Forum › The Fourth Heroine discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just love the whole concept of this, manga characters who know there in a story and can actually effect the story as it happens is such a neat idea. I'd love to see more yuri's or any kind of stories like this.

P.S. Anyone else wanna know what happened to the girl who ended up in the war manga?

In a way could be fun, but not like it's depicted here, I mean, knowing that you live in a manga but also knowing that you have but one purpose and if your refuse you're screwed is very cruel... Also changing the events of your world using a magic book like a manga sounds like an ability that you'll see in Bleach

joined Feb 6, 2018

Does this author have a social media page? I love the art and would like to see more of their work.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Lampooning shitty manga tropes is always a good thing

Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

Meta?
Self-aware?
Truman Show?

Also, is this short what happens when a lesbian side couple levels up?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Unfortunately, the scanlator has said that they found the other works in the anthology to be uninteresting and is probably not going to scanlate them: https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/9puc7p/disc_the_fourth_heroine_oneshot/e84amhs/

Which is too bad. Hopefully the raws are out there somewhere for someone to pick up.

joined Sep 28, 2018

Just wondering, is that a typo on page 17?
I figured Misaki would most likely be saying "Logically you would have the doors locked"

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Also, this brings me back to before I discovered yuri manga and used to read harem romcoms. I remember reading through them and unconsciously shipping the female love interests together, lol.

LMAO same

Hahahahahaha yes, so much yes, fucking Date a live

joined May 24, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_fourth_heroine#19

Whoa, talk about generic insipid protagonist

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh my god, brilliant
Manga + subverted harem + common sense, best combo
Good writing, would've been super interesting if it was longer. I was super into in the end, it was suuuch tease gdi, I'm so thirsty for Megu x Misaki now, I need to see their relationship evolve further beyond that cliffhanger

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This is something I'd like to read as a series.

joined Sep 11, 2014

"Don't try to apply logic to love-comedy!"

Pretty much sums up harem love-comedy genre. Every single little thing the protag do will make the heroines wet for him.
"Oh he picked up my handkerchief for me, he must be my one and only!"
"He just groped my breasts and land face-first into my crotch. I want to have his babies!"

Just, bleh.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Reminds me of the movie “Adaptation” starring Nicholas Cage. This manga is brilliantly funny and original... the cross story character switch, cliche skewing parody, and existential obedience are combined into this great one-shot.

I don’t want this made into a series because it is too difficult to come up with additional material without tiring out the humor/jokes in this clever one-shot. I do like authors testing the waters with new, original short stories, but expanding out short stories is difficult for the author because the framework they’re building off from constrains their creativity. Making a series out of this is like the Hugo award winning short story “Flowers for Algernon” made into a diluted book/movie of the same name that lost the emotional punch in the oringal short story.

This goes into Favorites, and I’ll keep a look out for future publications by the author/artist.

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 1:40AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Oh, btw, second page: “Until you came, at least.” should actually be: “Until you came, at last.”

Hopefully it will be corrected.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Page 14: “Protagonist-kun is about arrive”
Should really be “Protagonist-kun is about to arrive”—
You’re welcome.

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 1:54AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

There was a show called the Joe Schmo Show (on Spike TV, I believe) that was basically this. It was disguised as a reality tv show, 'cept everyone was a paid actor/actress (hell, Kristen Wiig was on it pre-SNL fame) except for the main guy. Basically they threw the craziest stuff at him to see what it would take for him to figure out it was fake. It was some fine cringe comedy. The guy was kind of a lovable idiot, though, which helped.

But I digress. This is amazingly unique and should be read by all.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Also, this brings me back to before I discovered yuri manga and used to read harem romcoms. I remember reading through them and unconsciously shipping the female love interests together, lol.

LMAO same

Same x2

But damn, I love how she wrecked the het harem. It’s always so satisfying when yuri beats het. Also, as other commenters have said, meta as fuuuuck. This would be great source material for literary analysis

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm not sure if the story is about a weird reality show style manga, or if all of characters are just seriously breaking the 4th wall, but I reality liked iit. I would love to see an actual harem story, where a couple of the girls end up falling for each other, and give up on the guy completely. I think that would make a (mostly) het harem series, actually bearable to follow.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I wonder if the protagonist is also aware that his universe is a manga: does he have free will? It doesn't seem like he is aware that he's just following a script.

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 3:06AM

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

I just love the whole concept of this, manga characters who know there in a story and can actually effect the story as it happens is such a neat idea. I'd love to see more yuri's or any kind of stories like this.

P.S. Anyone else wanna know what happened to the girl who ended up in the war manga?

In a way could be fun, but not like it's depicted here, I mean, knowing that you live in a manga but also knowing that you have but one purpose and if your refuse you're screwed is very cruel... Also changing the events of your world using a magic book like a manga sounds like an ability that you'll see in Bleach

It's more of a Jojo ability actually, Boingo has similar stand in part 3

Also, the protagonist seems super shady

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 2:22AM

joined Aug 28, 2016

Oh, btw, second page: “Until you came, at least.” should actually be: “Until you came, at last.”

Hopefully it will be corrected.

I think "at least" is actually correct there. It's meant as a contrastive phrase, like "or at least that's what I thought until you came".

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I do agree that a full-on series would probably be hard to do, but a singular sequel would be pretty nice. I'd like Megumi's and Misaki's relationship to be developed and explored more, especially since in this setting a yuri relationship seems to be basically unheard of, judging by the others' reactions.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I love everything about this parody, especially as it hits the "stupid protag + harem" cliché so well, even the Yuri side couple is still believable in a het romance comedy, so I am living for this whole one shot (waaa I want more)

It's nice to see how things play out when normal logic is applied and that it's only the dumb protag who has no idea what's going on haha. That locker scene though yesss

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

This is a masterpiece for me.
Like how Misaki easily sabotage the manga.
Also showing us how will they be the next manga's protagonist. A new yuri manga. Cool.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

It doesn't look like Misaki enjoys the ecchi at the end but I'll just ignore that
Well, I guess she's just shocked, I would be pretty shocked also

Look closely, she's totally blushing. I think she was more surprised than anything.

Yeah, I just meant the last page where she was really shocked

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It needed at least another chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.