Forum › Posts by miknge

miknge
Citrus discussion 24 Aug 23:18
joined Jun 18, 2018

Will they finally bang in the spin-off?

Oooh how I wish. My wishlist for the spinoff is for sabu to develop Mei more. While I'm scared of the melodrama in Citrus (because who isn't sick and tired of the melodrama in this manga?), I find drama free stories to be boring. So I'm hoping that Sabu will find a good balance for the drama and a satisfying solution for said drama if the spinoff has any drama, that is.

As for Harumin and Matsuri, I know I'm the only one here, but I'm not feeling this ship. Probably Matsuri is still so young shrugs. I mean, Yuzu and Harumi are the same age and Yuzu babysat Matsuri while Matsuri was still a very young kid...

miknge
Citrus discussion 23 Aug 05:52
joined Jun 18, 2018

Maybe sabu was really onto something because if there's one thing I learnt in real life, people hardly change, and by people, I mean their attitude.

miknge
Citrus discussion 20 Aug 11:36
joined Jun 18, 2018

I don't know how you stomach this trash. This is the only yuri manga I've ever had to drop for being too melodramatic, cliched and dumb. I came back to skim the last chapter for more melodrama followed by the most rushed love reconciliation/proposal/marriage I've ever seen. I mean, that had to be some kind of record. I'm sticking to yuri manwha. The Korean authors handle them so much better.

What's a yuri manhwa? Tried googling it but all it gave me is a list of recommended yuri anime or manga, which brings me back to Japanese stuff too. Nothing about Korean yuri? I'm curious to see how Korean comics are like, since I don't like their k-drama at all for being too melodramatic and cliche all the time lol.

miknge
Citrus discussion 19 Aug 02:53
joined Jun 18, 2018

Even though it's a happy ending, but it's not the destination that counts, it's the journey. But then again if their journey is still more unnecessary drama and angst just for the sake of drama and angst, then I'm kinda(?) glad for the time skip and rushed ending lol. The author is just not good in writing a good drama where the pov is not heavily focused on just one character.

Anyway, I can't wait for the spinoff!

miknge
Citrus discussion 26 Jul 21:32
joined Jun 18, 2018

The possibility is that this was never the story of Yuzu+Mei as a couple, and not Yuzu's story per se either, but rather the story of how Yuzu sees Mei. As she understands Mei better, Mei gets more "screen time". We the readers don't get any hints about the incoming betrayal because Yuzu never did. As the betrayal happens, Mei is no longer part of the story because Yuzu doesn't know who Mei is anymore, and again we are supposed to feel as she feels. Does that make sense?

How does the student-council election fit into that theory? How does the date-with-written-manual fit into that? How does the introduction of Shirapon and the festival sequence support that?

I was gonna comment about this but you did it first, I think people here are being way too optimistic about how the story developed, I mean if that is true and Mei knew all along that she had to go with the arranged marriage thing and was planning to do it then she is even worse that I was thinking of her before. Like "I know I'll have to marry a random guy to inherit the school so better have my fun now with my sister while I can" and after the student-council election -> date-with-written-manual -> festival sequence happened she was like "well that was fun, now Yuzu get the fuck out of here time to go back to business", like those douchebag characters in shoujo manga that just go out with the girl till he is bored and then dump her.

Except Mei had miscalculated and fallen for Yuzu hard...

Have you watched Fingersmith before? This manga is like going towards Fingersmith's direction... with the way you interpreted Mei's character. Only difference is, viewers are able to sympathize with Maud (a conniving character in Fingersmith but ended up falling in love with the girl she conned) because the author gave us her POV.

If Sabu is planning to make us sympathize with Mei, she had failed because there isn't much POV given to her. In the end, all the readers are left with is only our own interpretation of Mei. Or maybe that's what Sabu wanted all along - for us to have a split decision on Mei and a debate about her lol.

miknge
Citrus discussion 26 Jul 01:34
joined Jun 18, 2018

I think all of us thought that this story is about a YuzuMei love story and we are disappointed because of this expectation. I am guilty of this.

Come to think of it, the title of the manga is Citrus, which is basically Yuzu's name so this manga is about Yuzu's story and development. Even I myself was expecting to see Mei's POV after she left Yuzu with a letter and was sorely disappointed when that didn't happen. This manga was never about Mei and was never about their love story. It has always been and will be about Yuzu because like one poster said here, we only come to understand Mei under Yuzu's POV and imo, Mei's development and screen time is dependent on how Yuzu sees her.

I'm now thinking that the ending might be bittersweet considering the title of this manga cos citrus tastes bitter, sweet and sour.

miknge
Citrus discussion 21 Jul 13:08
joined Jun 18, 2018

One day they’re role-playing a wedding fantasy and the next Mei tells Yuzu (in a letter) that they will never speak again.

Which chapter is the wedding fantasy? I always see people talking about it but never read that in the chapter. There was even a fanvid which had them wearing wedding dresses taken from manga but I never read it in any chapters. Thanks!

End of Chapter 35. It’s some sort of wedding shop free dress fitting and photo event.

Mei breaks down at the end of the scene because—oh, crap, it’s too tedious to even write it out. Short version: Mei has a sad because oblivious Yuzu is happy.

Omg thanks for this! I don't know how I'd missed that part! Now I'm sad and heartbroken all over again seeing Mei breaking down at the end of the chapter.

miknge
Citrus discussion 20 Jul 21:34
joined Jun 18, 2018

One day they’re role-playing a wedding fantasy and the next Mei tells Yuzu (in a letter) that they will never speak again.

Which chapter is the wedding fantasy? I always see people talking about it but never read that in the chapter. There was even a fanvid which had them wearing wedding dresses taken from manga but I never read it in any chapters. Thanks!

miknge
Citrus discussion 20 Jul 12:48
joined Jun 18, 2018

Mei was at school the entire time and Yuzu didn't even think of trying to talk to her is really a wtf. I know she's following what Mei wants in the letter-for Yuzu not to find her... but since when does Yuzu follow the rules? Lol.

For all the things that was said about Mei could've should've done this or that, and I'm not denying that she's in the wrong in some situations, but Yuzu not going after Mei even though Mei still goes to the same school as her is also very frustrating and weird and another drama for the sake of drama.

There are lots of missed opportunities in this manga but at this point there's nothing much to expect now since the next chapter is the finale, except for Yuzu and Mei to end up together happily. Looks like my wish to see Mei being the one to chase after Yuzu for once will never come true. Oh well...

miknge
Citrus discussion 18 Jul 22:01
joined Jun 18, 2018

Wow... Mei is really passive in this relationship, isn't she?

miknge
Citrus discussion 18 Jul 02:06
joined Jun 18, 2018

Matsuri and Harumin are the unsung heroes in this series and Matsuri in ch 40 reveals herself to be what I already suspected her to be: a phenomenal friend. If I was Harumin, I would fall in love with Matsuri just from seeing her put such an effort on helping Yuzu (maybe they do have a spin-off after all). Yuzu doesn't deserve neither Harumin nor Matsuri to be honest, she is too busy being shafted by Mei to see anything else.

I don't see chapter 40 out in dynasty scan website yet. :(

miknge
Citrus discussion 13 Jul 02:01
joined Jun 18, 2018

Also, raws are out. Got spoiled by them. Can't wait for the week or so left to read the whole chapter. I'm dying.

Yesssss OMG I'm so excited to see that!!!!!

miknge
Citrus discussion 19 Jun 21:51
joined Jun 18, 2018

Yuzu is way too selfish on this one. She came out of the closet and forced Mei to do so. This isn't something you do for someone. This is a personal choice and even though it went very well, she shouldn't have done that.

Plus, she is forcing this relationship. Mei chose another path, and Yuzu doesn't respect that. Love doesn't justify all means. Let's imagine Mei is coming back to Yuzu, I don't think she will be thrilled AT ALL that Yuzu say all of those things.

The fact that everyone is supportive is great but I really don't like how it happened. This is either poorly written or it will backfire at Yuzu (and even though Mei had been hard on her, she would deserve it this time).

Agree with this.

We don't actually know what Yuzu said, though. She could easily have admitted her feelings and attraction to Mei without stating that Mei likes her back. I doubt it, but it's possible. Of course, there is the fact also that she's a kid and doesn't know a damn thing about gay culture, so it's likely she doesn't even know that she "came out", or that outing Mei is bad. But Mei isn't any less selfish. She made all of these decisions without even talking to Yuzu about them, and left her feeling desperate, broken, lonely, and helpless as a result.

But you expect that when kids are stepping into their first romance. They're young and stupid. They aren't supposed to be role models.

Sounds like a toxic relationship. :(

Anyway, I love Citrus, I still do, even though it left me frustrated at times. I've watched the anime before reading the manga. I just wish that Mei would be the one who takes the initiative to go after Yuzu this time, instead of Yuzu always going after her.

I just wonder, with so many of you here not being satisfied with the storyline now, is there anyway that we can reach out to Saburouta and tell her our opinions? Like via Twitter or something? If this is a TV show, she would get burnt on Twitter! LOL.