Forum › Posts by asakura89

asakura89
9b1d0703-1cf0-4df6-bc19-0b2abfd56881
joined Nov 23, 2015

Found it: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/silver_gymnasium :) Thanks for reading.

Help looking for one manga; it's a couple of chapters long; maybe two vol. More mature style art I believe similar to the The End Of The World And A Witch's Love and Konno Kita art style I believe. The story is set in more historical time where it's hard for women to be on their own. Both mains are orphans at a church orphanage. They're the oldest of the group and are about to be adopted I think. One of the main was about to be adopted, the other feels kind of abandoned and also leaves the church to be on her own? They did find each other again in the end though. I think I read it here on DS but could be other sites too though. Thanks for any help!

last edited at Dec 15, 2022 3:26PM

joined Nov 23, 2015

Just posting to thank everyone who explained the ending better and what ace means. :)
Have to say I missed it being ace, perhaps re-reading will help me catch hints. Have to say my first ace would be Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind. I was expecting Yuri in that one too but didn't get it. That one though did have a better pacing and preparations though for one character already knows her being ace. So was waiting to see if in the end converting to Yuri. Crescent Moon and Donuts ending though felt rushed and kind of didn't go further past what potentially being in an ace relationship would be like. Stopped like most manga at just the confession part T~T Maybe there would be an Epilogue in the future?

last edited at Dec 10, 2022 2:17AM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Well, great twist. But it also ruined my sleep. Was saving this for the last read before bed. Oh well, hope for happier Takemiya Jin stories next time. (Although I'm starting to forget when was the last time I read one of her happier ones?)

joined Nov 23, 2015

Great story and art. Just wish for that confession that never happened too. Maybe, maybe future an online post of short sequels?

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Same here, last I remembered was on chapter 7 then now ending? Great art and story ideas just wished the plot can be developed more and conflicts solved; like what about the family issues? More family and friends involvement would be cool too; maybe last chapter would tie up things? Also wish Ito would have better support role; she finally stood up for themselves in these final chapters at least. (For some reason I thought of Ito like Yuu from YagaKimi at first but then she's shown to be indecisive and inconfident; Ito from W Juliet was also a independent strong role so I was surprised).

last edited at May 9, 2021 9:30PM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

I think every year, I'm reminded to check Fluttering Feelings again. It would have been as good if better than YagaKimi. These two are both so special to me.
Would have been cool also if this ever gets animation even though it stopped.

last edited at May 8, 2020 10:17PM

joined Nov 23, 2015

This may not be the right place, but a friend of mine bought me the wrong manga and got Vol. 1-4 of this instead. All new; anyone interested in them for $24USD+shipping?

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

As much as I want to know what happens next, getting to an end to a wonderful series is saddening; withdrawal symptoms?
YagaKimi is going to end in Nov. 2019 with 8 volumes T_T
https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1121027825207775232

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 2:50PM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Man why do I find Yuu with rolled-up sleeves hot af

Yes, I find that panel really cool/hot too (and the form was great). lol. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch39#11
The action also complements with what she said; she wanted to make it sound like a clean break (or no big deal while acting all cool about it); what better way to express that than sending that "emotion" flying away?

Or the sound made by the bat upon ball contact matches the "break" part; whichever makes more sense to you.

last edited at Mar 8, 2019 12:59PM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Touko gave Yuu the shit end of the stick and then dumped her with it the moment it became inconvenient...

Dumped her? That wasn't how I read her apology--
"I took advantage of her."
"How many times have I forced her to silence herself? How many lies have I forced her to tell?"

True, her fear kept her from clearing up the misunderstanding, but I did not read this as a rejection at all; rather, this felt to me like the first time Touko truly acknowledged Yuu.

When I was saying that I was mostly illustrating it from Yuu's perspective. As the audience we get to see Touko's thoughts on the matter which Yuu doesn't.

Yes, I think we as readers tend to lose sight of how the whole lead-up to and aftermath of the performance plays out from Yuu’s perspective.

At the training camp, Yuu senses Touko’s distress at learning that her image of her sister was seriously incomplete. Yuu invites Touko to her room, where they make out and Touko warns Yuu against falling in love with her (which Yuu finally—almost—admits to herself has already happened). They go on their day-long aquarium date, including multiple acts of unprotected hand-holding. Yuu puts herself and their relationship on the line by initiating the rewriting of the play, and then doubles down with her heartfelt rooftop confrontation with Touko.

All this is intended to help Touko overcome her emotionally crippling secret insecurities, and, almost miraculously, it seems to work. Touko passes the crisis point of the play being over, she opens up more by allowing herself to join the acting troupe, and she’s generally relieved and happy.

So as Yuu sees it, the two of them are closer than ever, and even more importantly they’re closer to being on equal terms—Touko is the senpai but Yuu was the life guide who led Touko to the right path for moving ahead with her life.

Then comes the confession, and boom (as Yuu sees it) they’re back to (literally) the exact place they were in Chapter 10. And while she’s mistaken about the meaning of Touko’s apology, she’s not wrong about Touko’s continued unwillingness to accept Yuu’s love.

Then throw in the fact that Touko also seems to have taken advantage of her new-found (Yuu-inspired) emotional confidence to move on to new friends in the acting troupe, and Yuu very reasonably could see Touko as being nothing but selfishly opportunistic in their relationship.

Fortunately for Touko, Yuu is the opposite of a bitter and cynical person.

(Communication, people—sometimes it’s hard, but it’s always necessary.)

Great summary. What I feel as well. Can't wait for the climax/resolution. At least with volume 8 we know it's not going to be a rushed ending.

Oh, and I just want to add, I remembered reading a translation of an interview by Nakatani-sensei that said Yuu was created for Touko; to counter balance Touko's personality? Doesn't this kind of give the vibe that they're just fated for each other? lol. And so all these analyzes in the end, fate will also help them work it out? :) It's a nice thought that way. Nakatani-sensei definitely knows how to play with the human psychology and drama.

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Touko gave Yuu the shit end of the stick and then dumped her with it the moment it became inconvenient...

Dumped her? That wasn't how I read her apology--
"I took advantage of her."
"How many times have I forced her to silence herself? How many lies have I forced her to tell?"

True, her fear kept her from clearing up the misunderstanding, but I did not read this as a rejection at all; rather, this felt to me like the first time Touko truly acknowledged Yuu.

When I was saying that I was mostly illustrating it from Yuu's perspective. As the audience we get to see Touko's thoughts on the matter which Yuu doesn't.

Yes, I think we as readers tend to lose sight of how the whole lead-up to and aftermath of the performance plays out from Yuu’s perspective.

At the training camp, Yuu senses Touko’s distress at learning that her image of her sister was seriously incomplete. Yuu invites Touko to her room, where they make out and Touko warns Yuu against falling in love with her (which Yuu finally—almost—admits to herself has already happened). They go on their day-long aquarium date, including multiple acts of unprotected hand-holding. Yuu puts herself and their relationship on the line by initiating the rewriting of the play, and then doubles down with her heartfelt rooftop confrontation with Touko.

All this is intended to help Touko overcome her emotionally crippling secret insecurities, and, almost miraculously, it seems to work. Touko passes the crisis point of the play being over, she opens up more by allowing herself to join the acting troupe, and she’s generally relieved and happy.

So as Yuu sees it, the two of them are closer than ever, and even more importantly they’re closer to being on equal terms—Touko is the senpai but Yuu was the life guide who led Touko to the right path for moving ahead with her life.

Then comes the confession, and boom (as Yuu sees it) they’re back to (literally) the exact place they were in Chapter 10. And while she’s mistaken about the meaning of Touko’s apology, she’s not wrong about Touko’s continued unwillingness to accept Yuu’s love.

Then throw in the fact that Touko also seems to have taken advantage of her new-found (Yuu-inspired) emotional confidence to move on to new friends in the acting troupe, and Yuu very reasonably could see Touko as being nothing but selfishly opportunistic in their relationship.

Fortunately for Touko, Yuu is the opposite of a bitter and cynical person.

(Communication, people—sometimes it’s hard, but it’s always necessary.)

Great summary. What I feel as well. Can't wait for the climax/resolution. At least with volume 8 we know it's not going to be a rushed ending.

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

I am just not sure if volume 7 really ended in chapter 39, and chapter 40 is the start of the new volume...

It did, Nakatani said so on her twitter: vol 7 is over and the tankoubon will be out on April the 27th, and that same day chapter 40 will be out on Dengeki Daioh.

It also says so on the first/title page of this chapter at bottom Vol 7 out Apr. 27th and the last page saying next chapter Apr. 27th (they're not translated though).

For news on the latest translated YagaKimi news this group is good :) https://m.facebook.com/pg/yagakimi/posts/

Going to be four years anniversary for YagaKimi soon.

I didn't have time yet to read the previous messages yet so I apologize if it's already mentioned but apparently YagaKimi gets a musical performance in May I think?

last edited at Mar 7, 2019 11:05AM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

This is probably off topic, but I really don't want to waste these.
I have Vol. 1 YagaKimi DVD codes that I'd like to gave away so someone in Japan can actually use and not go to waste but I've had no luck giving it away since I think most English communities aren't in Japan/understand enough Japanese? https://twitter.com/f2mo89 I can send you the pictures with the code.

The code valid in Japan only is the YagaKimi Special Event in May pre-application ticket. http://cncn.jp/yagakimi_sp1/pcInfo.asp I'll have more from the Vol. 2 DVD too to gave away.

The other code is for the complete set DVD bonus mouse pad from Amazon Japan. (They'll need the other 3 codes from DVD bought from Amazon Japan). I only bought Vol. 1 DVD from Amazon Japan; so won't be qualified. https://e-entry.com/amazon-yagakimi-dvd

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

None of this is evidence that Touko was actually “contemplating suicide,” and as it turns out, some people at the time (no doubt influenced by the long tradition of Tragic Lesbians in popular culture generally and yuri manga specifically) were indeed overreacting, but there’s certainly enough death/finality verbal and visual imagery to be a bit unsettling.

They say that “two may be coincidence, three is a pattern,” and IIRC, we don’t have three. So readers at the time may have been overreacting to Touko’s personal crisis, but they weren’t making things up out of whole cloth either.

I was going to go through this point by point addressing why each one of these doesn't mean what some people took them to mean, but I feel like that wouldn't really fairly address your point. Yeah, I can understand why people read it that way. I still think they were wrong about their interpretations of those things, and when you take them within the larger context and tone of the manga, I think it's silly to harbor any actual fear of Nakatani sensei going there. NOW I think there's no real justification for being wary about a suicide ending. Touko is more stable and healthy than she's ever been, she has goals and interests beyond Yuu and emulating her sisters, she's closer to finding herself, she just hasn't figured out romance yet.

I also think western culture is way too enamored with suicide as a component in romance. Romeo and Juliet was not a romance, dammit!

I did want to address some cultural points in this one, though:

• Chapter 23: opens with Touko standing in a graveyard, and the first scene ends with her question, “And then . . .where can I go?”

The last scene begins with Touko smelling the obon incense just as she enters the train station, and then she repeats her previous question, “But what happens after the play is over? . . . Where . . Can I go?” (A rather more bleak formulation than, for example, “What should I do then?”) And visually there’s both the blank space in the distance and the sign reading, “Non stop to final destination.”

Chapter 23 is very much about Touko's uncertainty about what she's going to do after the play, But that isn't about thoughts of suicide, we're inside her thoughts throughout that chapter, and "what then?" is always framed as an open question. She's on a path, that path is close to it's end, and she doesn't know what she's going to do then. Her relationship with her dead sister is foremost in her actions through all of this, so it starts with her visiting her sister's grave, Hence the graveyard scene) and is bookended near the end with Mio visiting her (The smell of incense, after the time spent reminiscing about her with Sayaka) Her ruminations about what to do after the play are then interrupted by the text from Yuu, which symbolizes that Yuu is her way out of the quagmire. (This itself is later bookended by Yuu's "it's time to change trains". When you reach the end of the line? You change trains. Goddamn I love this series.)

I doubt any actual japanese person would interpret these cues in any way that hints at Touko having thoughts of suicide. Trains are a common part of everyday life, and Obon is a part of their culture and a regular ritual for reconnecting with and remembering passed loved ones.

Agreed, I just saw it as a culture thing. A lot of anime had used trains as metaphor of going on a journey of self discovery or that fork on the "life road" to discover themselves. As much as Nio sensei and the directors love to play on metaphors, I think sometimes we're just over playing it. ;)

And the Obon scene, I see it also as Touko reporting to her sister of how she is doing and kind of asking her if it's okay to move on from you now (or telling her she'll be doing it anyways). It's kinda like a conclusion of her to her sister that this is the last time I'll be here to see you as the way I'm now, this is goodbye. Even though I don't know what's going to happen next. I'll be moving on from you and I should be okay? (with uncertainty but she wanted a conclusion/finish of sort I feel)

P.S. As I just remembered, I did mention before that the art style/coloring and the dusk colors of the opening animation can be made into a horror/depressing opening with just a different music. lol. So yea suicide ideas from fans definitely understandable (especially of Yuri tragedy history).

last edited at Jan 3, 2019 9:04PM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

On another note, I have actually watched a video, and, depending on how you interpret one of the sentences in which they quote something Nakatani said in an interview (something along the lines of "I want that both Yuu and Touko end happy", albeit my memory tends to be poor for most things, so I may have warped the sentence), it would seem as if even Nakatani hinted us that it's gonna be a Yuu x Touko endgame. More importantly, Nakatani says that the end goal of YagaKimi is to answer the question "What is love?".

Yea, depending on the interpretation; even if they're not together they both learned/grew past their flaw (Yuu on love, Touko on her past/future), that could have be happy end in the author's opinion too; everyone close friends in the end. Of course I'm leaning for the more literal "end happy".

This makes sense, tho I still am not satisfied uwu it will be more like true ending that everyone knows what love is, and being friends at the end :v huuuuh love for 2 girls is so difficult

Ah, and I just thought if the goal is "what is love?" Touko: self love, Sayaka: more than best friend but not lover, You: first love/youth, then the rest cast on asexual, familial, etc.
Ur then not so bright outlook....>~<

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

On another note, I have actually watched a video, and, depending on how you interpret one of the sentences in which they quote something Nakatani said in an interview (something along the lines of "I want that both Yuu and Touko end happy", albeit my memory tends to be poor for most things, so I may have warped the sentence), it would seem as if even Nakatani hinted us that it's gonna be a Yuu x Touko endgame. More importantly, Nakatani says that the end goal of YagaKimi is to answer the question "What is love?".

Yea, depending on the interpretation; even if they're not together they both learned/grew past their flaw (Yuu on love, Touko on her past/future), that could have be happy end in the author's opinion too; everyone close friends in the end. Of course I'm leaning for the more literal "end happy".

last edited at Jan 2, 2019 12:52PM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

I think everyone's view about Yuu and Sayaka is a bit different depending on personal opinion/experience.

I see Yuu as selfless to go help out Touko out of her mental state even though she knows that Touko may not need her anymore; that she's no longer "special" to Touko out of love (yes Yuu did start out kind of just being dragged along, but once she figured out she's in love, she made a decision about it and the result was just harder to accept then she initially thought that even if she got rejected she'd still be able to stay by Touko's side). As a partner, she picked the harder choice but knowing it'll help Touko with self love. And remember that Yuu is an indecisive starter but once a decision is made she'll see it through; that to me is she's a fighter and has a confident personality just that she's not an ambitious person so doesn't have things she like so gave other the feeling that she's a pushover but really she just doesn't really care either way (if it makes you happy and I've got nothing better to do, why not?)

I see Sayaka as a more of a conflict free type and is very much aware of her own flaws and personality. She tries to not cause friction in relationships and in this case she waited until better chances with Touko; aka no conflict to have the courage to confess. That's also a step forward but she definitely didn't take as much a risk as Yuu did. As a friend/support Sayaka is a lovable character. But as a lover, she's someone who doesn't take the initiative in relationships and does not fight for love (she is moving forward now though) which means a more passive role like the role she played as the Play's girlfriend. She'll spoil you and cushion you from reality but then you'll still have to go out and figure out how to problem solve yourself (Whereas I feel Yuu will try to help you out both at home and out there in the world).

last edited at Jan 2, 2019 12:35PM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Way I took that hallucination where little Sayaka picked up little Touko was that it was a moment of personal integration for Touko.

Just wants to point out that this scene is specifically a reference back to this

Touko's psychological development was partially arrested when her sister died. She has lived both as a "fake" Touko who has grown up and a little Touko that has just been sitting in the dark, mourning and wishing she had not lost her sister and blaming herself. Going through the play allowed Touko to leave her self-destructive feelings behind, but didn't fix the inner conflict completely.

When Sayaka bluntly refuses to entertain her non-sense about "don't confess, because I'm a bad person" and just goes through with it like a confident adult, she also takes that little kid in her arms and tells her that it's ok to be a complete Touko. She has her back and she won't back out or run away from her. While Touko and Sayaka experience a different thing here (both have their own perceptions about it), it's a powerful moment for the both of them regardless.

While I agree that this chapter does further resolve Touko's inner identity conflict, it has less to do with Touko learning to be her complete self (tho I'm not dismissing your reading of that specific scene since it's valid, just wants to elaborate on the significance of this chapter to the plot moving forwards). The thing is Yuu has already told Touko almost the exact same thing in ch 28. Touko has already reached the epiphany that she can be herself, both the weak and perfect sides, comfortably in front of others since the event of the play thanks to Yuu (refer back to ch 32). In other words, Touko has learned about self-love (or started to). What Sayaka brought to the table in this chapter is placing this same concept in the context of romantic love for someone else. Since what Touko is struggling with right now is the idea that love is conditional and that people can only love an image of another person--which will result in them falling out of love with that person if that image doesn't live up to expectations or if it changes (which is why she told Sayaka "I am not who you expect me to be"). And this is exactly her current conflict with Yuu. She thinks she can't answer Yuu's feelings because Yuu is no longer "the girl who can't fall in love with her." Obviously, this logic is whack and it conflicts with how she actually feels towards Yuu since she does love her still. Sayaka telling Touko that she loves "everything" about her will challenge this view and help her come to the point where she can also say the same about Yuu.

Tldr Sayaka just gave Touko an important romantic advice. Thanks Sayaka and also RIP.

Yes. Agreed! Both Touko and Sayaka moved forward. Next chapter could be about Yuu moving forward or Touko's perspective on Sayaka's confession or maybe half and half....oh is it ending soon? Is there a chance for volume 8?

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Honestly, it's been in the back of my mind for a long time that Touko and Yuu could end up being only friends. Until Yuu's big confession, I really wondered if Yuu really was never in love with Touko. I was poisoned by the ridiculous "asexual" discussion in the early chapters.

I personally don't see sexual chemistry between them. But maybe that's because in my opinion Yuu is still too much like a child.

That's definitely a possibility since it'll also fit the author's style and it's the easier way to end the story but I would dread it...I hope the author will have a more creative happy ending for Yuu/Touko though!

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Sayaka is a cool character, just by how she was portrayed in the chapters (has her flaws too but not a sneaky third main character; she's very honorable character; I usually hate love triangles) that I expected Sayaka to confess and she'll accept that they can just be friends; she probably subconsciously knows too and Touko/Yuu relationship. That's how the author's style feel like; she has the magical way of "calmly" resolving everything.

Oh, I remember. Yuu also knows about Sayaka loving Touko so I wonder if Yuu has thought about Sayaka confessing?

last edited at Jan 2, 2019 11:35AM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

The author did it again, a wonderful confession on Sayaka's part; I was actually cheering for her (even though I like Yuu&Touko together). Really felt her emotions and relief at having finished the confession. And the author taking the time to work out Sayaka's feelings/why love Touko was just so wonderful. Wish more manga (yuri) like such. >_<
As a thought since talking about all the different confessions in this manga, Yuu's confession reply by Touko "I'm sorry" also ties in with chapter one where Touko rejected the guy; so assumption by Yuu whom witnessed that scene to jump to conclusions plus her lack of experience made a wonderful full circle tie-in/logic as well.

asakura89
asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

My eyes rolled so hard I'm dizzy.

Lol. You made my day! This comment made me laugh so hard, more than this frustrating manga ever did. Thanks. :)

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

Next chapter Dec 27. Start of the field trip.

W.H.A.T.???? I mean, R.E.A.L.L.Y.?

Foreclosure in 2020?

Maybe, maybe we just have hope for volume 8? Really hope this one has a good ending that's not rushed or think for yourself open endings!

In the meantime, the anime and the radio show can hopefully keep us preoccupied.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=やがて君になる~私、このラジオ好きになりそう~&oq=やがて君になる~私、このラジオ好きになりそう~&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65j0.1184j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Translation of radio 1 https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/comments/9lf1xw/october_4_bloom_into_you_i_think_im_going_to_fall/

Seiyuu interviews https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/10/15/191-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-part-1-takada-yuki-kotobuki-minako/

https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/10/16/192-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-part-2-takada-yuki-kotobuki-minako/

https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/11/05/195-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-kayano-ai/

And the Opening and Ending song CDs are out. Support the Seiyuu, remember they get commission on the CDs sold. Have to say the ED song really grew on me and love their voice!

last edited at Dec 2, 2018 1:31PM

asakura89
joined Nov 23, 2015

as much I like Miyako and Riko I sure hope this is not the monthly chapter

Next chapter Dec 27. Start of the field trip.