Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

joined May 25, 2017

Top Becomes Bottom Amnesia

joined Sep 6, 2018

We need more grandma Yuri.

I disagree... I recall seeing a movie called “If these walls could talk” and seeing the troubles old women in same sex relationships go through in their final years is depressing... some of the issues brought up in the film have been dealt with and some issues haven’t or couldn’t be resolved.

Hey i saw that movie as well, with young Ellen Degeneres haha.... Man it was depressing. And also funny but the first story fml I cried.

Yeah, that first one was a doosy... Each subsequent couple have their challenges a little easier.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Ugh. On the one hand I like that this is a series with adult women and they often speak frankly about more adult things. On the other, I'm sooooo tired of the manga trope that literally any kind of normal, healthy physical contact that any couple would do is lewd and embarrassing beyond belief. It made sense for a few chapters given the scenario here, but it's worn out its welcome for sure.

Well said.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Top Becomes Bottom Amnesia

I think the far more interesting point, more so than Arisa loosing her Top position, is the fact Mari has grown confident enough that she's no longer a total Bottom!

joined Nov 21, 2017

Ugh... When is the old Arisa coming back? I want her alredy... And why don't you do something Mari-san?! You want it so bad!

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

this is supposed to be a cute chapter and all but damn i dont want to get that old

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

We have seen some growth. Yeah, Arisa is still super flustered every time but Mari is definitely getting more comfortable with her new role as the more... active partner, even proposing to Arisa. Still, progress is pretty excruciatingly slowly on the Arisa front, and I wouldn't expect that to change much any time soon. Could be another 10 chapters til we see anything on even the scale of their hot springs trip. But hey, you never know! It's still pretty consistently cute, and there's usually at least one good gag per chapter. (Not a lot for what is essentially a comedy 4koma but hey, I'll take what i can get.)

edit: Also, and this is by no means a complaint to the good people scanlating it, updates are almost always gonna be less frequent in non-official translations, which doesn't help the sense of scale/time for progress.

(And make no mistake, I definitely don't deny that the character development and story is inching along at a... relaxed pace.)

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 4:58PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Aww, nice chapter.

Yeah, I agree, the progress recently has been a bit glacial. There just comes a tipping point where anticipating and having a little bit happen here or there isn't satisfying anymore. It's not yet reached the point for me; somehow. But it easily could have.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Top Ten moms in Anime and Manga

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, I'd say Arisa just managed to tell mom for you, Mari... in a round about way...

joined Apr 18, 2018

Oh shit. I don't know what the mother is gonna say since she wouldn't have any grandkids. It makes me a bit fascinated to see a yuri that focused on getting kids through reciprocal IVF or adoption, though the latter seems to be massively expensive. But that's where fiction could play a role.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

From what it looks like, Mari's mother might not mind her daughter dating another girl, but it's too soon to tell since she seems very oblivious.

Well, I'd say Arisa just managed to tell mom for you, Mari... in a round about way...

She didn't seem even notice Arisa say that. lol

joined Mar 5, 2016

talk about dodging a bullet there, mari

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hahahah! Her mom

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

I'm just here, enjoying myself, reading yuri, then Cthulu jumps on screen and now my phone is lodged in the ceiling.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Mari's mom's gaydar is no where to be found. It's either completely busted or lost

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Mari's mom's gaydar is no where to be found. It's either completely busted or lost

Mari was born with that haircut, so her mum always knew anyway

last edited at Oct 7, 2018 6:58AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

26 chapters in and still don't get bored or Arisa's happy/embarrassed face.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm so glad it went that way

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

What is Cthulhu doing in my Yuri?

SamekichiKiseki
M1ndybj3_400x400
joined May 17, 2017

Arisa's Speech Level: 100

joined Apr 15, 2013

Ok, so that was glorious.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Oh gooooooodddddd.
Is a fitting line for this whole chapter. No closet can hold an Arisa.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I always laugh out loud (literally) at this series, but this particular chapter made me ridiculously happy.

Arisa may be kind of an idiot, but she’s a super-ninja against Mom-san’s defenses.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I sort of put this manga on hold some months ago but this being the first chapter I read after deciding to look into it again doesn't bring any regrets

To reply you must either login or sign up.