into yuri for like 15 years.

NOBODY KNOWS.

15 years?
holy shit dude! wut a dedication XD

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

maekawa is such a troll lol
Ithink Im in love

9b1d0703-1cf0-4df6-bc19-0b2abfd56881
joined Nov 23, 2015

The authors account has the original story draft completed, wondering if the published version would be longer? Hopefully. :)

joined Jan 10, 2017

LBH, the first chapter is completely relatable to us anime and manga fans, liking a niche category hiding out passions and being happy when someone finally accepts it and you can talk to them about it, especially for us doujinshi, especially yuri doujinshi fans.

I'm a huge yuri fan, not just with manga, but novels fanfiction, shows, films, you name it. I literally have about a hundred novel length lesbian fanfiction epubs on my phone right now that I listen to via TTS all day long at work. I've been into yuri for like 15 years.

NOBODY KNOWS.

15 years?

I was going to say 10 years but a quick google search of my gmail came up with a lilicious result from over 12 years ago, lol...

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

NOBODY KNOWS.

15 years?

I was going to say 10 years but a quick google search of my gmail came up with a lilicious result from over 12 years ago, lol...

it's okay, i've been reading yuri for....around 15 years too. the first time i read one it was like /flip on the angelic orchestral music THIS IS MY THING. i've tried to get others into it i know irl but sadly it has failed T_T

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Good start hahhhh

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Yuuus yusss yeeees yeeeeeeee

I reckon manager is super gay and went to the event because yuri

Then saw her co-worker and was like hmmmm

I don't care either way I'm down for this, if this is sickness I don't want to be well

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

NOBODY KNOWS.

You know of any good sites for it? I'm really into the Maria Watches Over Us stuff but www.fanfiction.net is the only site I found with a proper categorized collect. I've read so many on it though that I'm running out of ones in the categories I prefer.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Right type of lily.

Good stuff, so far.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

"What do you mean, there is only one flower fair a year"...Alright, nothing to see here. Just some random stalker manager who wants to get close to our MC. Nothing suspicious here, shoo shoo go do your own business xD

joined Jan 4, 2014

Love it. The flower show piece is perfect, as it gives both parties a way to save face if needed: easy enough to debunk if things get real, but also solid enough to serve as an excuse if you're trying to just sweep stuff under the rug.

It's also lovely to see more adult yuri. Between this, Snowfall in Spring, Cute Little Kitten, and Collectors, it's been a great day. :)

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I kinda find myself hoping they don't get into a romance. It could be pretty funny if the story was about an outsider's viewpoint or about a straight woman getting sucked into yuri fandom.

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

SAD always manages to find cool series I end up really liking. Looking forward to more.

I know. There's not a thing they have translated that I didn't like.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I’m with the other people in the comments, I don’t know anyone else who likes yuri. Or even anyone who would let me passionately ramble on about yuri while they listen. Stay strong, comrades

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

OMG I RELATE WHOLEHEARTEDLY TO THIS MANGA ON EVERY LEVEL!!!! T^T

I'M THE ONLY GIRL IN MY NERDY GIRL FRIEND GROUP THAT LIKES YURI!!! they mainly like yaoi and regular hetero ships.... i fake liking yaoi too when i'm around them just to feel included :(

I don't have anyone in real life i can passionately be open about my love for yuri with... sigh... maybe someday!

I think a looooot of girls talk about Yuri online only... Who knows, maybe your whole group is pretending too hehe.
There's just too much to risk and "I only like it as a genre" won't help most of the times... So yeah, is hard.
Maybe we need a secret codeword or wear a specific item to identify our kind like "cough*youchika*cough" and wait to see if there's any reaction.

That's the biggest issue if you are a female yuri fan. It basically outs you when it comes to your real world preferences which makes it the sort of thing you aren't likely to just bring up with casual acquaintances and coworkers. Even if you are the exception that doesn't swing that way, it will be very hard to convince people of that after mentioning you have a enough Japanese lesbian romance comics to fill a bookshelf.

I still remember the embarrassment of having a friend I was staying with for the weekend come up to me after thumbing through a "Bloom Into You" volume I foolishly hadn't put back in my bag from the night before and start asking me about why I was reading a weird backwards lesbian comic book. They were super confused by both the format and the contents. It's hard enough just having to explain what manga is at my age let alone one about a romantic relationship between two female teenagers.

joined Sep 13, 2018

This is looking really cute! I'm definitely interested in seeing how it develops from here.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Looks like abusing your power to get to know your crush better is gay culture now lmao. Just like the girl from the miko manga.

Miko manga?

I can’t say for sure, but maybe they mean this?
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/todo_no_tsumari_no_uchouten

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Please be a 20+ chapters slowborn

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 9:59AM

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I second that. I long for a series to get lost in <3

joined Jan 10, 2017

NOBODY KNOWS.

You know of any good sites for it? I'm really into the Maria Watches Over Us stuff but www.fanfiction.net is the only site I found with a proper categorized collect. I've read so many on it though that I'm running out of ones in the categories I prefer.

archiveofourown.org is the other big site and it has a much better/more powerful search and tag system. I use both. Right now I've been going through Twilight fanfiction, which I found to be an unexpected TROVE of lesbian pairings. I was never even able to make it through the first book, but now I'm glad Twilight exists lol.

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 10:32AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.