Forum › Liberty discussion

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Honjo just needs to call out to Liz and ask her if she's always been a coward or if it's a more recent trend running from her problems.

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

geeze this girl has issues... & ones that could be heavily softened by acTUALY TALKING TO UR PROSPECTIVE PARTNER...
but like honestly, this started out intriguing what with applying the “manic pixie dream girlfriend” trope to a lesbian pairing, but i’m getting real tired of drama perpetuated, almost entirely, by a lack of communication for vague, unfounded reasons.

joined Jul 26, 2016

geeze this girl has issues... & ones that could be heavily softened by acTUALY TALKING TO UR PROSPECTIVE PARTNER...
but like honestly, this started out intriguing what with applying the “manic pixie dream girlfriend” trope to a lesbian pairing, but i’m getting real tired of drama perpetuated, almost entirely, by a lack of communication for vague, unfounded reasons.

Liz should talk about it. It's pretty obvious she can't, which isn't too unusual for people with serious emotional baggage.

95f1a9bd40ff126607c8a9ebc4af9876
joined May 11, 2018

That slap really hurted me.. :"(

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Whaaaaattt? Are you telling me there are other ways to keep a story going other than creating unnecessary drama through lack of communication?
Say whaaaat

last edited at May 23, 2018 5:12PM

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

OMG!! SOOO SHORT!!! D: or i read to fast...

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

was having the hardest time getting into this story or caring about these characters. And after that. Eh. I still can't say I care for this story but if you are enjoying this then good for you!

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

was having the hardest time getting into this story or caring about these characters. And after that. Eh. I still can't say I care for this story but if you are enjoying this then good for you!

I think that's the problem. If we had more reason to care about the characters, then their behavior wouldn't seem so bizarre, or even if it did, it'd be easier to forgive. But there just hasn't been much development for either of them.

The way the characters acted in say, Kimi Koi Limit was as weird as this or perhaps weirder, but I actually felt like I knew the characters and liked them, so it was fine. When characters feel like flawed human beings who are driven by their emotions it's interesting when they make mistakes. When characters feel like damaged automatons stuck in a routine due to some error, it's not interesting.

Of course, I'm still going to read this. It's not terrible, there is still promise that it will improve.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Okay, she's abusive person!

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I'd say that we haven't seen Liz's full backstory chronicling her transformation into an edgelord, but with how short these chapters have been (and the 3 month gap), I think that is it.

My guess on where this is all going is that Honjo will be a healing character. Most people would have gone to a therapist, Liz just needs a Honjo. So, since she got slapped and then saw Liz crying, she'll be even more interested in why this broken shell of a lesbian is the way she is.
I honestly can't see this story dragging out too much longer, though. I mean, there are plenty of ways to drag it out, but given the time and page constraint, I don't see it happening.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I thought Liz was the manic pixie dream girl, but it turns out Honjo was all along.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Whaaaaattt? Are you telling me there are other ways to keep a story going other than creating unnecessary drama through lack of communication?
Say whaaaat

Yeah, the whole "lack of communication" thing is something I just assume is going to appear at least once in every romance manga. To be fair, they barely know each other, they've met each other... five times if I'm not mistaken, and as far as we've seen they've barely talked, two of those times were basically silence and/or making out with no pretext. Even so, this is what I'd expect from anything in this genre.

Of course I don't mean to say I'm okay with it always happening, far from it. It's only that I keep my expectations pretty low going into these, and for the most part my expectations are met dead-on. It's a shame that Adult Life stories suffer from this trope as often as any other setting.

edit: At least the guitar-earring reaction was explained quickly, albeit not to Honjo. My only hope is that the rest is resolved shortly. Hopefully in the next chapter, but I could see it happening over the next two or three. I'm certainly willing to wait at least that long if the story gets less cliche afterwards. After all, I'd like to love this story.

last edited at May 25, 2018 3:19PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Of course I don't mean to say I'm okay with it always happening, far from it. It's only that I keep my expectations pretty low going into these, and for the most part my expectations are met dead-on. It's a shame that Adult Life stories suffer from this trope as often as any other setting.

In school scenarios, they can't communicate because of their youthful innocence and embarrassment, and in adult stories they can't communicate because of their fear of commitment or of being hurt.

joined Aug 21, 2015

Im ready 4 chapter 7

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I like this story so far, but i feel that Liz' reasoning to be treating Honjo like shit is kinda stupid. I mean, Honjo isn't responsible for her past shitty GF, so why slap her like its her fault? If anything, its her fault for not letting Honjo know anything about her with the exception of what she does for a living. I mean, if i meet a girl who was a chef and that was the only thing i knew about her besides her name, i would also gift her something related to her career.

Anyways, i'm rambling too much. I really hope CH. 7 comes out soon.

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

@Kal3d - this is published in Galette, so later this month hopefully!

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

page order kinda messed up. It seems to be ordered alphabetically but then 16 is before 2

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've wanted to like this, I really have. And I try not to be overly-judgmental about characters until I see how things (mostly) play out.

But Liz's "mysterious" aura just turns out to be a cover for an abusive, self-dramatizing user, and I guess the MC is supposed to be sweet and understanding, but that's not the same as being a willing doormat.

And I'm hoping that "let me know if you want to be slapped" line was supposed to come off differently than it actually sounds.

joined Feb 18, 2015

page order kinda messed up. It seems to be ordered alphabetically but then 16 is before 2

Don't know if it's fixed since you posted this, but it's right now.

So... she doesn't REALLY explain anything... just states that she feels like she has fun every day with the other members of her band and can talk about anything with them and is happy that she met her "soft butch" protagonist... but doesn't really explain WHY she flipped out about the earrings and slapped her...

Seriously frustrating girl!

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Art is great characters are good their designs are amazing but story is very slow. More than a year have passed but nothing important happened. Maybe after this chapter that will change

last edited at Sep 10, 2018 1:36PM

joined Jun 30, 2016

This bitch change of moods are pissing me off, what the fuck do you want?!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don't know if it's fixed since you posted this, but it's right now.

So... she doesn't REALLY explain anything... just states that she feels like she has fun every day with the other members of her band and can talk about anything with them and is happy that she met her "soft butch" protagonist... but doesn't really explain WHY she flipped out about the earrings and slapped her...

Seriously frustrating girl!

Really. If a person wants to apologize for something, they need to do considerably better than "it's your fault."

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The storytelling is really kind of jarring.

joined Jun 12, 2015

So that's why the band is called Liberty. Nice.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I'm happy that they resolved that incident quickly, but at the same time I kind of wish Liz didn't get off the hook so easily. Imagine if the story ended right here lol. Would Honjo continue a life of misery and abuse every time Liz got angry!?

Liz hasn't won me over yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.