Forum › Citrus discussion

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Hey she is smart, but she is indeed not a very good person :P

I'm sad about the series ending in chapter 41. I think at this point it can only end in 2 ways, either an unhappy ending or a rushed happy ending. That means the "Dear Yuzu" plot twist was a terrible mistake. A lot of the readers I imagine actually considered Mei to be their main reason for reading Citrus (that was my case for sure) and not Yuzu, so to completely discard Mei as a character for 4 chapters and then end the series shortly after is like a slap. I don't see how she can have any believable character development in 2 chapters only, but maybe I'm wrong.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hey she is smart, but she is indeed not a very good person :P

I'm sad about the series ending in chapter 41. I think at this point it can only end in 2 ways, either an unhappy ending or a rushed happy ending. That means the "Dear Yuzu" plot twist was a terrible mistake. A lot of the readers I imagine actually considered Mei to be their main reason for reading Citrus (that was my case for sure) and not Yuzu, so to completely discard Mei as a character for 4 chapters and then end the series shortly after is like a slap. I don't see how she can have any believable character development in 2 chapters only, but maybe I'm wrong.

I’m pretty much with you all the way on this. I’ve been more pro-Mei than many people here (“quiet, smart, hot and troubled” being something of a long-time soft spot for me), but I’d think that in terms of story structure alone this needs more than just a couple of chapters to end convincingly.

joined Jul 13, 2018

Does anyone know how many pages will be in the next chapter?

Cm3c5_dwaai-fty
joined Jun 30, 2016

Does anyone know how many pages will be in the next chapter?

The next chapter is going to be about 36 pages long

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 12:46AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well at least there won't be more (un)expected drama hehe we're in the finishing lineeeeee
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-17/saburouta-citrus-manga-ends-on-august-18/.134284

joined Jul 17, 2018

Today is the day for chapter 40..I saw comments about Chpt 40 showing nth much progressive and last chpt will def be a rush ending even tho it will be a good one as always stated by the author at the end of every volume.

So apart from the yuzu x Mei relationship, I’m totally on harumi side since yuzu befriend her from day one. She’s the bff and gf one cld def want. As much as I love to see yuzu and Mei to be tgt, harumi is always the one supporting Mei from behind unconditionally except on one occasion when she was so afraid of her Sister tt she cldnt help yuzu at all. (Tt was the time yuzu support her for the first time)

I always felt tt Harumi had feelings more than friends for yuzu since the time where Harumi lend her bicycle to yuzu to allow yuzu and Mei to send their dad off in time in volume 2 Chpt 8. Second time in volume 3 special when matsuri troll Harumi with a direct confrontation. And the third time when author saburo tease the haruyuzu fans with their intimacy in volume 5 special 2. And the last one was on Chpt 37 when matsuri asked her regarding yuzu’s behaviour and she acted like she don’t care when she care about it so much.

Matsuri was also being very sarcastic and believing tt Harumi is just trying to protect herself from being hurt and running away from it. And the reason why matsuri cld see it at a clearer point of view is because she is interested in harumi senpai.

The latest chpt 39 even shows more obvious feelings tt harumi had for yuzu. She was so clear tt yuzu had something to tell her tt she is always on the phone waiting for something to happen. The moment she got a message from yuzu, she rushed down for her without even thinking. Her expression along the story always hinting that she knew tt yuzu and Mei had a thing but was just waiting for yuzu to tell her abt it. And then she make a joke out it tt she “love her too” when she knew tt she’s being friendzoned.

I really love to see the author give us more of what harumi is thinking if there is any special Chapters after the finale. Don’t mind if she ended with matsuri since she had grown more interest with matsuri along the way. Pls be kind to Harumi...

Honestly, two chapters is def a rush to end. There is not much explaination from Mei’s side other than a letter of “running away again”. Don’t tell me the author is gonna end with the two main characters looking at each other, running to each other and there u are, end of story. I’m gonna bitch slap the author for making us ship so hard!

last edited at Jul 17, 2018 3:37PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Matsuri and Harumin are the unsung heroes in this series and Matsuri in ch 40 reveals herself to be what I already suspected her to be: a phenomenal friend. If I was Harumin, I would fall in love with Matsuri just from seeing her put such an effort on helping Yuzu (maybe they do have a spin-off after all). Yuzu doesn't deserve neither Harumin nor Matsuri to be honest, she is too busy being shafted by Mei to see anything else.

last edited at Jul 17, 2018 10:17PM

joined Jun 18, 2018

Matsuri and Harumin are the unsung heroes in this series and Matsuri in ch 40 reveals herself to be what I already suspected her to be: a phenomenal friend. If I was Harumin, I would fall in love with Matsuri just from seeing her put such an effort on helping Yuzu (maybe they do have a spin-off after all). Yuzu doesn't deserve neither Harumin nor Matsuri to be honest, she is too busy being shafted by Mei to see anything else.

I don't see chapter 40 out in dynasty scan website yet. :(

joined Jul 17, 2018

Saw chpt 40 in other site. I shall not spoil but it’s def a cliffhanger that one could flip table...

20190101_004014
joined Apr 14, 2017

Saw chpt 40 in other site. I shall not spoil but it’s def a cliffhanger that one could flip table...

I certainly feel that table-flip inside of me after seeing it

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

At this point I just hope somebody punches Mei, her father and her grandfather into the face. I mean what the fuck? Does she want to get banged by a dude so desperately? Is her dad ok with abandoning her and the agreeing to a teen marriage? And her grandfather just uses her to create some "legacy". Fuck them all.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

new chapter is up!
hate for Mei and Saburouta in 1....2....

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

At this point I just hope somebody punches Mei, her father and her grandfather into the face. I mean what the fuck? Does she want to get banged by a dude so desperately? Is her dad ok with abandoning her and the agreeing to a teen marriage? And her grandfather just uses her to create some "legacy". Fuck them all.

clearly Mei is the victim in all of these since her father left her with the burden and her grandfather depends on her to carry the Aihara legacy. the marriage is white there's not gonna be sex or shit for sure since they are doing it for the family and stuff.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

new chapter is up!
hate for Mei and Saburouta in 1....2....

Rightfully so.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

It ends next chapter??? Definitely gonna be a rushed ending. I had a feeling it will be ending soon, but from how this pacing was going, I thought there'd be at least 2 more chaps.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

clearly Mei is the victim in all of these since her father left her with the burden and her grandfather depends on her to carry the Aihara legacy. the marriage is white there's not gonna be sex or shit for sure since they are doing it for the family and stuff.

But she is also a horrible human being for making Yuzu suffer so hard and a massive coward for breaking up with her with a letter.
And no, for her to fulfill her obligation she obviously has to get pregnant.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

If she's so desperate to be a victim, let her. She has absolutely zero agency in all of this, she's throwing herself on the railroad tracks and is perfectly content with being run over if white knight Yuzu doesn't gallop in to save the day and do all the work for her.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Considering how long it took to get to this point, I'm very surprised to learn that Citrus is done next chapter. I've always hated when authors try to finish everything in the last chapter because the ending always rushed and inconclusive (although sometimes they have no choice).

I don't think I'll be happy about any ending where Mei and Yuzu end up together because I think Yuzu deserves better.

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

its ending next chapter? thank god

joined Jun 30, 2016

What a lovely one side chase! Mei is really desperate to fulfill her "role" in her family and leave some "legacy" for her fucking granddad and with a man she dosent even love! wow! but for real though Yuzu really deserve better and I hope they show something amazing from Mei in the last chapter although at this point, i think thats to much to ask.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 7:34PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Yuzu deserves all the happiness..

AllGayEveryDay
joined Jul 18, 2018

Does anyone know who the fiancé is, or have speculations on who he's supposed to be? It seems like he knows Yuzu--and the whole crew--but not sure to what extent.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Mei is not a horrible person and she shows all the signs of learned helplessness. Honestly, I think it is amazing how Mei is able to hold together at all considering everything people have done to her.

Starting out, everything is decided for Mei. Her school, her future and even what happens to her body. Her father abandonds her leaving all the demnds of his life on her shoulders. Her "best friend" and fience are shown sexually assaulting her and when Mei may have found a new family, her step-sister is lusting after her.

I think the two most telling parts into Mei's position is when she talks to Yuzu's mom about love, but isn't sure if that's really the advice she need. The second is when the group goes on vaction and while Mei is getting used to the idea of kissing everyday, Yuzu then assaults Mei in the bedroom. Yuzu made sexual advances, Mei said no, Yuzu refused to stop and then we see Mei alone and destraught hugging herself. Going back, Yuzu wouldn't even try to understand Mei on Christmas and then recently when Mei did try to talk to Yuzu, Yuzu stopped her because Yuzu didn't want to hear it... even though Mei was hurting.

Mei is surrounded by people ignoring her true wants and trying to tell her how to be and what to do. Meanwhile Mei is uncertain of what she truly wants; A life with Yuzu or to live up to the expecations of her family. None of whom have made it easy for her to speak up and both of whom she truly cares for. The "easier" choice was just to do what her family wants though it really isn't easy at all. Mei feels helpless and not once in her life has she been taught, learned how to nor allowed how to speak for herself.

Now we get nothing from Mei's perspective to where clearly, and so far, the majority of this story is about Yuzu. I'm not sure how a chapter that is only 30 pages or so long will show us a clear development from Mei, but I want her to yell out. I want to see her boldly face the world and people around her and make her own choice. But her life has taught her that she doesn't have one. And in the end, she gets so much hate from readers. She's shamed, victim shamed, called a horrible person, bitch, and so on. But the one time she showed a cute side, the comments turn to loving her and "God Damnit Mei!". Great, Yuzu is getting tons of support and love while Mei is completely alone once again. Had Yuzu not shut her down when she wanted to talk would things be different?

Honestly, I don't want Mei with Yuzu. I want Mei with someone who would actually take the time to understand her and love her. The best pairing out of characters in this managa would be Harumin and Mei, but I know that will never happen.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 9:22PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Does anyone know who the fiancé is, or have speculations on who he's supposed to be? It seems like he knows Yuzu--and the whole crew--but not sure to what extent.

Have you actually read the manga? She meets him in chapter 35 in a marriage meeting and in this chapter she calls him about expediting the wedding... You know, Yuzu's old boss from the cafe. Udegawa. One who also owned the summer house where the crew spend time in chapters 30-33.

joined Feb 23, 2016

This is soo saad... i don’t want it too end

To reply you must either login or sign up.