Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

I'm surprised that this is 56 pages long, was expecting short chapters like most yuri. Great art and premise so far. I have high hopes for this manga.

last edited at Jul 27, 2018 5:10PM

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

I almost missed out on this gem! Just saw it in the 'frequently read' page and said:
cute lesbians in uniforms? I'm IN!

^..^<

joined Mar 30, 2016

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I smell something something really good about thí series <3 <3

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I really hate everyone in this story except for main girl and shy girl

joined Jun 30, 2016

Chapter two is here! there is 6 chapter already out but they are in spanish, luckily its my language.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Ummmm...

The protagonist sure is cute. But as a Chinese I just can't read this without some weird lingering feeling. If only this was post-WWII.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Hi military Hanazono Shizuma, I mean, Etoile-sama.

Bun
joined Jul 5, 2018

smol miharu looks like sayori from ddlc

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Ummmm...

The protagonist sure is cute. But as a Chinese I just can't read this without some weird lingering feeling. If only this was post-WWII.

im korean but i wasnt even thinking about that since it hasnt really touched that stuff too much

regardless, yuri makes almost everything pardonable

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ummmm...

im korean but i wasnt even thinking about that since it hasnt really touched that stuff too much

regardless, yuri makes almost everything pardonable

I think many of us have agreed that there's just no way this (so far adorable) series can even come remotely near to touching on the real-life history of the Japanese military without the whole thing collapsing like a house of cards.

I guess it's possible to imagine something more historically unlikely than a Japanese military academy for female officers during this time period. But it's not easy.

So if you're going to do it, you might as well make it really cute.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Or rather a military academy for female officers during this time period, period. (Pun intented.) Even the most progressive-minded ones weren't letting women in beyond maybe as enlisted personnel in the various support and rear-echelon branches. Manning AA guns was maybe the closest to actual "combat service" they were willing to consider.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Or rather a military academy for female officers during this time period, period. (Pun intented.) Even the most progressive-minded ones weren't letting women in beyond maybe as enlisted personnel in the various support and rear-echelon branches. Manning AA guns was maybe the closest to actual "combat service" they were willing to consider.

Absolutely. But if you lined up all the countries with modern militaries at the time in order of the likelihood that they would ever train women to be officers (implying that men would have to obey their orders), Japan . . . would not be near the front.

So as I said, if we're going to imagine it, let's just go ahead and make it so damned cute we may just pass out from the cuteness.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Japanese woman can't join the army before 1967, so right of the bat we can see that this manga is 100% history inaccurate. So you can just for got about all that ww2 stuff that very likely will not feature in this and enjoy the gay.

last edited at Aug 6, 2018 9:05PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So what’s the over/under on the number of chapters until we get a Kagami/Indou kiss?

I can’t decide on 3 or 4 . . .

last edited at Aug 7, 2018 12:35AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Took some time before it arrived on dynasty(・Д・) i read it on mangafox lol.. like 1 week ago?

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Kinda seems like shes been spied on

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Kagami is adorable. I like the direction this is taking, and it seems a little more fleshed out than other world-based narratives. Events happen slowly and naturally. Using the letter as a form of narrative summary was good not only because it was a believable form of catch-up that the MC would us, but also because the letter was used for plot. That's good writing and a great way to advance the narrative and do a time-jump/montage at the same time. All the characters are cute af and I can't wait to see the gay leak from it like a bag of boiled rice.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

My God! Why is this so good? Why is this so good?!

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Is it me or there is something wrong with the subscribe button for this manga? I can't manage to make it work in this link https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_love_letter_for_the_marching_puppy

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, if you start out with a naive but plucky cutie pie who is totally unaware of how adorable she is, then add in a beautiful mentor desperately trying to hide how totally she's fallen for the cutie pie, and make the cutie pie all but oblivious to how everyone, the mentor especially, adores her, and put everybody in sharp but cute uniforms, you've got yourself a pretty solid foundation to build on.

There's a lot more to the storytelling than that, of course. But there is that.

joined Dec 13, 2013

white haired senpai? sign me the fuck up

but ah, the protagonist is kind of meh. no reason at all for people to fall in love with. maybe the other tiny little girl, but the senpai?

ooba-san is probably like “stop being an useless lesbian and take care of her without lusting after her, u dumb shit shes my puppy”

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Took some time before it arrived on dynasty(・Д・) i read it on mangafox lol.. like 1 week ago?

You may have read the version done by SquigglesJP, which is full of small inaccurate translations here and there (I could make a list). The one released on Dynasty is done by White Garden, which is more accurate and true to the original text.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

This senpai will end up scaring the poor girl!

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Well, if you start out with a naive but plucky cutie pie who is totally unaware of how adorable she is, then add in a beautiful mentor desperately trying to hide how totally she's fallen for the cutie pie, and make the cutie pie all but oblivious to how everyone, the mentor especially, adores her, and put everybody in sharp but cute uniforms, you've got yourself a pretty solid foundation to build on.

There's a lot more to the storytelling than that, of course. But there is that.

I love when you talk logic to me...

joined Oct 10, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_love_letter_for_the_marching_puppy_ch02#22

Ow, my head hurts from all the facepalms I gave through this chapter. This girl is so stupid, sick, just like in "Bad Boy's Girl" by Blair Holden. I TOLD YOU I HATE BULLY X VICTIM RELATIONSHIPS!

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_love_letter_for_the_marching_puppy_ch02#24

OKAY NEVERMIND SHE GOT GROUNDED, YAAY

last edited at Aug 7, 2018 3:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.