Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Ah I think I saw the raw of this one online somewhere. Glad someone decided to translate it ^^

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I don't see how the glasses girl is ugly
She's quite cute in my my opinion
And her hairpin is definitely cute

joined Jun 6, 2018

Does anyone know of another yuri manga with this concept? I'm a sucker for shit like this

BlazingSeraph
Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

Tbh, I really hate the main character. Like why you gotta be so vain, chill out. The other girl seems cool though, but I'm not sure I actually want them to get together. Mostly cause that kind of bullying is legit annoying af and I hate stories like this. Hopefully she changes my mind, but right now, I'm kinda meh about this one.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I think the issue here is more exhaustion over common oveeused troupes, more than anything. We have already seen the vain, mean girl redeem herself over and over at this point, so seeing the character start from zero once again, knowing well have to get through this alonside her once again... is kind of tiring...

I personally don't mind it too much, but what tires me out is the cliche of the girl becoming a lesbian because men were mean to her. Not many stories can pull it off without having the development feel forced.

joined Jan 6, 2014

all i can think about now is how much of an asshole nanaki and her boyfriend are as separate people and that kurokawa(?) deserves infinitely better. i demand/assume serious character development or i will not ever support nanaki (and the possible/eventual kanade/nanaki relationship)

still interesting so pls pls let this be good.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think the issue here is more exhaustion over common oveeused troupes, more than anything. We have already seen the vain, mean girl redeem herself over and over at this point, so seeing the character start from zero once again, knowing well have to get through this alonside her once again... is kind of tiring...

I personally don't mind it too much, but what tires me out is the cliche of the girl becoming a lesbian because men were mean to her. Not many stories can pull it off without having the development feel forced.

I asked in my previous post if anyone could think of other examples - as I couldn't.

I often see people say so and so is an overused trope - like some did with that princess's secret morinaga one - and then it turns out literally nobody has ever done it before!

So since you think this has been done over and over to the point of boredom, please name me some yuri on the site where a vain and or mean MC redeems herself, becomes a nice likeable girl and finds love etc?

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 3:17PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

The development has been good so far. This has a lot of potential but a number of very uninteresting follow ups to this chapter do spring to mind and while they aren't horrible directions, they would probably rate as "just ok" in my book.

WitheBurning
joined Aug 16, 2017

Interesting, let's see how this story progress.

joined Jan 10, 2018

Kurokawa is actually way cuter than the MC.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Kurokawa is actually way cuter than the MC.

Anime makes almost anything look great

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I asked in my previous post if anyone could think of other examples - as I couldn't.

I often see people say so and so is an overused trope - like some did with that princess's secret morinaga one - and then it turns out literally nobody has ever done it before!

So since you think this has been done over and over to the point of boredom, please name me some yuri on the site where a vain and or mean MC redeems herself, becomes a nice likeable girl and finds love etc?

From what I can recall, Flower and Star, and Comprehansive Somethingrussian (forgot the name). In general, this is common when the main character has inferiority complex. There is also a manga about grappling tackling this (pun intended), but I can't recall the name, and the ending was kind of rushed anyway so the main character didn't actually redeem herself byb the end. People might have mentioned The Princess Mirror because the motivation of main characters is the same in both mangas: be pretty like a princess.

In any case, to limit it only to yuri manga on this site is extremely narrow a sample for this case. Take Bright and Cheery Amnesia for example: A lot of people were saying it was a fresh spin on a overused cliche, yet I can't really recall yuri manga about amnesia other than it. I do recall soap operas overusing it. And movies. And mangas. And games. And at least one episode in a western cartoon will have an episode featuring it. Basically, is abundant in a lot of media, and the more you consume, the more likely you are to find it... over and over again.

In this case, most teenage western movies will either have the pretty MC become a bitch and then back, or be a bitch and start to mellow down at some point. I have no specific examples of this, because I do not care enough to keep track of it, just start watching a tv movie and having a huge sense of Deja-vu as the story unfolds. Shoujo manga also have a lot of this (whenever the heroine is not unrelistically nice), most of which copy the formula of Kare-Kano, or whichever Kare-Kano copied it from. It doesn't really have to be a yuri manga to get the feeling you saw a similar scenario before.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 7:18PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I haven't read it this way. I mean, most of us have had bad breakups in the past, even some really bad ones like the one in this comic. This doesn't change your sexuality. And MC-chan never said she was a lesbian now, so for all we know MC-chan could well be bisexual (even if she's only discovering it now).

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 6:42PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

^you're right. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here (the series is tagged as yuri for now, so I'm assuming things). But exactly as you said, a bad break up is not a factor that should define your sexuality, so I hope this manga will go along those lines.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 7:14PM

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

At start I didn't liked this manga because stupid girls with bad personality I just can stand (my will is to get into this manga and argue with her)! But at end I liked this. Waiting for the second chapter.

joined Dec 28, 2015

Lol everyone hates the MC but I actually love when a protagonist starts off as a bad person and develops into a better one over time. For me it's way more interesting than when the MC starts off as really nice and bland, I'm looking forward to see where this series goes.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Lol everyone hates the MC but I actually love when a protagonist starts off as a bad person and develops into a better one over time. For me it's way more interesting than when the MC starts off as really nice and bland, I'm looking forward to see where this series goes.

Not saying that this isn't interesting but Nanaki really pushes all of my buttons and I'm hoping for more sweet justice.
But if Nanaki only starts liking Kurokawa because she makes her "cuter" by dressing her up and making her wear make-up then consider this manga dropped

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Colour me intrigued, I'll keep this one on my radar. Also Kurokawa is definitely cute.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Not saying that this isn't interesting but Nanaki really pushes all of my buttons and I'm hoping for more sweet justice.
But if Nanaki only starts liking Kurokawa because she makes her "cuter" by dressing her up and making her wear make-up then consider this manga dropped

Only 4 chapters of the raw are out right now, so it's too early to say, but it does seem like it's going down this route, LOL.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Only 4 chapters of the raw are out right now, so it's too early to say, but it does seem like it's going down this route, LOL.

If it's executed well, it might still work for me, since I also love the "bad girl becomes nicer" trope (which I have only seen in het, actually, so far). I hope she discovers the own personal cuteness of kurokawa.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

probably thinking it will go that way, but why would you be dropping it i wonder, there is nothing wrong in trying to make a girl look cuter, you might already see her plenty cute and doesn't need any make up because well, there are no ugly(main) girls in manga, but usually manga stories are set in a real life setting and you may need to look at it from a real life perspective, and maybe the blonde can see that the girl who called ugly might actually be cute/cuter than her.

If u meant that the blonde girl might feel superior to her, then i understand, but it can't be helped, she might be cuter than her, but after all, no one get to decide before birth how they are gonna look(but that doesn't mean one can't work hard to look better), the blonde didn't choose to look cute nor the other girl choosed to look "ugly", there is more to the person than looks alone where luck has no part in and only hard work is required(intelligence,reliability..etc) it is wrong and absolutely ignorant to estimate someone's value based on their regular/natural looks alone, but that is something the blonde sure is gonna learn about in the future chapters.

last edited at Jul 9, 2018 1:51AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It's far too early to judge the series, but at least the art is nice. I'll be sure to follow the artist. xD

joined Jul 26, 2016

I mean if you think about it Bitch-chanNanaki starting to coach Kurokawa on makeup and fashion and whatnot would be the perfect excuse for them to spend extensive time in very close physical proximity and start feeling strangely agitated by it at some point...

titiwithmilk
4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

Blueberry ppfft xD

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Loving it. Can't wait for next chapter XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.