Forum › Candy Moon discussion

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Too much rape for my liking

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I don't know...I still think rape is something entirely else. It's bullying at best. The guard might be innocent, but she isn't a child anymore and she obviously wants to stay with her out of her own will. What she doesn't like is her lewd behavior, unfit for the ideal princess in her mind. She seems to care a lot about duty and outer appearence.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I'm not really getting into this. Sadist-Masochist pairs are fine but I really don't like pairs where a Sadist is paired with someone who obviously don't enjoy abuse plays, especially if the non-masochist couldn't fight back like this one, it feels kinda rapey and forced.

It doesnt "feels kinda rapey and forced". It IS totally rapey and forced. Why is there so many people liking it?

Because she is acting like real life royalty lmao

If that were the case there'd be more incest and drugs.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Sees Molestation tag Guess I should expect the anime in 2 years, right?

joined Feb 23, 2013

Finally! Yuri for ants.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

way too rapey

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

With how explicitly and consistently Thea was against it, this was way to rapey for my taste. The fact that Tio payed literally no care to her feelings on the matter, all while claiming to love her, did not help things.

I'm not really getting into this. Sadist-Masochist pairs are fine but I really don't like pairs where a Sadist is paired with someone who obviously don't enjoy abuse plays, especially if the non-masochist couldn't fight back like this one, it feels kinda rapey and forced.

It doesnt "feels kinda rapey and forced". It IS totally rapey and forced. Why is there so many people liking it?

Any royal who regularly raped their closest and most trusted guard is asking for a knife to the back or poison in their tea. Even if the guard doesn't snap and do it themselves, they're going to be a whole lot less motivated to put their lives on the line when someone else tries to.

I don't know...I still think rape is something entirely else. It's bullying at best. The guard might be innocent, but she isn't a child anymore and she obviously wants to stay with her out of her own will. What she doesn't like is her lewd behavior, unfit for the ideal princess in her mind. She seems to care a lot about duty and outer appearence.

Would you think it was rape if the CEO of a modern business did this to one of their secretaries? Or if a parent did this to an adult child?

There are a lot of reasons for Thea to stick around and put up with the sexual abuse, even if she really doesn't want it, not the least of which is that her abuser is both her employer and a member of the ruling family in her country. Actually resting or leaving could end very, very, badly for her.

Similarly, the Princess clearly does a lot of good work when in public and the two have been together for a long time, with Thea being expected to take care of the princess. It shouldn't be surprising that she could admire her for her other qualities and might have developed a different form of love for her, despite her sexual abuse.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I took some time to recognize Mira's art style (I actually did only because I checked who was the author). xD
Either way, this was nice.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

This feels rather tame for a Mira, considering the rather... forceful assertions of the Princess Tio. Does that make me a good person or a bad person for thinking this?

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Fuck yes more Mira!!!! You're relentless in releasing yuri mangas yet still I can't get enough! Plot, no plot I don't care I'll take what you give me Mira-sensei. This one has a good plot and seems to be going somewhere...

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

With how explicitly and consistently Thea was against it, this was way to rapey for my taste. The fact that Tio payed literally no care to her feelings on the matter, all while claiming to love her, did not help things.

Any royal who regularly raped their closest and most trusted guard is asking for a knife to the back or poison in their tea. Even if the guard doesn't snap and do it themselves, they're going to be a whole lot less motivated to put their lives on the line when someone else tries to.

Would you think it was rape if the CEO of a modern business did this to one of their secretaries? Or if a parent did this to an adult child?

There are a lot of reasons for Thea to stick around and put up with the sexual abuse, even if she really doesn't want it, not the least of which is that her abuser is both her employer and a member of the ruling family in her country. Actually resting or leaving could end very, very, badly for her.

Similarly, the Princess clearly does a lot of good work when in public and the two have been together for a long time, with Thea being expected to take care of the princess. It shouldn't be surprising that she could admire her for her other qualities and might have developed a different form of love for her, despite her sexual abuse.

A parent? The princess is 5 years younger and doesn't even think she is more powerful than her guard even with her higher position, so how would that work?

So the princess was a rapist at age 10 already? She doesn't do it for power, she wants affection and provokes reactions out of the older one.

If your little kid sister touches you in an inappropriate way and tells you dirty things she heard somewhere, would you scream rape and call the cops?

I think you overestimate the position of the princess as well as the tone of the manga. :x

last edited at Jun 6, 2018 3:42PM

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

Oooh I'm exited for more

joined Jan 10, 2017

Is it just me or is this old style Mira art better than the current Mira art? It seems less, I dunno, homogeneous? Better details/shadows? I dunno.

last edited at Jun 7, 2018 4:20AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Didn't like where that went. At all. Intro seemed promising too.
but s#!+ happens and people probably fall into romantic relationships almost every kind if way. I'ma try to be respectful but I definitely have no interest in a sequel and . . . I bookmarked this to read later without noticing the molestation tag so the fault for that is with me.

last edited at Jun 7, 2018 7:49AM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

This is huge. I've drooled all along the way)))

Images%20(1)
joined Aug 5, 2014

Mira's work is always really good. :)

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

A parent? The princess is 5 years younger and doesn't even think she is more powerful than her guard even with her higher position, so how would that work?

So the princess was a rapist at age 10 already? She doesn't do it for power, she wants affection and provokes reactions out of the older one.

If your little kid sister touches you in an inappropriate way and tells you dirty things she heard somewhere, would you scream rape and call the cops?

I think you overestimate the position of the princess as well as the tone of the manga. :x

Literally everything you said was completely incorrect. Age is completely irrelevant, it's about power and authority, which the princess has and the guard doesn't. She doesn't need to do anything for that power, she just has it, and the guard can't go against her. If my little sister did any of that, there are a number of ways I could deal with it, all because I'm not obligated to stand there and take it. There's no overestimating the princess or misunderstanding the tone here, this is purely a power fantasy.

joined Dec 13, 2013

i don’t understand how can some ppl like a sex scene with one of the characters screaming “im scared” and “i dont like it” all the time and the other insisting in continuing. its not bc shes a woman that she gets excused...

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I feel like people is reading too much into the sex scene. The princess stopped mid way when she realized Thea was scare. This is just a manga. Sure if it was in real life we would disagree with it, but this is Mira trying to recreate a power play fantasy. Basically a shoujo version of a bad boy who forced a kiss on a naive shoujo protagonist. People in Japan (especially girls) eat it up all the time and I don't think Mira meant any bad intention by creating it.

joined Nov 9, 2017

I think it's highly informative that

A: I firmly agree this should have a rape tag

and

B: I subscribed immediately

this pushes awful buttons some of us do need pushed, but, um, yeah. someone saying no, with no sign of actual consent (which would make it role playing but still warrant the tag for the subject), that's called rape

even the idea that Thea tacitly consented to abuse while conscious doesn't negate sexual acts done to her body in her SLEEP

but sleep molestation for years from a fictional perspective, totally not for most people but why yes I'm in for more please

last edited at Jul 8, 2018 5:29AM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Two chapters and still no sex. That's how you know this was an earlier Mira work.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I'm not sure if this deserve a rape tag. Literally no penetration happened. It was more like opening shirt and groped a bit, I think a molestation tag is better.

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 8:37PM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Second chapter and this is still great. Also the king is a pretty cool guy.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait, this is from 2008?! Either way, it's nice.

last edited at Jul 13, 2018 12:58AM

joined Jun 21, 2018

Although it's one of Mira's earlier works, it seems decent enough for me to continue.

To reply you must either login or sign up.