Forum › Pages in Search of a Bookmark discussion

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I feel like people are just using other manga/anime plots to form their theories about the girl. I’ll do it too: my guess is that she died in the library, reawakened as a zombie and has no memory of her past life. She’s prob secretly in a zombie idol group too

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Hmm it is indeed a rare happening but childhood friends can win too!
Two examples:
- Kashimashi (yuri)
- DNA 2 ( straight but relevant to conversation)

Aww it's nice to know that there are still people who appreciate DNA 2.

I'm the one who translated it to English, at a time when scanlation was an unknown thing. I translated chapter by chapter and posted the text files in the VGAI ML (which had actually become, in time, more like a "Anything by Masakazu Katsura" ML). People would download the scans of the original Japanese pages and read 'em holding a printed copy of my translations in hand. Oh the memories.

wow no way i remember reading those! XD ugh i loved dna2. i didn't read many that were full txt like that (i myself never held it up to the manga, just read it like a play) but i read that one and kimagure orange road. kimagure was also done really well. when i got into manga it was at the tail end of texts like that and editing the actual manga was just beginning to be a thing. my mind was blown when i found those lol.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

I feel like people are just using other manga/anime plots to form their theories about the girl

Well of course. Tropes exist for a reason.

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Maybe this whole time she been tripping and senpai is a ghost and like the classmates are like yoo she dead bruh. Thats why she suddnly appears and chilhood friend is linked to mc so shes taking some of that dank too lmao

joined Jul 20, 2011
  • Kashimashi (yuri)

The childhood friend win was in the manga ending or the anime ending? It's been a looooong time since I read that and I don't remember.

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 7:34AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

There's no way this is anything but a twin filling in for her deceased sister.

The twin isn't actively pretending to be the sister, but this girl just showed up and she didn't know how else to handle it with everyone around. Then while she's perhaps trying to move forward, this girl goes and proclaims she loves her and that sets her off, like "If you really loved her you wouldn't mistake someone else for her."

She probably has a diary or something her sister left behind showing how much this girl means to her (or perhaps she just already knows and was just jealous in the moment) which makes her backpedal a bit at the brutal way she reacted to her. She kind of became a conduit for her sister still being alive, or some craziness.

I want to think this is a chance for the childhood friend to still get somewhere but in all likelihood this twin is going to fall for her and after some shaky "I'm not who you think I am", it's going to become mutual.

My only hope is the childhood friend doesn't end up alone :\

Eh, this is a strong possibility, but we don't have enough facts yet. Amnesia due to a medical condition or a change in personality can also fit the details we have so far. Also, if she had actually died, most likely her workplace would've heard about it, and her sister wouldn't be able to just show up and work in her place. It's possible she's decieving them, but it would be odd for the family not to inform her workplace that she'd passed.

Also, the line she said about "If one of those qualities were missing, you wouldn't recognize me anymore?" seems to speak more towards someone who trying to figure out who she is.

Of course, since it looks like Rikako overheard the truth, whatever it is, I don't imagine it'll be much longer before we find out.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017
  • Kashimashi (yuri)

The childhood friend win was in the manga ending or the anime ending? It's been a looooong time since I read that and I don't remember.

Kind of both. The anime has an extra fake-out followed by the wishy-washiest switch I've ever seen, but she still ends up with her childhood friend in both versions.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

When you fuck up this badly...

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

So many things just happened... Not gonna lie, I didn't follow this chapter 100%.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Twins it is!

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Haha what

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I'm quasi guessing, but it seems like Ayaka here loved Touka, Touka loved Chitose, and when Touka died Ayaka got close to Chitose while pretending to be Touka out of misplaced affection or a desire to keep that aspect of Touka alive. Lot of ways they could take this, so that's nice. Although a little, ah, contrived? Especially the 'knocking Chitose down the stairs' bit.

Note that I don't think Ayaka did this on purpose, she just looks like Touka enough that Chitose got it wrong, and Ayaka didn't want to break that illusion. She's just in way over her head on this lie, but it's gone too far to back out now.

last edited at Oct 16, 2018 5:18PM

Untitled-1
joined Jun 11, 2013

wow, that guy was so rude ._.

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

i keep getting more lost as time goes on lol

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

That was pretty easy to understand; basically childhood friend has a higher chance of winning now. Unless this story is actually about the twin developing feelings for her sister's crush. I personally prefer the former, let bun girl win please.

Ok I think I starting to get the picture here.
Twins Touka was the one that Chitose met at the library..but Touka must of died somehow, now her twin Ayaka is pretending to be her for whatever reason.

Well that's my theory anyway.

I'm quasi guessing, but it seems like Ayaka here loved Touka, Touka loved Chitose, and when Touka died Ayaka got close to Chitose while pretending to be Touka out of misplaced affection or a desire to keep that aspect of Touka alive. Lot of ways they could take this, so that's nice. Although a little, ah, contrived? Especially the 'knocking Chitose down the stairs' bit.

Note that I don't think Ayaka did this on purpose, she just looks like Touka enough that Chitose got it wrong, and Ayaka didn't want to break that illusion. She's just in way over her head on this lie, but it's gone too far to back out now.

I agree.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

So Blondie has identity issues. Tbh it’d feel right if this went down a horror path

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A couple of odd things:

(But first, Chitose has just become a first-year high-school student, right?)

• The 3rd-year students all seem to know that Touka is gone.
  • (We might assume) that the twins attended the same school.
  • Ayaka used to have short hair.
  • Ayaka thinks “Touka loves . . . Chitose,” present tense.

Taking the last one first, if the tense is correct Ayaka could be referring to “fake Touka who lives on in me.” Or Touka literally could have “gone far away,” and still be alive. Or it could just be a translation glitch.

But the hair. We know that about a year has passed, but I’m pretty sure it takes more than a year to grow hair from about shoulder length (p. 5) to all the way down to your waist. But maybe she started growing it before Touka “went away” in order to “get closer.”

In any case, the 3rd-years would all know that Touka is gone, and that Ayaka is now mimicking Touka’s appearance.

And maybe for some reason the twins didn’t actually attend the same school, which explains why the sensei was previously unaware of Ayaka’s masquerade.

At the very least, we ought to have some pretty creeped-out 3rd-years.

EDIT: I forgot to include the possibility of a waist-length wig, at which point the creep factor goes up exponentially.

last edited at Oct 16, 2018 6:45PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ie. Ayaka has some issues. To her credit she actually tried to air at least some of them to Chitose - twice - but got interrupted both times...

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Quick! While she's distracted, run to your childhood friend girl! Avoid all this upcoming dramapalooza!

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

that got edgestremely out of control

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Quick! While she's distracted, run to your childhood friend girl! Avoid all this upcoming dramapalooza!

Chitose is a little busy falling down the stairs at the moment . . .

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I'm still here just cheering for bun girl.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Stairs-san made an appearance xDD

last edited at Oct 16, 2018 8:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.