Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

It's a shame we know how this ends, because this right here is lovely. It's not like "bad route", but this had so much potential

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

If this will end with the one shot ending then I'm hoping the author would bring the kouhai from the afterwords.

I think the same thing. Actually, I see more mangas and manhwas who are into not ending with the characters going out, first they know each other, then started going out and then you see their life. I wouldn't mind that at some point they'll broke and you could see how they start to going out who other people while they are still friends. That'll made this manga a lot more interesting!

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS SERIES IT'S SO ADORABLE AND FUNNY

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I wouldn't mind if this goes the same way as in the oneshot. It was a nice story, and a realistic depiction of how most relationships go—they end. Not many manga cover that ground, or what happens next. Do they stay friends? Do they drift apart? Do they fight? Do they drunkenly fuck again, cheating on their current girlfriends, ruining their friendship, and feel terrible about themselves?

If the characters are interesting, then their lives can carry a series, regardless of the course of any central romance.

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

im hype

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

All that shit

lmao

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

whut a pointless chap

joined Apr 1, 2017

Yup I get the feeling this is gonna end just like the one shot

joined May 7, 2017

I like very much that this is not your standard yuri, I'm totally sensing Miwa finding another significant other along the way and their friendship as the focal point of the story, and I'm fine with that because the characters, plotting and everything else is good enough to keep my satisfaction level in check

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It takes the fun out of the series, knowing it's heading for bad end.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

I really like how this one is written. Those two feel so much alive to me. It certainly helps that the facial expressions and body language are also very on point.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I really like this, I prefer it over the one shot. Miwa’s ambivalent feelings are so realistic, especially when she says “when we touch- it feels so right, but im not sure if im gonna fall in love just from that...”

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Idk how people breaking up and still being good friends can be considered bad. It's okay too be happy without being in love or in a romantic relationship.

I think it's just that people are wondering about how making it an actual series would help if we saw the ending already, unless this doesn't exactly mirror the oneshot, it's like the oneshot is a spoiler

also not seeing the characters you want to see end up with each other is a bit disappointing

last edited at Sep 20, 2018 11:09PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Idk how people breaking up and still being good friends can be considered bad. It's okay too be happy without being in love or in a romantic relationship.

I know it's not really a bad end, but the idea that love doesn't blume for these two saddens me. I'm a romantic at heart, I want happily ever after for all characters I like.

last edited at Sep 20, 2018 11:41PM

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

nothing wrong with relationships that end, that's just how things are. lifetime relationships aren't all THAT common, and besides half the characters in "happy end" romance stories probably broke up off-camera eventually after their series ended anyway
people change, feelings change, people move on, etc etc etc

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Even if there wasn't a oneshot (and people in the comments) to spoil what MIGHT happen in future chapters, the title of the manga gives away the uncertain state of their relationship.
So far, I think Saeko just want to jump and have sex ...But In Miwa's shoes I would try to make things work too.

Edit: I didn't read the oneshot but we're 2 chapters in and people keep saying "it's the same" and makes me wonder just how fucking long was that oneshot? lol I mean from what I've read they met, start dating, get awkward, there's a problem, they break up, they met other people and continue as friend and all that in just an oneshot?? o.O?

last edited at Sep 21, 2018 12:14AM

joined Apr 25, 2013

Wasn't the reason they broke up in the oneshot that they didn't communicate?
Chapter 2 has them talking openly and honestly, which is actually pretty rare in the "will they/won't they" world of yuri

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

That font though...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Never ever bring your girlfriend into your band. Fortunately it failed before it even started.

Inaugural is typoed two different ways on page 7.

joined Sep 1, 2017

besides half the characters in "happy end" romance stories probably broke up off-camera eventually after their series ended anyway

NO! NO! NO! THEY MOVE IN TOGETHER, GET HERS AND HERS TOWELS! THEN ADOPT A COUPLE OF CATS, NAMED SIR FLUFFY BOTTOM, AND MADAM BLACK SOX! THEY LIVE HAPPILY UNTIL A RIPE OLD AGE, WHERE THEY DIE PEACEFULLY IN THEIR SLEEP KNOWING THEY SPENT A LONG AND FULFILLING LIFE WITH THEIR ONE AND ONLY TRUE LOVE! THE END! They leave that crappy real life drama and angst stuff, to bittersweet one shots, and country and western music.

last edited at Sep 21, 2018 5:16AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

besides half the characters in "happy end" romance stories probably broke up off-camera eventually after their series ended anyway

NO! NO! NO! THEY MOVE IN TOGETHER, GET HERS AND HERS TOWELS! THEN ADOPT A COUPLE OF CATS, NAMED SIR FLUFFY BOTTOM, AND MADAM BLACK SOX! THEY LIVE HAPPILY UNTIL A RIPE OLD AGE, WHERE THEY DIE PEACEFULLY IN THEIR SLEEP KNOWING THEY SPENT A LONG AND FULFILLING LIFE WITH THEIR ONE AND ONLY TRUE LOVE! THE END! They leave that crappy real life drama and angst stuff, to bittersweet one shots, and country and western music.

You know, my life would've been a lot less miserable if I DIDN'T convince my 14-year old self that this is how the world works and that failure to meet that standard makes you a failure as a person.

Just sayin'.

last edited at Sep 21, 2018 6:04AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Even if there wasn't a oneshot (and people in the comments) to spoil what MIGHT happen in future chapters, the title of the manga gives away the uncertain state of their relationship.
So far, I think Saeko just want to jump and have sex ...But In Miwa's shoes I would try to make things work too.

Edit: I didn't read the oneshot but we're 2 chapters in and people keep saying "it's the same" and makes me wonder just how fucking long was that oneshot? lol I mean from what I've read they met, start dating, get awkward, there's a problem, they break up, they met other people and continue as friend and all that in just an oneshot?? o.O?

The one-shot is about their breakup. The way they met and started dating is described briefly in flashback, and is similar but not exactly the same as this.

joined Mar 6, 2018

This is tearing me apart. The second chapter was really great and they just get along so well. However, now I'm even more scared of them breaking up. This simultaneously amazing and terrible.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

If this will end with the one shot ending then I'm hoping the author would bring the kouhai from the afterwords.

I think the same thing. Actually, I see more mangas and manhwas who are into not ending with the characters going out, first they know each other, then started going out and then you see their life. I wouldn't mind that at some point they'll broke and you could see how they start to going out who other people while they are still friends. That'll made this manga a lot more interesting!

It would be interesting, but them breaking up... It just makes me so anxious uhhhggg

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

After thinking a while about this couple, how they are presented, it's totally logical that they break up after a while. They are not on the same page at all about what they expect from a relationship.

Miwa wants to be in love and committed, Saeko wants to have a fun relationship and doesn't want to think about love or commitment: it may come, or not, but that's not the core of what she wants or needs.

Miwa is insecure and Saeko is taking her into a whirlwind of new experiences, without asking how she feels about it.

They are so different that it's nearly impossible to make it work long term.

Meaning that if they find someone else who matches their expectations, their relationship will fall apart, hurting one or both in the process.

But it's life and if I were in their shoes, I'd go out too, because if you don't try, you never succeed.

last edited at Sep 21, 2018 9:36AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.