Forum › The Fourth Heroine discussion

joined Jan 14, 2015

I get why it's a one-shot but I still have to applaud it for having a really interesting take on manga cliches and for making an interesting world

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

full series pleeeeeeeeease

Flag-001
joined Jan 30, 2018

Also, this brings me back to before I discovered yuri manga and used to read harem romcoms. I remember reading through them and unconsciously shipping the female love interests together, lol.

LMAO same

Hahahahahaha yes, so much yes, fucking Date a live

I do that in almost every harem and did it nearly constantly with High school DxD.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

The fourth wall has been crushed into smithereens

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

Man this one was good, I always hated harem characters because I thought they were dumb, the love interests don't have the slightest bit of self-esteem and tend to do the stupidest shit to try to gain the love of the main guy who instead of pursuing one love interest, plays with all of them and tends to be dumb as fuck, that's why I love mangas that tends to break this stupid routine.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Before I was turned off by Yuri turning het at the end.

A harem romcom turns Yuri? WAIT WHAT? I NEED A SEQUEL!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I thought a sequel would be impossible but thinking about it, a happy ending would be something like they are coming in terms with the realization that they'll turn into background faceless character after this, still refusing to follow "the rules" and when is about to happen, a new chapter comes with the announcement that they'll get their own spin off and their right to keep living their own world, wouldn't that be romantic?

I was picturing something similar. Magu-chan and Misaki-chan, are repeatedly warned by the other heroines, they will be removed if they don't give up, on each other and go back to chasing protagonist-kun. Facing the certain oblivion of being written off, they declare their love for each other anyway. At the last minute, they learn they can stay. It turns out their relationship is very popular so the get to stay as a Lesbian sidecouple. And everybody lives happily ever after. Well everybody except the poor heroine who "wins" protagonist-kun. She is definitely getting the short end of the stick if you ask me.

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 1:33AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

spiels posted:

The fourth wall break in this one is out of this world. Dayum.
Also kudos to Megu-chan's enligtenment. In a harem manga, there's always that kind of fanservice too after all.

Nah is always a yuri crush unrequited, ir order to give protagonist kun the chance of a trio because those fuckers think that's the only use for yuri

It's usually worse than that, Every harem, with a yuri crush, I've seen, the yuri crush girl initially hates the protagonist, because he is coming between her and her crush. Then slowly falls into his clutches, becoming just another girl chasing after him. The moral of her tale is all you need to "cure" a girl of lesbianism is somebody with a penis to pay attention to her.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Wish this was a series, It made me laugh out loud which almost never happens.

Also, this brings me back to before I discovered yuri manga and used to read harem romcoms. I remember reading through them and unconsciously shipping the female love interests together, lol.

The succubus and the yuki-onna in Rosario + Vampire are basically canon thanks to fan insistance. Although that harem never had much suspense, it was always going to be Protagonist-Kun and First Girl.

I finished reading this, and felt like giving it a standing ovation.

Then I found it's a oneshot, not the first chapter of a series, and felt like sinking into an abyss of despair. >_<

^^ This.

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 6:28AM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

This! This is what I have been looking for. This should been what happens in EVERY FREAKING HAREM MANGA.

The succubus and the yuki-onna in Rosario + Vampire are basically canon thanks to fan insistance. Although that harem never had much suspense, it was always going to be Protagonist-Kun and First Girl.

Also since what chapter did they become canon may I ask? I remembered shipping them but then dropped the manga all too soon.

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 10:19AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The doujin you never knew you wanted, but now you're hoping for the sequel and spinoff.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Loved this, but whyyyyy did it end just as it was getting even better!?!

I feel so bad for the girl who ended up in the war manga lmao.

24-1
joined Sep 21, 2011

That was great.

joined Oct 3, 2016

Thing is I had an idea almost exactly like this. Except the MC was the transfer girl trying to pull the heroine out of the harem. It's nice to see a similar idea actualized

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

All genres have their tropes, but some genres are more ridiculous with them, and more insidious, too. I like this. Should get an high-production anime movie. For justice. ^^

joined Sep 5, 2018

johnb said:

It's usually worse than that, Every harem, with a yuri crush, I've seen, the yuri crush girl initially hates the protagonist, because he is coming between her and her crush. Then slowly falls into his clutches, becoming just another girl chasing after him. The moral of her tale is all you need to "cure" a girl of lesbianism is somebody with a penis to pay attention to her.

In Nisekoi, the yuri crush girl (Fuu) stopped hating the protagonist but remained faithful to her yuri crush until the end of the series. Unfortunately, said crush also remained unrequited until the end of the series.

Also props to Negima for pairing off two of the harem candidates with each other (Konoka x Setsuna) and effectively making them an official couple by the end of the series. Then again, the harem was so large that removing two girls from it didn’t reduce its size that much. They even had a third girl to spare (Natsumi) for a second sidecouple.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

johnb said:

In Nisekoi, the yuri crush girl (Fuu) stopped hating the protagonist but remained faithful to her yuri crush until the end of the series. Unfortunately, said crush also remained unrequited until the end of the series.

Also props to Negima for pairing off two of the harem candidates with each other (Konoka x Setsuna) and effectively making them an official couple by the end of the series. Then again, the harem was so large that removing two girls from it didn’t reduce its size that much. They even had a third girl to spare (Natsumi) for a second sidecouple.

To add on to this, from what I've read Kuroko from To aru Index/Railgun never actually "grows out of" her crush on Mikoto or becomes interested in any boys either. Unfortunately her crush, to my knowledge, is also completely unrequited.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I feel there's a ton of untapped potential in this setting.

For example, Misaki-chan: she looks like a warzone refugee. She isn't even wearing an uniform! That's not the normal look for a high school romcom heroine. Both readers and people in-manga should be complaining and demanding that she takes a bath, combs her hair, wears a proper uniform, etc. etc.

And the blonde beribboned loli, will she be ok? Yeah, cuz if you look closely, she's a loli... haha, I guess it was the obvious addition to this cast of romcom heroines: if you've got osananajimi, tsundere and kyonyuu, the obvious fourth is a loli. I worry about her safety in a war manga, what's gonna happen to her??? (Actually, my little bro said that the answer is evident: "She gonna die in 10 minutes, DUH!" But I hope that's not it...)

And Misaki should have an impressive set of survival skills, seeing as she has been living and scavenging in a war area for some time... she prolly can use guns, jury-rig all sort of devices, fight with improvised weapons, make a campfire and cook food on it... but, so far, she hasn't had the chance to put any of these to use... that's a side of her that should definitely be explored...

In conclusion, leaving this manga as a oneshot is a crime. I demand a series! ヽ(͡◕ ͜ʖ ͡◕)ノ

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Red posted:

Author art
https://bit.ly/2ApQDTG

Reminds me of the Eva uniforms, maybe they share the same universe:PPP

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 12:51PM

Flag-001
joined Jan 30, 2018

I don't need I full series, but I'd love another chapter or two.
Also maybe a check in with the girl in the war manga. It be awesome if it turns out she lost it and when't full Rambo.

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

Ooo man this is something. A sequel would be good right about now

Mugi
joined Oct 17, 2016

Me : reading 4th heroine's statement
Also me : nod TRUE AF

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

In my opinion, becoming a full couple in the middle of a story actually means more danger for the side characters in a straight-up ecchi romcom. Since "will they-won't they" is no longer applied to them, authors often would write them out, or at least severely reduce their panelspace.
Now, if it was a romance drama, side characters becoming a couple would most likely guarantee their longevity, since they'd become a "beta couple" and play a mentor role for the "prime couple". They could even get whole plot arcs to themselves.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

I think this one need Fourth Wall Breaking tag.

To reply you must either login or sign up.