Forum › My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown discussion

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

GUMI has a website: http://gumiislife.wixsite.com/hikikomorihonyaku
Although I mostly contact them by e-mail.

As for myself, I'm not officially a part of Hikikomori Honyaku, I'm just helping out here and there. I work mostly with Arckuno at Binbou Scanlations, but I pick up stuff wherever it shows up (I'm usually also helping out at Yuri Project).

Oh, okay, thanks for that! I wish i could work on more yuri myself, hehe.

Wow, that cleaning was fast then o.o I didn't expect that would be from my photo. The thing it's that I have them in my house, so until this friday/saturday I can't get the tankobon and scan it... u_u

To be fair it's not that hard, but it sure takes a lot more time to clean than the digital copies ^ ^

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Oh fuck.

joined Feb 18, 2015

So... Mom's her first love... Makes sense why Minato LOOKS LIKE HER, then, eh? I wonder how long it will take Minato to figure this out? I'm also pretty sure that Asami was just about to give Minato a pretty serious, "I like you but not that much and I'm not interested in a serious relationship" speech right before mom got home with the smashed cake...

EDIT: I went back and re-read the earlier chapters, since it had been so long since this had come out and it looks like her guitar teacher was Minato's dad, which would mean her first love was, somehow, Minato... I'm guessing without Minato having ever met her, which is kind of odd... Not to mention the fact that Minato's dad hadn't been around since she was 3-years-old and she probably would have been in her preteens around the time Asami started taking guitar lessons from him.

So... that's just a bit stalkerish in terms of Minato being her "first love". But it is clear that she has her father's old photo album, which skips from the shrine visit when Minato was 3 to Minato's high school entrance picture, which I'm guessing her mother was kind enough to send to her father. If I had to guess, Asami is probably about three years older than Minato and her father died shortly after getting that picture and probably send the CD after getting the picture as well. It is possible that Asami helped him write the song, even.

It's clear that Minato's mother knew Asami was taking guitar lessons from her ex-husband. Not sure why she's so put out by her presence unless she was secretly still getting together with her husband and he was just not part of his daughter's life for some reason?

Also, I think I also figured out that the lyrics she was singing are the ones that she had written but didn't have a tune for that Iku wanted to use for that Ad jingle.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 4:22PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, it sure is awfully convenient that... I forgot their names... guitar girl fell in love with the other girl considering her grandfather was apparently her guitar teacher. I dunno though, that sinister smile at the end makes me think she has some ulterior motives... maybe she actually sought the other girl out just so she could find the mom, but I don't know if that really makes sense.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Well, it sure is awfully convenient that... I forgot their names... guitar girl fell in love with the other girl considering her grandfather was apparently her guitar teacher. I dunno though, that sinister smile at the end makes me think she has some ulterior motives... maybe she actually sought the other girl out just so she could find the mom, but I don't know if that really makes sense.

Unless their names are extremely rare, i would say it was a coincidence at best and she took the chance.
The mom fucked up too because she heard the red flag but decided to invite her anyway because she was in like "It can't be lmao, She can't be after my daugher, with so many fishes too"

last edited at Jul 17, 2018 7:39PM

joined Mar 6, 2018

Someones is definitely playing the long game here

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

so she's like some sort of lesbian chessmaster

joined Jul 23, 2017

OMG! i thought this was dropped im sooo glad ヽ(*´∀`)ノ

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

LOL, falling in love with Asami is genetic.

So... Next is in 2020, huh? That damn flu.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I'm glad that this manga was resumed, I hope someday we can get a conclusion.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Wow, no lie, was debating on buying this a few weeks back, because I really want to see what happens. Instead I bought the digital versions of Yuunagi Marbled, because they're on Amazon, and wanted to support Momono Moto. c:

Uhhh, if you guys are going to work on more and need a quality checker (I find places where commas can exist, you'll hate me), feel free to message me on Discord. Trouserwitz#8779

Regardless, thanks for putting in the effort here!

joined Jul 8, 2017

Whoa.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I am loving this. Really hope to see more soon.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Whoa didn't even know the last time I read this was 2 years ago. Time sure flies

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I guess I have to reread everything... I'm confused...

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I reread everything and im still confused

I'm all for the theory that Asami had a thing for the mum because there have been hints of her target not being MC (that face in... Chapter 4? Omg) but here if we assume she's having lessons from the dad who left after the divorce (as hes meant to be old, but seeing as MC is 32 now, back then dad wouldnt have been young young) that would still mean that she was into his daughter who is MC

So where does the mum thing come in?? I'm so confused. I need another two years to figure it all out

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I think people just got mistaken? My theory:

With Dad and Mom divorced, Dad became Asami's guitar mentor. Asami falls in love with Minato due to Dad's stories. When Dad died, Mom was suppose to take his things but Asami took everything, probably got mistaken for cheating (or being his lover).

Iku tells Minato that [Asami] found someone like her first love on ch.5 p.6. That's probably where the confusion comes in.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 3:29AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I don't quite understand where the theories about Asami having been in love with the mother are coming from. She herself says she was interested in the teacher's daughter.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 7:51AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Let's evidence.

1. Minato's dad told Asami to stay away from her.
  2. She doesn't seem to remember ever meeting Asami before and states she knows nothing about her (ch.2 p. 10).
  3. Her mom has met Asami.
  4. Asami says she was interested in the daughter, not the father.
  5. After flipping through an old photo album Asami tells Iku in chapter 4 that she hasn't made any progress with her first love.
  6. The guitar lessons were years after the divorce when the father was living alone.

I have no idea how those things can fit together. In chapter 3 Minato says she doesn't understand why her parents divorced, so that might forebode something.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 8:34AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Uhhh, if you guys are going to work on more and need a quality checker (I find places where commas can exist, you'll hate me), feel free to message me on Discord. Trouserwitz#8779

We are going to work on more, yes, and as for quality checking, I think you should email GUMI at gumiislife@gmail.com , because they're the one in charge here (^◇^;)

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 9:33AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'll have to read that from the beginning because I totally forgot what it's about.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Gumi, when you say raws as in for free right? Since the rest of the chapters are available on Amazon?

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

uh oh

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

We are going to work on more, yes, and as for quality checking, I think you should email GUMI at gumiislife@gmail.com , because they're the one in charge here (^◇^;)

Gotcha, will do, thanks! Always hard to tell who is checking forums and who isn't.

joined Jul 2, 2018

Them commas, tho.

To reply you must either login or sign up.