Forum › Kimi wa Shoujo discussion

Yikes, this is really awkward. I only read the first chapter, but judging from the comments, and the overall vibe in the first chapter, I can already tell I will not like this.

joined Sep 25, 2015

First two chapters gave me a creepy supernatural vibe.
Creepy, rapey, age-gap yuri is so good! I love this!

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

ok, this shit got creepy.
however, purposely creepy...
I feel obligated to see where this is going

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

also, this need a trigger alert.
really onerous content about sexual abuse

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I swear to god if this ends up without someone calling the rapist out, I'll throw a fit

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I think for me personally, my hope is at the end game, Jinno ends up with Rii, because Kousaka really doesn't seem like the kind of person Jinno could have a healthy stable relationship with

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

I swear to god if this ends up without someone calling the rapist out, I'll throw a fit

You are really not gonna like the ending.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Aauggh... When she thought "I'm sorry, Mom" I felt that my heart was constricted.

They both seek each other urgently right now but please... talk.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Who takes a hot bath in a scorching hot day anyway? >.>

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

A 30 yo with a 14 yo kid. I mean it's fiction and whatever, but that's a legit pedo.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Ever been so horny you just run to a nearby river and jump in?

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I've read hundreds of age gap stories and a lot of Loli shit.....
And this is one of the creepiest i've ever seen, the reactions are too realistic to real grooming and sexual abuse.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

You joke, but it can be a real problem. The river close to my place is really fast and deep, lots of people drowned already because they were in heat. Being that horny can cost you your life.

Also, Maki's reactions are deeply realistic, the confusion, the libido raging, thinking it is love, it is all portrayed really well. Bonus points for the fact at least a part of her resists the idea of being in love with Kousaka, it is surprisingly rational of a 14 year old who just had such an experience.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

If someone jump with me I would like to jump in it haha. Btw I am really liking this manga.

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

No, it is not love girl, you are just in heat.

joined Sep 25, 2015

An update so soon? Nice.

joined Dec 8, 2017

I think it's her good fortune to have met Kousaka.

Imagine if she hadn't met her? She would have probably gone out with some guy once in High School, before settling down, getting married and popping a kid or two. End Of Story.

Here, she discovers the wonders of lesbian sex and she obviously enjoyed it, even if it confused her because of her lack of knowledge.

What's not to like?

4d chess right here

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe the author has some first person experience?

joined Sep 25, 2015

That'd be hot if they were both girls.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Okay this is going exactly where I expected it to. And that's not a good thing. While I'm not shocked, I'm not going to hide my disappointment and disgust. There's no question that woman's a rapist. And this author is condoning this behavior as acceptable as a romantic relationship. I understand the draw of loli and age gap manga. While I'm not big on loli I've enjoyed various age gap stories like My Dear Teacher (I refuse to use the Engrish title). Such stories didn't involve watching a grown adult grooming a child and outright tossing her into bed and raping her. This one goes beyond the pale. Keep in mind, I'm cool with the story being here and being available for everyone to read. I'm sure there are some people who're enjoying it. But I'm thoroughly disgusted with it.

last edited at May 22, 2018 11:21PM

joined Oct 4, 2015

That'd be hot if they were both girls.

No no no!

Regardless of the gender of the people involved, this manga is depicting rape and abuse. It's fine if you've got a kink for that but don't bloody wish it onto a real person then.

Don't just... thoughtlessly sexualize this.

last edited at May 22, 2018 9:29PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man the creep factor has not diminished in the slightest. It just hangs around like a mounted stag.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Okay this is going exactly where I expected it to. And that's not a good thing. While I'm not shocked, I'm not going to hide my disappointment and disgust. There's no question that woman's a rapist. And this author is condoning this behavior as acceptable as a romantic relationship. I'm understand the draw of loli and age gap manga. While I'm not big on loli I've enjoyed various age gap stories like My Dear Teacher (I refuse to use the Engrish title). Such stories didn't involve watching a grown adult grooming a child and outright tossing her into bed and raping her. This one goes beyond the pale. Keep in mind, I'm cool with the story being here and being available for everyone to read. I'm sure there are some people who're enjoying it. But I'm thoroughly disgusted with it.

How is Dear My Teacher engrish?
It's supposed to be read like as if someone composed a letter "Dear, my teacher."
It's not even the only thing I can think of that uses this idea, there's "Dear my future" in Pretty Rhythm/Pripara
http://pripara.wikia.com/wiki/Dear_My_Future_~Mirai_no_Jibun_e~
And the Japanese half the title even calls it "to the future me"
Based off of a quick google search, there's also "Dear my friends," "Dear my lover," "Dear my girls," and "Dear my human" (it's a pet show, so I presume this is directed at the owner), all of which are asian mind you, so it's not even a completely uncommon thing either.

Calling it "My Dear Teacher" is literally changing the meaning to something else entirely.

last edited at May 22, 2018 10:39PM

joined Aug 28, 2016

"Dear Teacher" would probably be a more natural way to phrase it in English than "Dear My Teacher", but eh, it gets the idea across.

Back on topic, I'm starting to think that another commenter's theory earlier in the thread that Rii was Kohsaka's previous target is right on the money. She's being a little too serious and intense for somebody who doesn't suspect what's going on.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Engrish is Engrish. It's incorrect use of English grammar. Just because a bunch of Japanese (or other Asian countries') shows and other Japanese media use the same title doesn't make it any less wrong or any less grating to my eyes. I don't live in Asia. I live in an English speaking country. If I were to write stuff in Japanese and do it all wrong, I expect Japanese folks to look at it and have the same reaction I do to "Dear My Teacher". And no, I don't believe fixing that title's grammatical error makes it any different from the original title. If that doujin were picked up by a western publisher, chances are that title would get changed.

Also, I hope LilyBlack you're right. But based on what someone else posted in here earlier, I'm not getting my hopes up. The way the first page reintroduces the story (granted it would've been nice if that were translated too :P) kinda makes it look like your typical yuri manga overlooking obvious child abuse. I hope I'm wrong but... Yeah...

last edited at May 22, 2018 11:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.