Forum › Still Sick discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is so good. So fricking good.

Lines like "Nooo, stop, I don't need a fandub!" almost did me in. ^_^

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Um... what's the idea with the title? Still Sick? I don't get the reference...

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

LBH, the first chapter is completely relatable to us anime and manga fans, liking a niche category hiding out passions and being happy when someone finally accepts it and you can talk to them about it, especially for us doujinshi, especially yuri doujinshi fans.

I'm a huge yuri fan, not just with manga, but novels fanfiction, shows, films, you name it. I literally have about a hundred novel length lesbian fanfiction epubs on my phone right now that I listen to via TTS all day long at work. I've been into yuri for like 15 years.

NOBODY KNOWS.

You know of any good sites for it? I'm really into the Maria Watches Over Us stuff but www.fanfiction.net is the only site I found with a proper categorized collect. I've read so many on it though that I'm running out of ones in the categories I prefer.

archiveofourown.org is the other big site and it has a much better/more powerful search and tag system. I use both. Right now I've been going through Twilight fanfiction, which I found to be an unexpected TROVE of lesbian pairings. I was never even able to make it through the first book, but now I'm glad Twilight exists lol.

Thank you, Sadly looks like they only got 64 Maria stories.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

she. is. into. yuri.
How nice is that... I need more chapters of this and in Maekawa's pov.

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 11:53AM

joined Jul 12, 2016

I feel you all... I am a girl that have been into Yuri anime, manga for ten years and nobody can know about....although we might not swing or does swing that way ppl will not understand our likes for it

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ooh, she lied to get closer to her... interesting.

Indeed she did~ let’s wait for next to come~

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

"You're a bad liar, Shimizu-san."

I don't wanna hear that from you, missy! XD

Um... what's the idea with the title? Still Sick? I don't get the reference...

Optimistically, it might be "sick" as in "lovesick". Pessimistically, the story might eventually reach a phase where the protag comes to believe that her homosexuality is "still sick" for some reason, whether or not she bounces back from it.

joined Jul 26, 2018

Loving this first chapter.

I feel the struggle too as a male yuri fan, I can't really talk about it with my friends because they think "two women uh, pervy huehuehue" and women think "ugh pervert", so I just better shut my mouth.

Fb_img_1537931044292
joined Aug 22, 2018

We can all relate on this manga, I think...
Edit: Also, I think(no not think, they're both actually) that of them are mangakas because of the cover art but since I also read it on pixiv, hehe

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 4:15PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Geeks dating normies is one of my favorite narrative types, so... insta-subscribed. :-)

Sol
joined Feb 25, 2016

Apparently I'm the one whose presence is turning everyone gay in my group of friends (obviously they're joking) but as there's only my friend and I who are the females, they are all super cool with yuri. As you know, yaoi is directed towards girls and yuri for boys.

My best friend may be into yaoi but at least she allows me to ramble on about yuri alllll the time and in turn, I listen to her yaoi talk. I've got it good apparently. (But definitely no talking about that stuff in front of the normies, nope. Everyone will think I'm lesbian and single me out (even though I am))

Fb_img_1537931044292
joined Aug 22, 2018

Apparently I'm the one whose presence is turning everyone gay in my group of friends (obviously they're joking) but as there's only my friend and I who are the females, they are all super cool with yuri. As you know, yaoi is directed towards girls and yuri for boys.

My best friend may be into yaoi but at least she allows me to ramble on about yuri alllll the time and in turn, I listen to her yaoi talk. I've got it good apparently. (But definitely no talking about that stuff in front of the normies, nope. Everyone will think I'm lesbian and single me out (even though I am))

I wish my friend was like that too, she's into yaoi and I'm into yuri, but the thing is, she hates it when i start to ramble about my yuri QAQ

joined Jul 26, 2016

We can all relate on this manga, I think...

Relatable: The Manga just like (early) Watamote :c

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oh man. I found this cute but then that last minute twist in Ch 1 got me hooked. Subscribed!

joined Sep 5, 2018

@netgirl said:

I'M THE ONLY GIRL IN MY NERDY GIRL FRIEND GROUP THAT LIKES YURI!!! they mainly like yaoi and regular hetero ships.... i fake liking yaoi too when i'm around them just to feel included :(

Try striking up a discussion about Love DNA XX, which can totally be passed of as yaoi with female characters. I’m sure you all know Eiki Eiki and Zaou Taishi. Maybe you can figure out if anyone of them is open for some yuri talk too.

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 9:29PM

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Ahh, it sure makes me sad how much less popular yuri is compared to yaoi. I really don’t get why people like yaoi so much

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Ahh, it sure makes me sad how much less popular yuri is compared to yaoi. I really don’t get why people like yaoi so much

bc women are the primary creators of fanworks and romance manga, and a majority of women are straight! its pretty logical, esp when you consider a lot of BL is smut/places a lot heavier emphasis on fairly detailed sex fairly early on

(not to get too discourse-heavy but Still Sick gets kinda meta with some of its commentary on manga and sexuality later so its worth mentioning)

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

when my friends find out i like yuri they are like "yeah that shit is hot!" i mean yeah, but that's not everything about it -_-
it's sad that not many people take yuri seriously as a genre and just treat it like some sort of fetish!

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 4:28PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

One out of three girls i know who are into anime and manga are yuri-fans.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This is freaking lovely

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Hum, This one is actually, honestly interesting. Good.
"Real women are off-limits" well then, do I have some wonderful news...

64caf7b2-896b-4409-975b-cb83b31b664b
joined Mar 29, 2018

I’m hooked.
After reading the chapter and the posts in here I feel grateful to have irl friends who like yuri just as much as I do

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I’m hooked.
After reading the chapter and the posts in here I feel grateful to have irl friends who like yuri just as much as I do

Can i trade with you my friends just dumped 2 pounds of packing peanuts on me because pranks....

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This was really good!

Forest%20fairy%20-%20copy
joined Nov 30, 2017

I thought Maekawa was really air-headed and open-minded, but that last page put the entire chapter into a whole different light. I bet 10(figurative) bucks that she is completely aware and pretending to seem "air-headed" on purpose, and that she simply wants to affectionately tease Shimizu and get closer to her. Maekawa seems like a really confident, unfaltering type of person who doesn't get flustered. At least not visibly.

Edit: If Maekawa actually is that air-headed, or rather carefree, then so be it. However, I still feel like she lied about going to the wrong hall. If a ticket is required, then it's likely one won't be getting in at all with the wrong ticket. I'm not sure what it's like in Japan, but the first time I went to a convention there were people at all the entrances and exits to make sure no one snuck in. Maekawa definitely knows more and is more aware than she lets on.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 1:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.