Forum › Eden no Otome discussion

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This future sounds horrible. So many possible experiences will be taken from their lives. Like, how will they ever no the simplicity of going to the kitchen and making a man a damn sandwich?

Actually a future without men sounds pretty damn good after reading this comment

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

This future sounds horrible. So many possible experiences will be taken from their lives. Like, how will they ever no the simplicity of going to the kitchen and making a man a damn sandwich?

Actually a future without men sounds pretty damn good after reading this comment

HAHA! Thanks! Also reading your comment I noticed I used "no" for "know".

last edited at May 15, 2018 1:19AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

The rape was forgotten and forgiven so easily that I'm feeling sick.

Town
joined Feb 8, 2018

The Oniisama e... vibe is getting stronger and stronger in this.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Not really. The MC was very troubled over it. She also states that everyone went back to normal so I feel like that was the author's intent. Something fishy is going on here.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

A world of all women, has great potential. It's a one stop shop for uplifting yuri friendships, and passionate yuri romance.
With that said. I find it uncomfortable, how casual, a lot of manga take sexual assault. I don't want to be "that guy", but I can't help thinking the japanese have an unhealthy idea that rape is no big deal.

joined Nov 16, 2017

I don't want to be "that guy", but I can't help thinking the japanese have an unhealthy idea that rape is no big deal.

Ask the chinese what they think about that :b

joined Feb 21, 2018

"I know you tried to rape me the other day but I just wanted to let you know youre beautiful."

*eye roll*

last edited at May 15, 2018 6:29AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Judging from the author’s notes, it looks like the rape scene was partly to explain how pregnancy works in this world. Of course, that doesn’t justify anything, but I guess that might be a reason why it was shown at all...?

They already infodumped the whole monogender thing in classroom, not really seeing why the reproductive details couldn't be covered the same way.

Established Aoi's yandere credentials if nothing else I suppose.

The author’s notes indicate that they had come up with a very elaborate backstory as to how the world became the way that it is, but their editor axed it because it’d be too boring, so in its stead, the author tried to explain it through chapters 2 (the class) and chapter 4 (the attempt).

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Yeah that creeped me out.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The author’s notes indicate that they had come up with a very elaborate backstory as to how the world became the way that it is, but their editor axed it because it’d be too boring

I get that too many info dumbs are boring, but it takes a special mind to jump from there to "well, then we can only do rape to show this!" ^^;;;

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Rape is in the eye of the beholder.

People here project a little too much.

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

this series confuses me, seems like everyone has split personalities lol

joined Aug 28, 2016

I was not expecting arranged marriage to show up in this manga. Maybe I should've.

Also, it really does seem like the story is heading toward an Aoi x Kohane ending at this point, but it's got a lot of work ahead of it to get there from here.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

Rape is in the eye of the beholder.

People here project a little too much.

Ok you lost me. Are you seriously defend the blatant sexual assault? Do you have the need to negate everything or something?

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Also, it really does seem like the story is heading toward an Aoi x Kohane ending at this point, but it's got a lot of work ahead of it to get there from here.

Is it bad I want to see this. These two are the only intriguing ones here so far. Kohane could maybe fix this broken girl.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

It seemed more like sexual assault and verbal abuse to me, not rape. I don't think Aoi really tried to impregnate or deflower her. Felt more like a crude power play to intimidate Kohane. Maybe the garden or something different in this school is messing with their brains. :o The author already hints that something might be off.

I know people get triggered easily, but still...As someone who knows victims and almost got thrown into something nasty myself, I'd like it if people would think before they throw the word "rape" around.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Is it bad I want to see this. These two are the only intriguing ones here so far. Kohane could maybe fix this broken girl.

Well, I agree with you about them being more interesting than any of the other girls, but I also personally don't particularly care for either of them as characters so far. As LilyBlack said, there's a lot that needs to be done with the characters to make it convincing. If the second volume can sell me on this, then I'll definitely be in it for the long haul.

joined Feb 21, 2018

I was not expecting arranged marriage to show up in this manga. Maybe I should've.

I really don't get this. Both girls already come from well off families and they can have a family due to the virus or whatever so why cant they marry each other? Hope this gets explored more because right now it aint making a damn lick of sense.

It seemed more like sexual assault and verbal abuse to me, not rape.

That sounds a lot like "rape" to me.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MagiMaki posted:

It seemed more like sexual assault and verbal abuse to me, not rape.

Arguing w/e it was rape or not is actually irrelevant. People say rape, because that is what it usually leads to and everyone know it is a big deal. Trying to argue it wasn't rape, misses the point, because being raped is only one of things that can happen during sexual assault. W/e her intention, she did sexually assaulted her. That fact doesn't change and is still just as big deal, which is still just as uncomfortable and the fact, she seems to not be punished for it or anything is worrying. W/e that is part of setting or not, we will see, but I can understand why some people are unsatisfied that story for the most part just brushed it over.

Yuri Queen posted:

I really don't get this. Both girls already come from well off families and they can have a family due to the virus or whatever so why cant they marry each other? Hope this gets explored more because right now it aint making a damn lick of sense.

Because even in women only world, we would come up with taboos and forbidden relationships, otherwise we can't have drama. People are unable to imagine word different from our current on, no matter what the setting.

last edited at May 15, 2018 12:15PM

joined Oct 10, 2016

Okay... Where is love triangle tag?

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Arranged marriages are more akin to business deals than romantic events. It has everything to do with the prosperity of the family and nothing at all to do with the individual's own desires. In this case, it's probably a matter of either girl's family not getting anything out of the two marrying each other.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Arranged marriages are more akin to business deals than romantic events. It has everything to do with the prosperity of the family and nothing at all to do with the individual's own desires. In this case, it's probably a matter of either girl's family not getting anything out of the two marrying each other.

If their families get nothing out of marrying each other then what do the families of their arranged fiances get out of marrying them? Wouldnt it be better for the fiances to marry each other?

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

If their families get nothing out of marrying each other then what do the families of their arranged fiances get out of marrying them? Wouldnt it be better for the fiances to marry each other?

I was being literal when I said business deals. It probably has to do with the business each family runs.

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Just as it should. I'm actually praying for Kohane x Aoi (or Aoi x Kohane) ending in my mind every day since the first time they met.

To reply you must either login or sign up.