Forum › Motto Hanjuku Joshi discussion

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I dig this new couple~ Youko-chan and Yae:Male Edition for the win~~

On another note, I also liked how Yae wanted to show support for Youko, how she wanted to be positive about it, but her resentment got the better of her and she ended up saying the "maybe it's not really love after all" line. I like when works depict these small inner conflicts, and characters end up saying things before their brains even process it. Bonus points for Yae not backpedalling on her words even though she was aware she was being unreasonably mean. Somehow, it felt real, this whole scene.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

i think the ayu girl is chitose's first love who looks like yae?

Ayumi, and yeah, definitely. She thinks she's seen Chitose, and she's got the right name and appearance.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I just pulled all nighter to read this manga and the previous manga full of Yae and Chitose
Bless Morinaga, bless the translators, raw providers, scanslators, cleaners, quality checkers and whoever else was involved.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I can ascend to heaven now.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

So the girl who broke Yae's heart, and left her questioning her gender identity, turned out to be into girls after all. I think if I were YaeI would be pissed.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 1:22AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I want to know how Ran, and Mari are doing.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Bruh wtf? Am I the only one who thought this was messed up?

That Youko chick first confesses to our fluffy portag in middleschool but then deflects her own comment by using her BS "But we're both girls" jutsu then she meets the fluffy in present time and is like "yo sup gimme relationship advice bro, haven't seen you in years but whatevs, lemme braid your frecken hair man"

And SHE'S INTO THE male but not really male, female version of the protag???? Really????? That's such a crappy thing to do!?? And our protag is just like "meh whatevs". Am I missing something?

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

That Youko chick first confesses to our fluffy portag in middleschool but then deflects her own comment by using her BS "But we're both girls" jutsu then she meets the fluffy in present time and is like "yo sup gimme relationship advice bro, haven't seen you in years but whatevs, lemme braid your frecken hair man"

And SHE'S INTO THE male but not really male, female version of the protag???? Really????? That's such a crappy thing to do!?? And our protag is just like "meh whatevs". Am I missing something?

Meanwhile the actual boyfriend (not sure if they broke up?) Is out there somewhere.

This did feel weird to me

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, Yae confessed to Youko and she responded to her by saying that she loved her, but they were both girls. So it was more of the "I love you, but as a friend." And they did see each other not too long ago. They went to an amusement park in the original manga... kind of a double date thing.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Omg this sucks so much for Yae...

"Maybe if I try to cut my hair and be more boyish, she'll fall for me... yeah right, NOT HAPPENING." And she gave up.

And then it turns out that, hey, it could have worked just fine! She gave up too quickly...

This sucks like a vacuum cleaner. >_<

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Yae is really not like meh whatevs, she is super bothered by it, that why she said the very realistic but kinda shitty thing of "if you can't tell if it's love or not maybe it isn't" - not because she wanted to give her real advice but because she was pissed at this girl for now crushing on another girl when she was rejected back in middle school

It's totally fair, if my old friend from school who I was crushing on but was super straight turned out to be gay I would be also be like wtf are you kidding me

Also pairing that with the fact that the girl the old friend is crushing on is a "masculine" version of herself just makes things real complicated

Totally gonna be some drama down the road, I don't think Yae is completely over Youko yet, so things are gonna get i n t e r e s t i n g

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

This new development is rubbing me the wrong way... but I'm most miffed about the fact that we have this new couple instead of an update on one of the best teacher student pairs xD Gimme my girls back

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So the girl who broke Yae's heart, and left her questioning her gender identity, turned out to be into girls after all. I think if I were YaeI would be pissed.

Not so much questioning as resenting. Like she never seemed to think she -was- a boy, she just hated that she wasn't. But that's neither here nor there.

We kind of knew this, though. I mean, you could see the pain in her heart when she found out about Chitose, and it kind of gave the impression that the whole "but we're both girls!" thing was more of an autopilot response than an actual considered position.

Like, "Wait, you mean it's -actually- an -option-?"

And so she wanders off to crush on somebody that looks just like Yae HMMM.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 4:53AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yae is really not like meh whatevs, she is super bothered by it, that why she said the very realistic but kinda shitty thing of "if you can't tell if it's love or not maybe it isn't" - not because she wanted to give her real advice but because she was pissed at this girl for now crushing on another girl when she was rejected back in middle school

It's totally fair, if my old friend from school who I was crushing on but was super straight turned out to be gay I would be also be like wtf are you kidding me

Also pairing that with the fact that the girl the old friend is crushing on is a "masculine" version of herself just makes things real complicated

Totally gonna be some drama down the road, I don't think Yae is completely over Youko yet, so things are gonna get i n t e r e s t i n g

I think it's important to point out that Youko never really got over Yae -either-. She was super perturbed when she found out Yae had a girlfriend. She was verbally supportive, but she was clearly upset the whole time. So she probably feels like Ayumi is a second chance to act on her true feelings for Yae. (That doesn't have to mean her feelings for Ayumi aren't real, mind you, after all Chitose was initially attracted to Yae because she looked like Ayumi.)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lol, Chitose's and Yae's first loves get together.

It's a small world after all.

Chitose is probably not going to mind, but I understand why Yae would be pissed off.

And then, Katsuji-kun is abandoned in a ditch, like any male side-character should in a yuri manga.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This may be the series that most combines fluffy lovey-dovey fluff with actual thoughtful takes on issues that these characters would actually be worried about.

One thing to remember is that in this series whenever things get tangled up, there’s always the same solution: they demonstrate to one another just how much they love each other just the way they are,

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

This may be the series that most combines fluffy lovey-dovey fluff with actual thoughtful takes on issues that these characters would actually be worried about.

One thing to remember is that in this series whenever things get tangled up, there’s always the same solution: they demonstrate to one another just how much they love each other just the way they are,

It alwase gets a laugh out of me when i see them start up some fairly serious drama then just repell it with their almost dagerous amount of love for each other.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I do agree this second series isn't as good as the first was (it's way too soon for me to be saying that wholeheartedly), but these are still characters that I love to death. Plus this new development with the two past loves is super promising.
It makes me want to reread the first series over again, even if I just did that like a month ago. Does it become a problem when you're reading the same manga once a month?
...ah, whatever.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I think I've said it before, but I read the original for the first time earlier this year, like a few months ago. It was really nice. This isn't as good yet but it can improve down the road.
Anyway, I kinda feel bad for Yae, but the new couple could be really nice.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Omg this sucks so much for Yae...

"Maybe if I try to cut my hair and be more boyish, she'll fall for me... yeah right, NOT HAPPENING." And she gave up.

And then it turns out that, hey, it could have worked just fine! She gave up too quickly...

This sucks like a vacuum cleaner. >_<

Well, I think it's great that she didn't have to change who she was, in order to find someone who cherishes her. She's fine now.

But I'd still be pissed if I was her xD

Next chapter can't got here soon enough.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, yeah. Break up with your boyfriend before going on to confess to someone new.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

The main couple is meh, but the other is shit, completely shit, hey, you have a boyfriend, so what the fuck are you confessing to other...that Yoko is idiot...I hate this things in Yuri manga, is stupid
Pd. Put this chapter the Bisexual tag...

last edited at Jan 30, 2019 12:14PM

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

This last arc so good, but the cliffhanger of this chapter got me like 'oh no'. Yae is probably gonna like go kick Ayu's ass into gear and be like "Bitch the girl likes you. She accepted your love when she wouldn't even accept mine" and Ayu is gonna go after Youko and drama with Boyfriend-kun and fuck yes more yuri.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

“Stop flirting with me while you have a boyfriend”
“She said something horrible to me so I’m hanging out with my boyfriend instead”
This girl is peak levels of stupid.

To reply you must either login or sign up.