Forum › Citrus discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Here's how I think the next chapter will go:

32 pages of Mei being a dick to Yuzu, 1 page of Yuzu screaming at Mei about love or being true to themselves, one page of Mei crying into Yuzu's arms or whatever, one page of everything fixed in the most convoluted and rushed way in the world, and the final page is a kiss or whatever.

There, this is how it will go, I saved you the wait until august

AllGayEveryDay
joined Jul 18, 2018

Does anyone know who the fiancé is, or have speculations on who he's supposed to be? It seems like he knows Yuzu--and the whole crew--but not sure to what extent.

Have you actually read the manga? She meets him in chapter 35 in a marriage meeting and in this chapter she calls him about expediting the wedding... You know, Yuzu's old boss from the cafe. Udegawa. One who also owned the summer house where the crew spend time in chapters 30-33.

Not as thoroughly as you did! Thanks for the info

joined Jun 18, 2018

Wow... Mei is really passive in this relationship, isn't she?

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ahh, finally out!!! I for once, am happy that it is finally ending, I want to see how things will unfold!! The squad supporting Yuzu was cute, Mei being Mei..was normal, I don't know why people keep getting upset :P

I am pleased to see this ending on a good note! (hopefully)

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

This is soo saad... i don’t want it too end

Alexa, play despacito?

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I'm sure Yuzu will just tackle Mei into the ground and cry on her again and everything will be fine

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Here's how I think the next chapter will go:

32 pages of Mei being a dick to Yuzu, 1 page of Yuzu screaming at Mei about love or being true to themselves, one page of Mei crying into Yuzu's arms or whatever, one page of everything fixed in the most convoluted and rushed way in the world, and the final page is a kiss or whatever.

There, this is how it will go, I saved you the wait until august

Aww, only 32?

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

At this point i can't see why bother to keep on mei's shennanigans, like, there's millions of fish in the water, and by what we have seen so far, mei is just a common trout

joined May 10, 2015

I kinda expect the last chapter to be from Mei's perspective, with flash back through some of the events, couple pages of her struggling with going through with the wedding and giving up Yuzu. And then the resolution, ending with them back together and things back to normal.

joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm delighted that Citrus will have a happy ending however, I'm also disappointed with this volume. I know Saburo Uta is capable of writing a better ending than this. it's feels rushed and you can tell that Saburo Uta didn't put much thought on these recent chapters because it's the most cheesiest and cliche volume of Citrus.

The most shocking revelation about this chapter is the fact that Mei was still studying at their school LOL so, this whole time Yuzu could have hunt down Mei around the campus instead of feeling sorry for herself. I'm not gonna lie that I was rooting for Yuzu while she tries to reach out to Mei but I feel kinda stupid for reading this chapter This ending is like below everyone's expectation.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 11:49PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm delighted that Citrus will have a happy ending however, I'm also disappointed with this volume. I know Saburo Uta is capable of writing a better ending than this. it's feels rushed and you can tell that Saburo Uta didn't put much thought on these recent chapters because it's the most cheesiest and cliche volume of Citrus.

I’m sorry to say that I agree with this. I suppose I could take some consolation in having said all along that there are tons of people in the story to help Yuzu when the time came, but I certainly didn’t expect the next-to-last chapter of the whole series to be devoted to the comedy-caper mechanics of getting Yuzu from point A to point B. Meanwhile, every unresolved plot, character, and thematic thread still remains to be addressed.

It would be one thing if this were four or five chapters from the end, but this really feels like an author phoning it in.

(I mean, c’mon, we spend the better part of three chapters at that freakin’ fireworks festival, and there’s one—if that—to wrap up the entire series?)

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Does anyone know who the fiancé is, or have speculations on who he's supposed to be? It seems like he knows Yuzu--and the whole crew--but not sure to what extent.

Have you actually read the manga? She meets him in chapter 35 in a marriage meeting and in this chapter she calls him about expediting the wedding... You know, Yuzu's old boss from the cafe. Udegawa. One who also owned the summer house where the crew spend time in chapters 30-33.

Not as thoroughly as you did! Thanks for the info

"Have you actually read the manga?" was my first thought to that question too. Lmao.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Y' all gonna have to wait for the bonus material and extra chapters from the full volume (if there's any) bcoz honestly, yuzu and Mei.. yaaay I guess? but what about the others? I need more ships... I WANT MORE YURI

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 12:43AM

NozoEli_trash
Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

It's nearly ending but it is still hard for me to understand Mei.haha or maybe that's how some really wealthy people are and it's way beyond the imagination of normal person like me. Like the weight of inheriting business, arrange marriage and whatnot.

Now I remembered reading the article about the Chinese woman who ran from her wealthy family and the dad offered money to men who'll marry her daughter but the woman still chose to be with her lesbian lover.ahaha

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 2:51AM

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Sorry if someone has already asked this question and had it answered.

I was under the impression that Citrus was going to go for 50 odd chapters. Does anyone know why the sudden (or at least I'm assuming sudden) change?

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Mei is not a horrible person and she shows all the signs of learned helplessness. Honestly, I think it is amazing how Mei is able to hold together at all considering everything people have done to her.

Starting out, everything is decided for Mei. Her school, her future and even what happens to her body. Her father abandonds her leaving all the demnds of his life on her shoulders. Her "best friend" and fience are shown sexually assaulting her and when Mei may have found a new family, her step-sister is lusting after her.

I think the two most telling parts into Mei's position is when she talks to Yuzu's mom about love, but isn't sure if that's really the advice she need. The second is when the group goes on vaction and while Mei is getting used to the idea of kissing everyday, Yuzu then assaults Mei in the bedroom. Yuzu made sexual advances, Mei said no, Yuzu refused to stop and then we see Mei alone and destraught hugging herself. Going back, Yuzu wouldn't even try to understand Mei on Christmas and then recently when Mei did try to talk to Yuzu, Yuzu stopped her because Yuzu didn't want to hear it... even though Mei was hurting.

Mei is surrounded by people ignoring her true wants and trying to tell her how to be and what to do. Meanwhile Mei is uncertain of what she truly wants; A life with Yuzu or to live up to the expecations of her family. None of whom have made it easy for her to speak up and both of whom she truly cares for. The "easier" choice was just to do what her family wants though it really isn't easy at all. Mei feels helpless and not once in her life has she been taught, learned how to nor allowed how to speak for herself.

Now we get nothing from Mei's perspective to where clearly, and so far, the majority of this story is about Yuzu. I'm not sure how a chapter that is only 30 pages or so long will show us a clear development from Mei, but I want her to yell out. I want to see her boldly face the world and people around her and make her own choice. But her life has taught her that she doesn't have one. And in the end, she gets so much hate from readers. She's shamed, victim shamed, called a horrible person, bitch, and so on. But the one time she showed a cute side, the comments turn to loving her and "God Damnit Mei!". Great, Yuzu is getting tons of support and love while Mei is completely alone once again. Had Yuzu not shut her down when she wanted to talk would things be different?

Honestly, I don't want Mei with Yuzu. I want Mei with someone who would actually take the time to understand her and love her. The best pairing out of characters in this managa would be Harumin and Mei, but I know that will never happen.

this exactly. first going into this series my biggest impression was: back the fuck off guys. not ONE person in her life showed that they just wanted her company. everyone is always AFTER something from her. yuzu wants her body. her friend wants her body. her grandfather wants her body and life to be used for his own gains. her father just completely abandons her. she doesn't need family. she doesn't need love. she just needs a friend. a friend with absolutely zero expectations from her.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Filler chapter alarm....

joined Feb 1, 2017

Mei is not a horrible person and she shows all the signs of learned helplessness. Honestly, I think it is amazing how Mei is able to hold together at all considering everything people have done to her.

Starting out, everything is decided for Mei. Her school, her future and even what happens to her body. Her father abandonds her leaving all the demnds of his life on her shoulders. Her "best friend" and fience are shown sexually assaulting her and when Mei may have found a new family, her step-sister is lusting after her.

I think the two most telling parts into Mei's position is when she talks to Yuzu's mom about love, but isn't sure if that's really the advice she need. The second is when the group goes on vaction and while Mei is getting used to the idea of kissing everyday, Yuzu then assaults Mei in the bedroom. Yuzu made sexual advances, Mei said no, Yuzu refused to stop and then we see Mei alone and destraught hugging herself. Going back, Yuzu wouldn't even try to understand Mei on Christmas and then recently when Mei did try to talk to Yuzu, Yuzu stopped her because Yuzu didn't want to hear it... even though Mei was hurting.

Mei is surrounded by people ignoring her true wants and trying to tell her how to be and what to do. Meanwhile Mei is uncertain of what she truly wants; A life with Yuzu or to live up to the expecations of her family. None of whom have made it easy for her to speak up and both of whom she truly cares for. The "easier" choice was just to do what her family wants though it really isn't easy at all. Mei feels helpless and not once in her life has she been taught, learned how to nor allowed how to speak for herself.

Now we get nothing from Mei's perspective to where clearly, and so far, the majority of this story is about Yuzu. I'm not sure how a chapter that is only 30 pages or so long will show us a clear development from Mei, but I want her to yell out. I want to see her boldly face the world and people around her and make her own choice. But her life has taught her that she doesn't have one. And in the end, she gets so much hate from readers. She's shamed, victim shamed, called a horrible person, bitch, and so on. But the one time she showed a cute side, the comments turn to loving her and "God Damnit Mei!". Great, Yuzu is getting tons of support and love while Mei is completely alone once again. Had Yuzu not shut her down when she wanted to talk would things be different?

Honestly, I don't want Mei with Yuzu. I want Mei with someone who would actually take the time to understand her and love her. The best pairing out of characters in this managa would be Harumin and Mei, but I know that will never happen.

this exactly. first going into this series my biggest impression was: back the fuck off guys. not ONE person in her life showed that they just wanted her company. everyone is always AFTER something from her. yuzu wants her body. her friend wants her body. her grandfather wants her body and life to be used for his own gains. her father just completely abandons her. she doesn't need family. she doesn't need love. she just needs a friend. a friend with absolutely zero expectations from her.

Wait. Who's her best friend? I read Citrus ages ago and now I've forgotten.

joined Feb 1, 2017

joined Jun 6, 2018

Wait. f the next chapter is the last, then we won't get the sex scene. -_-. K, I guess. But I have been waiting to see some hot action of them for over a year

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Momokino Himeko aka Drill-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

She should play it lke "The Laureate". Snatching the bride at the altar.

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 4:42AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wait. f the next chapter is the last, then we won't get the sex scene. -_-. K, I guess. But I have been waiting to see some hot action of them for over a year

Great, thanks, my eyes rolled into the back of my head and now I'm permanently blinded.

Yuri-Yuri さん
Hotaru
joined Jul 19, 2018

What now?
NTR!?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

On a different note, it’s nice to see Matsuri’s talent for telling creepy lies used for good.

To reply you must either login or sign up.