Forum › Posts by CaptainJ

CaptainJ
joined Jun 26, 2013

I know this is getting off topic, but...

Yesterday, I was looking at manga updates at MangaRock in a attempt to find a manga series that might interest me. I clicked on Nana to Kaoru, which I had read many years ago (I never finished it) before deciding against reading it again after opening the first chapter; I figured it wouldn't entertain me.

Today, I clicked on the link for this short and, whadda you know, same author.

Getting back on topic, I enjoyed this short for what it was. Sure, I'm probably never going to read it ever again and could have done fine without it, but it was a bitter cup of coffee that I drank as is.

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 1:24AM

CaptainJ
joined Jun 26, 2013

*after reading chapter 12

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Jul 5, 2018 8:07PM

CaptainJ
joined Jun 26, 2013

whew

joined Jun 26, 2013

The artwork is almost the same as the source material....

I don't mind different art styles, but the fact that this artist almost perfectly replicated the original style from the manga is just amazing.

joined Jun 26, 2013

so you all want to make others feel better by changing that "Man" into a woman?

Agreed. Nothing wrong with a little het to help drive the story.

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 6:23PM

CaptainJ
Untitled discussion 19 Feb 10:35
joined Jun 26, 2013

why no threesome?

^Because it would then loose any eroticism from the cheating - and I assume that was the goal.

all this doujin did was remind me about the serious lack of polyshipping in anything but fate and how sad that makes me because fate is either fun or trash depending on which fate series it is.

I'm curious, which fate series do you consider trash? Can't say I haven't watched past the original VN.

CaptainJ
joined Jun 26, 2013

It doesn't make sense because it's just the first chapter. The game is explained later on, so if you would just have an ounce of patience, maybe you'd actually not sound as asshole as you do now.

If you had made that comment, say, 5-7 chapters in with people still questioning the story, then it would have been fine. But by criticizing people in the first chapter, you make yourself look just as impatient as those questioning the work.

Wouldn't it be weirder to tell people to be patient that "the story will explain itself" when its already this far down the line? 5-7 chapters would be ample time for the author to flesh out the characters and give proper exposition by then

I meant his/her last sentence. In retrospect, however, I indeed see nothing wrong with it. I just felt that there was no need to resort to calling people whom are questioning/doubting this work as "assholes" so early on.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 6:31PM

CaptainJ
joined Jun 26, 2013

It doesn't make sense because it's just the first chapter. The game is explained later on, so if you would just have an ounce of patience, maybe you'd actually not sound as asshole as you do now.

If you had made that comment, say, 5-7 chapters in with people still questioning the story, then it would have been fine. But by criticizing people in the first chapter, you make yourself look just as impatient as those questioning the work.

joined Jun 26, 2013

Anyways...

I never expected this manga to end in any other way. It could have gone extreme with the Yuri-ism end and had French kisses, maybe sex, and what not, while making the end more bland of such love would make it more of a Good/Best Friends ending which would irritate us all (maybe not everyone...). So really, kudos to the author for ending the story with a sweet touch that is fitting, all while balancing out the Yuri-to-Friendship meter.

Thanks to Yuri Project for preparing the entire series, been a while since I got some eye candy and thank you, Mr. uploader, for, well, uploading this piece.

Special thanks to Dynasty Scans; making lesbian romances and fantasies possible since the time you existed.

That's all. '^u^'