Forum › I Hate Things Like Love discussion

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Yeah, so this was just planning to use angst to keep readers interested after all. No semblance of a real story to be seen

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Ohh, this is not going to be cute at all.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I hate things like angst >.<

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thanks for the credit page!!!
And woooooooooooh SHE SAID IT!!! IN ya face D: dayum!
I guess the real story starts now XP

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

what are you guys saying? This is perfect !!

joined Apr 27, 2017

I would use the credits page as my avatar if I could get a clean version lmao

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ooooooooof yes this girl has some issues, I am all about that. The fact that yuu-chan is probably going to twig that protag is in love with her before protag even figures it out is great

Emi you need to calm down girl jeeesus. Or just figure out that you're gay for yuu already

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

lmao this was so over the top. the superiority complex thing, the mini love triangle between yuu, emi and the one guy, the kicking of the fucking chair just because he complimented her, this is just too much dude

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm surprised by all the negative comments for ch 2. I loved it. I love how Yuu KNOWS what Emi is doing. It adds a bit more complexity to their relationship now because what will Yuu do from here? All the power is in Yuu's hand. She doesn't necessarily tell Emi to stop. I think their relationship is a lot more complicated than we see and they might have talked about this before (what's that one time rule?). From Emi's outburst, I feel like it's not the only time she's told Yuu about her feelings. There's a lot where this story can go.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Wow why do people has negative comments in here? I mean chapter 2 was really the start. It’s interesting that Yuu knows what Emi’s fixation is her, her obsession and possesiveness to her. But Yuu didn’t give a fvck to stop her bestfriend. And that’s One time rule? They obviously talked. That senpai isn’t the first to be in this rule. But it’s kind of weird that Emi doesn’t realize why she likes Yuu so much...

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Wow why do people has negative comments in here? I mean chapter 2 was really the start. It’s interesting that Yuu knows what Emi’s fixation is her all along, her obsession and possesiveness to her. But Yuu didn’t give a fvck to stop her bestfriend or to stay away, instead felt this superiority complex. The girl that the guys ever want to, and other girls getting envious to just has one single person she likes, and it’s Yuu. And that’s One time rule? They obviously talked. That senpai isn’t the first to be in this rule. Probably this rule started when they’re still highschool.

But it’s kind of weird that Emi doesn’t realize why she likes Yuu so much... Emi you’re just gay for Yuu.

last edited at Sep 5, 2018 5:49AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

This hurts my heart... I can relate by a few angst stories, but this one remembered something really painful to me.

"I like how Emi doesn't know how to handle her feelings towards Yuu".
"I like how she steals the guys that are interested in Yuu".

I can relate to that... One time, I fell in love so hard for my friend, I was anxious. We were in a circle of friends and there was this guy, who claimed to be my friend, and hers too. But one day they started kissing, even in front of me. I was really upset, he knew I loved her but he only cared about manipulating things around him. He didn't even liked her, and she too, she didn't liked him, but they often kissed.
So one day, I went crazy and invited him to a date, even tough I'm a lesbian. I forced him to a kiss, and a another, and a another one. I wanted to make him stop from wanting to kiss her, by wanting to kiss me.
So... I think angst yuri stories can be good to read, because they're pretty realistic and relatable. Of course we can always have happy stories, but angst is a necessary thing. That's my opinion.

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 10:59AM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I would use the credits page as my avatar if I could get a clean version lmao

Which one?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Risamari posted:

This hurts my heart... I can relate by a few angst stories, but this one remembered something really painful to me.

I can relate to that... One time, I fell in love so hard for my friend, I was anxious. We were in a circle of friends and there was this guy, who claimed to be my friend, and hers too. But one day they started kissing, even in front of me. I was really upset, he knew I loved her but he only cared about manipulating things around him. He didn't even liked her, and she too, she didn't liked him, but they often kissed.
So one day, I went crazy and invited him to a date, even tough I'm a lesbian. I forced him to a kiss, and a another, and a another one. I wanted to make him stop from wanting to kiss her, by wanting to kiss me, crazy huh? I even offered my body.

Or you can talk things over instead. Crazy, I know.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Risamari posted:

So one day, I went crazy and invited him to a date, even tough I'm a lesbian. I forced him to a kiss, and a another, and a another one. I wanted to make him stop from wanting to kiss her, by wanting to kiss me, crazy huh? I even offered my body.

Or you can talk things over instead. Crazy, I know.

Depending on people's different experiences, It's hard to tell things, many often choose to hide. Especially because of homosexuality. Once society says It's wrong, their parents and friends, they will think that is. It's hard to handle things like that. And Emi, knowing her best friend Yuu who only likes boys, choose to deal things this way.
So, Emi doesn't know how to handle her feelings well because she doesn't understands that is something normal, because she thinks only girl x boy is normal. Yuu even said to her: "That's not what I mean. A boy you like". She was like telling her that girls can only like boys when she said that.

last edited at Sep 5, 2018 6:09AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

I'm surprised by all the negative comments for ch 2. I loved it. I love how Yuu KNOWS what Emi is doing. It adds a bit more complexity to their relationship now because what will Yuu do from here? All the power is in Yuu's hand. She doesn't necessarily tell Emi to stop. I think their relationship is a lot more complicated than we see and they might have talked about this before (what's that one time rule?). From Emi's outburst, I feel like it's not the only time she's told Yuu about her feelings. There's a lot where this story can go.

I agree this chapter was very good!! It does seem like most people have experienced similiar events, but those who haven’t doesn’t seem to like it at least some of them... and ( The one time rule) is the stuffed animal she’s trying to get. She try’s catching it 1 time each day and she broke it.

joined Nov 2, 2015

I was skeptical with chapter 1, but chapter 2 has so many well-placed subversions that stoked my interest. This is not yet again a generic lesbian who does stupid things like chickening out from confession or dating the guys her crush likes. This is a loveable idiot who has no concept of homosexuality and is struggling along as best as she could, seducing boys away from her crush but never actually dated them. Her crush is also a surprise: a sharp idiot - sharp enough to realize that it's her who Emi was obsessed about, but dumb enough to not know it's romantic.

Both women are very likable as a result. Their obliviousness is funny rather than frustrating, yet still being treated seriously instead of being brushed away in a comedy. Neither of them are retarded enough to commit overly dramatic actions like many others have jumped to conclusions above (at least not yet). I'm very happy at the moment.

I hope the translation team will fix chapter 1 page 10. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_hate_things_like_love_ch01#10 . I'm pretty sure what Emi is saying is "Though what I'm saying is a huge lie." Instead of "So what I'm saying is a huge lie." I was so confused by the flow of the story, but it turned out to be a mistranslation of a crucial line. Thank you for bringing everyone another (for now) well written drama after My Unrequited Love!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I was skeptical with chapter 1, but chapter 2 has so many well-placed subversions that stoked my interest. This is not yet again a generic lesbian who does stupid things like chickening out from confession or dating the guys her crush likes. This is a loveable idiot who has no concept of homosexuality and is struggling along as best as she could, seducing boys away from her crush but never actually dated them. Her crush is also a surprise: a sharp idiot - sharp enough to realize that it's her who Emi was obsessed about, but dumb enough to not know it's romantic.

Exactly what I tought. I never discuss seriously about chapters around here, but this series caught my attention, It's different and well made. If the author make it well, the characters development will be fantastic.

Wow why do people has negative comments in here? I mean chapter 2 was really the start. It’s interesting that Yuu knows what Emi’s fixation is her all along, her obsession and possesiveness to her. But Yuu didn’t give a fvck to stop her bestfriend or to stay away, instead felt this superiority complex. The girl that the guys ever want to, and other girls getting envious to just has one single person she likes, and it’s Yuu. And that’s One time rule? They obviously talked. That senpai isn’t the first to be in this rule. Probably this rule started when they’re still highschool.

But it’s kind of weird that Emi doesn’t realize why she likes Yuu so much... Emi you’re just gay for Yuu.

It's because people like complaining about random things & they don't try to understand the characters in story.

last edited at Sep 5, 2018 6:48AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I dunno fam, I think this keeps getting better and better.

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

this is so~ frustrating lol

This. Yes. ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻

But also this. 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。

last edited at Sep 5, 2018 7:06AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

lmao this was so over the top. the superiority complex thing, the mini love triangle between yuu, emi and the one guy, the kicking of the fucking chair just because he complimented her, this is just too much dude

He didn't just compliment her, he was hitting on her, and coming on pretty strong at that. He was crowding in really close. Honestly, it kinda seemed like Yuu was uncomfortable with it. And the part after that, where he refers to Emi without an honoriffic? That implies that they're close. He's already tried to put the moves on Emi, but he's still actively hitting on Yuu.

So first, he's making Yuu visibly uncomfortable. Second, he's hitting on the best friend of the girl he's supposed to be pursuing, and third, he's hitting on Yuu, who Emi is possessive about.

If you ask me, he deserved it for the first two, even though the third one is probably her main reason. The irony is he's almost certainly going to assume it's over the second one.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Emi is a psycho. Get the hell out of here, girl.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I was going to say clingy, but the end of chapter 2 tells me she's got some problems.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm liking it so far. Emi is absolutely savage towards the end of chapter 2, it's great~

To reply you must either login or sign up.