Forum › Eden no Otome discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

These two chapters just added some pointless introspection.

joined Mar 30, 2016

I'm confused who the MC will end up with to be honest.. The rapist or the president lol.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Or maybe, they will just graduate and not end up with anyone from this school.

Being in love is just a phase.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Oh, the suspense!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hmm. Interesting.

The assault incident still really bothers me, but I hope the story reintegrates it later. The lack of acknowledgement by the girls could be explained later, but it would be hard for me to accept any "excuses" if Kohane ends up with Aoi -- however "broken" Aoi's character is presented.

I like the art and dystopian feel, but I do hope we get some clarity or concrete developments soon. There's too much vague right now. I feel like I'll have to read this one a book at a time in order to just...keep caring.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Why is it that all the characters in this manga come off as being totally unhinged? It feels like every monologue is a threat.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Why is it that all the characters in this manga come off as being totally unhinged? It feels like every monologue is a threat.

Its not just every monologue, its every expression, every glance, every gesture.

last edited at Jul 5, 2018 7:54PM

joined Apr 1, 2017

Seriously, every character just seems to have something wrong with them bubbling under the surface. Aoi though seems to mostly be fine now, and I do find myself liking her a lot more with each chapter. Librarian is obviously a ticking time bomb with that "I've never heard about you. By the way, do ya wanna fuck your cousin?"

I keep expecting something messed up to happen every chapter.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Okay, so if this all devolves into a cannibalistic frenzy or some kind of sacrifice to a dark God know that I called it first!
Honestly, I'll be more disappointed if it doesn't go there at this point, or would I? The idea of having a regular romantic story with a lot of unhinged looking characters is fascinating.

joined Jun 26, 2013

*after reading chapter 12

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Jul 5, 2018 8:07PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

*rolls eyes*

Yeah, let's just forget all about the assault and be friends. ( --- __ --- )

This lead girl...

All the chapters feel so cheap right now.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

One more chapter and then the translations will be all caught up :’) Not that it gets better for those who dislike seeing Aoi and Kohane becoming friends - understandable, btw.

last edited at Jul 5, 2018 9:38PM

joined Apr 15, 2013

Hachimitsu only works with tankobons, so it will probably be months before the next update. Perhaps we, too, will forget the whole rape thing in the meantime. Somehow I doubt it, though.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I liked the end of this volume. Whoever said this is like strawberry panic was dead on. Im intrigued to learn more about the past president.

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

I'm... not sure if I like this or not...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hachimitsu only works with tankobons, so it will probably be months before the next update. Perhaps we, too, will forget the whole rape thing in the meantime. Somehow I doubt it, though.

Well, see you guys in about a year, LOL :’)

joined Mar 6, 2018

Finally the story starts moving somewhere. I just wish it would be cut down to around 5 characters. These last few chapters which were actually focused on Kohane, Rekka and Aoi had kind of decent writing. There's a concept now that goes beyond "How can I cram the most melodrama into a single chapter".
However, the afterword made it quite clear to me, that the author had little to no idea what he was doing going into it, so I hope this focus keeps up going forward and not get lost again in a mire of overdetailed worldbuilding and shallow sidecharacters.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Feels so dark and wild at all times, even when the characters are literally doing nothing but gardening. I actually really like the VP because she's so standard tsundere that it's comforting, haha.

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Ok, OK. OK! Your constant rape talk helped me and now I understand something. It is actually Kohane breaking Aoi with some kind of strange mind rape here.
P.S. Kohane x Aoi feels sooooooooo good... Oh, so good!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Well, if anybody’s still following this, here are some brief spoilers that I still kind of remember from chapters 16 & 17:

Chapter 16:

We see a flashback of Rekka and former club president, Tsubaki. I don’t remember the chapter very clearly (and it has been taken down on the official site like all online comics do since 17 is the latest chapter), but they got along very well. The important thing here is that at the end, Tsubaki is on a ladder trying to trim something (iirc), but Rekka, worried for Tsubaki’s safety, tells her to get off. Tsubaki insists that it’s fine. After a bit of small talk, Rekka notices that there’s a twig under the ladder, causing it to appear unstable, and once again, warns Tsubaki to get off. However, Tsubaki takes this more seriously and in trying to get off, she ends up losing her balance and falls. We don’t know if she’s alive or not at this point.

Chapter 17:

We come back to where chapter 15 left off with Rekka formally rejecting Kohane’s request to join the club. Kohane goes into slight denial and starts wondering where she went wrong, but Rekka immediately hugs her and insists it doesn’t have to do with anything Kohane has done. Rekka starts thinking to herself about how Kohane has slowly, little by little, changed the people in the club, including Aoi and herself. Rekka admits to herself that she’s just afraid, and blames herself for Tsubaki’s accident. She starts thinking about what she could’ve done differently that day... and continues to reminisce. At the end of the chapter, I believe we see the beginning of another flashback. We leave off with Rekka asking Kohane what her initial impression of her was.

last edited at Sep 15, 2018 12:26AM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

So does that mean there's more chapters? I hope so because I do like it so far. Also, the origin of the "twins" was really sweet, but sad af when you remember they are betrothed to someone else after graduation. Hopefully, that will also be resolved

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I hope the not-twins have a happy end, what happened with volume 3? Still not out?

yuriforeverandalways
Yuri%202%20copy
joined Feb 14, 2017

What's the update on volume 3?

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

What happens meanwhile?
Someone say is has a trap that will be incoherent in the setting

joined Jul 6, 2016

Update??

To reply you must either login or sign up.