Forum › Candy Moon discussion

Ruiko2
joined Sep 8, 2016

What the hell? There is a clear difference in the scan quality between this new chapter and the first one. It's like it was unnaturally stretched, I almost thought Mira's art suddenly regressed.

joined Jun 12, 2015

^ Yep, it seems like scanlator upscaled the low res raws.

joined Jun 21, 2017

I don't think there are high res versions of these old nightpulsar web comics.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

what did she do to make her leave the castle? lol

joined Apr 1, 2017

Probably try to rape her again and someone finds out.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

This chapter made me a little sad actually, the rationalizing Thea did to make sex with princess OK just well really wasn't OK. If I think that this isn't sex, then it's fine? I'll do it if it makes you happy/keeps our relationship the same? Jeeeez.

The fact that she ran away actually made me happy hahahaha, I want these two to get together but damn they need to like sort this out

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Second chapter and this is still great. Also the king is a pretty cool guy.

Best dad.

Aren't both parents neglectful, though? Perhaps by necessity, but it's what makes Tio gloomy.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Man, nothing says love like refraining from, tying your partner up, and raping them. Just one more piece of evidence, that supports my claim, that japanese take rape too casually.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Poor Thea can't deal with this.

Someone really needs to check Tio's head because she's way over the top.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Man, nothing says love like refraining from, tying your partner up, and raping them.

I can't even start to imagine the pain Tio went through to make this sacrifice, she's a keeper

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Man, nothing says love like refraining from, tying your partner up, and raping them. Just one more piece of evidence, that supports my claim, that japanese take rape too casually.

Have you read Chinese manhua and novels? I don't think it's factual to say Japanese take rape too casually. This whole manga portrait Tio as a very aggressive taker, she says she want to rape Thea, but she never did it because she would never want to hurt Thea. What she's essentially doing is making Thea more aware of her (Tio and Thea's) feeling. It is obvious that Thea has romantic feeling for Tio, but she is hesitant to take a step forward and Tio knows this that's why she keep pushing.
If I have to say it Thea is a coward when it comes to opening up to relationship, she will always run away if someone don't be aggressive with their approach. Tio's method is not "nice", but I think it works best with Thea and once again the rape thing is blown out of proportion in my opinion.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

They are both insufferable.

One is a coward and the other is too forceful.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Four chapters and no sex. Mira is really different back then.

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

When they will rape each other?

last edited at Aug 16, 2018 4:31PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Have you read Chinese manhua and novels? I don't think it's factual to say Japanese take rape too casually. This whole manga portrait Tio as a very aggressive taker, she says she want to rape Thea, but she never did it because she would never want to hurt Thea. What she's essentially doing is making Thea more aware of her (Tio and Thea's) feeling. It is obvious that Thea has romantic feeling for Tio, but she is hesitant to take a step forward and Tio knows this that's why she keep pushing.
If I have to say it Thea is a coward when it comes to opening up to relationship, she will always run away if someone don't be aggressive with their approach. Tio's method is not "nice", but I think it works best with Thea and once again the rape thing is blown out of proportion in my opinion.

I have a strong hunch, men "being aggressive" is one of the major reasons the Me too movement was started. That whole "She wants me, but she's just too scared to act on it. So all I have to do is give her a push" attitude seems like a recipe for a rape charge, to me.
I admit this story was rather innocuous, but the casual use of rape, is an issue in manga, and anime. While I'm not the type of person who attack people, who like stories with rape in them. I do find it a bit uncomfortable when rape is treated like it's no big deal.
Oh, and just because the chinese have worse attitudes toward rape, doesn't mean the japanese are all good.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I have a strong hunch, men "being aggressive" is one of the major reasons the Me too movement was started. That whole "She wants me, but she's just too scared to act on it. So all I have to do is give her a push" attitude seems like a recipe for a rape charge, to me.
I admit this story was rather innocuous, but the casual use of rape, is an issue in manga, and anime. While I'm not the type of person who attack people, who like stories with rape in them. I do find it a bit uncomfortable when rape is treated like it's no big deal.
Oh, and just because the chinese have worse attitudes toward rape, doesn't mean the japanese are all good.

The Me Too Movement is another hell hole altogether, personally I think it has too many flaws. I think what I meant is that the Japanese doesn't strike me as taking rape too casually. Taking rape casually seems more of a Chinese thing, unless it is hentai then the rape is treated casually, but in a normal manga I don't see it. I was just giving Chinese as an example of what real casual attitude is, not to say because one is worst the other is better.
I do admit that there are cases out there that this "she wants me, but too scared" happened, but I'm just looking at the clues giving through the manga, not any real life situations. If we talk real life situation there are men being accused of rapes or molestation, but people tend to sympathize women and immediately discredit their stories.

joined Sep 1, 2017

The Me Too Movement is another hell hole altogether, personally I think it has too many flaws. I think what I meant is that the Japanese doesn't strike me as taking rape too casually. Taking rape casually seems more of a Chinese thing, unless it is hentai then the rape is treated casually, but in a normal manga I don't see it. I was just giving Chinese as an example of what real casual attitude is, not to say because one is worst the other is better.
I do admit that there are cases out there that this "she wants me, but too scared" happened, but I'm just looking at the clues giving through the manga, not any real life situations. If we talk real life situation there are men being accused of rapes or molestation, but people tend to sympathize women and immediately discredit their stories.

Lets just agree to disagree. I know I've read several manga where rape was used too lightly. The series, Kimi Wa Shoujo, and Happy Sugar Life, comes, immediately to mind, but I know there are others.
The thing is I've heard, admittedly unsubstantiated, stories, about japanese rapist going free. One story where a rapist got his victom pregnant, and the judge let the guy off, because he didn't want to break up a family. It all feeds into my image of japan.
I too don't like people's lives getting ruined by mere accusations, but in the end that's just the nature of the beast. At the heart of it, rape boils down to a he said, she said crime. Men have been getting the benefit of the doubt, pretty much from the beginning of time. That is, if the culture even considered rape a crime. Now the pendulum, is just starting to swing the other way. Men are just going to have to suck it up, and watch their p's and q's. Maybe men will learn to be more sensitive, to women, and women will learn to be more assertive when they want men to back off.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 1:35AM

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

... c'mooooon, Miraaa! Where's the fucking?? T-T ( I love the story but it feels that somehow something is missing)

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Lol?

joined Apr 1, 2017

Mira definitely improved as a writer after this.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I hope Tio locks Thea up after this and makes sure Thea will never run away again.

I'm so frustrated with this plot I actually think mind breaking rape would be a good outcome.

Ugh...

joined Sep 1, 2017

Rape is not a crime, if the queen does it.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ok this manga is officially ridiculous, oh Thea you poor poor female guard, molested wherever you go, can't even run away successfully

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I get that the queen had to separate them for a while so that they can sortthemselves out but making the princess think that Thea cheated on her seems meaninglessly cruel

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Hail to the Queen baby!

I love her :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.