Forum › Band of Misfits discussion

joined Oct 17, 2016

Oh man, totally reminds me of that one unrequitted love manga of a certain author, where NO ONE got together in the end...

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh man, totally reminds me of that one unrequitted love manga of a certain author, where NO ONE got together in the end...

we don't need that kind of terrible brought up here, this had a cute end and we're gonna stick with it!!

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Not so much a love triangle as a love line segment.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Known in the United Kingdom as Pirates! in an Adventure with Lesbians

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Robert is such a great friend!

we don't need that kind of terrible brought up here, this had a cute end and we're gonna stick with it!!

Honestly I wanna now which one :D

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

OMG I want more with these idiots.

Robert is my spirit animal.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Robert is such a great friend!

Honestly I wanna now which one :D

I think that would be Nanashi no asterism, which was also licensed, which is really puzzling

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

I think that would be Nanashi no asterism, which was also licensed, which is really puzzling

how did that get licensed?! I dont say this much, but it was garbage XD

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Oh right, that one. I sometimes call it "the one with a resolution slightly better than Happy End".

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Not so much a love triangle as a love line segment.

I lol'd.

This little story pretty much made me realize I would be a terrible teacher in Japan. If I were the advisor, I would destroy that band. One of the substitutes is super skilled but pushed out because they don't like her? One of the other substitutes sucks and rather than practicing MORE they are making her run errands? What if your clarinet player gets a cold and you NEED her to not suck? I would be hated because I would violate every bit of Japanese power dynamics. Like in that anime we all refuse to mention.

Also, I'm a flute player and have had that "too nervous to play" thing happen to me. Obviously I'm a guy so the circumstances are different but hell does it suck. It was the worst.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This time it is really a love square. I loved all characters so a big polyamory maybe?

joined Aug 11, 2014

It's kind of wild that I'm this happy about a trans/nonbinary character being included in a story that isn't all about them being trans or nonbinary? They're not played for laughs, nobody makes a big show of finding them creepy, they get a solid romantic angle of their own that's treated as sincerely bittersweet and not tragic or laughable, and even the fact that it's the terrified-of-guys Hotchi that has her own quiet unrequited crush on them is subtly affirming. It's just! Great! I love it!

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Loved this and it made me remember about this authors other work and now I'm going to read Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep for the hundredth time.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Love... pentagon? It's more like a conga line I guess.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Going to the music store as a date... that's genious! I just realised if anybody ever did that to me, I 'd probably fall in love right away. And if they bought me a nice guitar as a present I'd marry them right away. xP just kidding... maybe.

That aside, this one was cute. I love this cute art style.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaabygirl
joined Oct 5, 2017

Wow I really wanted Robert to end up with Inui, but in the end nothing even happened. smh

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Already really liked the story and the dynamics of all of the characters, and then they throw in a genderqueer character in here in the midst of all that??

(Just throwing this block in here because, great comment.)

It's kind of wild that I'm this happy about a trans/nonbinary character being included in a story that isn't all about them being trans or nonbinary? They're not played for laughs, nobody makes a big show of finding them creepy, they get a solid romantic angle of their own that's treated as sincerely bittersweet and not tragic or laughable, and even the fact that it's the terrified-of-guys Hotchi that has her own quiet unrequited crush on them is subtly affirming. It's just! Great! I love it!

This gets all my love.

last edited at Jun 11, 2018 8:40PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Robert was the best part of this. Really loved them

joined Apr 29, 2018

weeeell... doesn't it deserves a DRAMA tag? where is it?

joined Sep 25, 2015

Is Robert a trap? Like biologically male. If so, shouldn't this get a het tag?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is Robert a trap? Like biologically male. If so, shouldn't this get a het tag?

A trans person isn't a crossdresser.

A trans woman or a nonbinary person with a girl isn't het.

The manga doesn't say one way or the other what Robert's crotch looks like. Just that people call them Robert.

Don't be stupid.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

There was no solid hookups, and we lost a good sensei to the het side. It was a dark day for yuri.

last edited at Jun 12, 2018 12:01AM

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Robert is a national treasure and should be protected at all costs

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Gale posted:

The kind of representation we deserve!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Robert is a national treasure and should be protected at all costs

But... of which nation, if they are only half-Japanese?

To reply you must either login or sign up.