Forum › Kimi wa Shoujo discussion

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol! Was it so good she was in shock for a day? Honestly....XD

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

It reminds me of the yaoi mangas where one is shy and the other guy is super aggressive (in a sexual way) is like the most common trope in yaoi, like it won't sell if they don't fuck in the first volume xD

That kind of setup is fairly common in yuri too, I've noticed.

Isn't yuri mostly about superfriends during school? Didn't notice too many aggressive or "rapy" yuris so far. :o Fujoshi seem to enjoy male on male rape as yuri does like handholding and indirect kisses.

Er... Are you really that new here? Or have you just not been looking under the NSFW tag? Because there are a ton of doujins where one woman comes on super aggressively, to the point that IRL it would clearly be rape, and the other woman is even saying things like "No," "Stop it," "Don't!" and it doesn't even give the aggressor pause. I'm serious, it's as common as dirt on this site.

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

well, I think the chapter was very well executed . since some people have a hard time realising that they had a sexual experience .

yeah , I know that she had to know the basics ... but it sure was a shock to get fucked by someone you admire an out of the blue.... Pum you had sex.

And for the other hand, kousaka felt kind of guilt cause sometimes you get carried away for the moment and after that happens it comes the guilt

it's not the usual fluffy stuff we get here , but it's quite nice

last edited at May 17, 2018 9:46PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Er... Are you really that new here? Or have you just not been looking under the NSFW tag? Because there are a ton of doujins where one woman comes on super aggressively, to the point that IRL it would clearly be rape, and the other woman is even saying things like "No," "Stop it," "Don't!" and it doesn't even give the aggressor pause. I'm serious, it's as common as dirt on this site.

Then again... >_>
Genre conventions are weird.

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

The way she don’t know about sex is pretty resonable as an Asian. We never have sex-ed in school, parents be like “that adult stuff, kid get out” or so. We do learn about reproduction and stuff but the first time I awear of sex is in 9th grade from my classmates, after that everything else is from the internet (lucky that I didn’t go the wrong way). So yeah, if she is a good girl then no way she will know what sex is.
And about the story, not really enjoy it...and I won’t be that calm if I was her “-_-
Sorry if the English is bad.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Maybe she should google pedophilia and rape next.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

So far, this seems to be a story where the age gap is taken seriously, ethical problems and all.

Basically, this. The main character is a 14 year old (just for reference, that is the age of last year primary school/freshly enrolled high school students in my country), most (mind you, I will not necessarily say "all") age gap relationships where the younger party is this young will have some serious imbalance in dynamics. The only way this could be depicted as less predatory or unsettling is if the manga went the usual yuri age gap route and simply disregarded the implications of such a relationship. Like, seriously, how often have you read an age gap story where the age difference was actually addressed and translated into relationship dynamics (to be clear, I am talking about age gap stories with the younger party being as young as here, of course this does not apply to age gaps where both of them are adults)? So I would say that the people complaining about the unsettling aspect and ascribing it to bad writing are missing the mark.

Yeah I get annoyed with that so much in age gaps, especially with student teacher ones and then the teacher's friends try to push them together like it's no big deal. This is definitely more predatory and unsettling which is what an age gap realistically would be. I think MCs uncertainty and confusion after the fact was very well done

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Shit. I forgot she was a fourteen year old. All this time I thought she was a high schooler for some reason. Welp, I don't think I can enjoy the series as much as I was before.

The way she don’t know about sex is pretty resonable as an Asian. We never have sex-ed in school, parents be like “that adult stuff, kid get out” or so. We do learn about reproduction and stuff but the first time I awear of sex is in 9th grade from my classmates (...)

This is a good reasoning but I find it hard to believe that she knew about reproduction (she is a middle schooler, she must have known) and didn't know about sex. I mean I'm from a small town in an Asian country and grew up in a very conservative and orthodox family (the type who ban children from knowing about sex and stuff) and I knew what sex (and gay sex) was when I was like 10 or something. And she is from Tokyo. Her mom also doesn't seem like the conservative type. So I'm curious as to why she doesn't know anything.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Appears to be unsettling all around in-universe too, as Natsume doesn't seem to be feeling very proud of herself and is clearly (and justifiably, as the audience knows) worried about how Maki's holding up.

joined Jul 26, 2016

So I'm curious as to why she doesn't know anything.

It's not that she "doesn't know anything" - eg. she clearly picked up on what the adults were talking about here. It's rather that between her rather zoned-out mental state and not having a clue about this whole lesbian business it took a while before she hit on a sufficiently familiar frame of reference for the pieces to start clicking in place.

"Oh, so that too counted as sex..." sort of thing.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

^ Ah, so she is in the "When you realize you're gay" stage?

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'd say that's the least of her worries atm. Actually come think of it after Goggle-sensei clued her in on the concept the "woman" part in "I had sex with a woman" doesn't particularly seem to bother her in and by itself...

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

So it is sex itself that's bothering her? That makes sense, i guess.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not really even that, I'd say, but rather she's still trying to figure out what to think (and feel) about the whole affair. Teenager just ran headlong into her sexuality and is now confused.

(Also literally can't look Kousaka in the face without her libido going into high gear it seems.)

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Almost reminds me of Yuu from YagaKimi. Yuu, obviously, doesn't seem as dense to the prospect of relationships between two women as Maki does here, but they both clearly suffer from a lack of sense for the passion involved with a romantic relationship, as you pointed out.

Well, more like she's completely overwhelmed by the intensity of the emotions involved. That kind of thing can be pretty jarring and bewildering at first brush in general. To give a parallel one reason people tend to "freeze up" in dangerous situations is they don't know how to cope with the sudden rush of adrenaline - something appropriate training and experience helps a lot with.

You'd think this girl wouldn't have gone through with the whole thing if she didn't know what was going to happen, but I suppose Kousaka was being a little pushy.

I think it was more of a "I have no idea what's going on and it scares me but I'm also excited and curious and trust her" kind of thing on Maki's part. Such an anxious jumble isn't exactly unusual for teenagers having their first time I understand - nevermind now that the idea of two women doing it wasn't terribly familiar to her at the time, further adding to the disorientation.

a girl's first time is hardly ever anything like what you see in most medias. at least, what's going through their head when it happens. at first when i saw her say, so that was sex i was like gtfo of here, but then reading some comments got me thinking, and about my own first time. it wasn't that she didn't know about sex, but what happened didn't register to her as such at the time. and because of her age, with ZERO might i add experience (that we know of) of romance, she was completely and 100% not ready for that. even for girls who are, part of them still doesn't really understand that she's really doing it, and take time after to process it, just as jinno did. because for most, the act of having sex, is like crossing this boundary into a new adult world, cause there is very little else you can do that's any more adult like, at least for a kid. and a lot of kids especially at that age, don't REALLY know what actually counts as sex, cause like stated, most just see as penile penetration is all there is and rest is foreplay. She was not ready, there had been no romancing and leading her to that before hand (for more than the minute it took kousaka to get her in the room) and too trusting which made her too dazed when it started to happen to be able to stop it. she might later decide she liked it, but from what i got reading it, i think a part of her felt scared and maybe betrayed, which is why she was dazed/not really believing it was happening. felt very rapey to me, especially when it showed her covering her mouth with tears leaking out.

Mikoto_to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun
joined Feb 18, 2018

This girl is very innocent to don´t know about this stuff on her age.

Apparently no one knows how old she is. She could be 12 and just has no idea.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Apparently no one knows how old she is. She could be 12 and just has no idea.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_wa_shoujo_ch01#12

joined Oct 13, 2015

The older one really abused her trust, that end of chp2 when the younger one tries to leave and she says come inside.. I'm not too comfortable with this.

Good. It would be more concerning if you were.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt to the author but this seems really well done.
What the older lady did was wrong? Absolutely. That's probably the point. What she did wasn't malicious in her eyes and she meant no harm but it is a crime and for good reason.

This manga seems to have looked at all the innocent, adorable age-gap and decided to show us what it could (or perhaps more likely would) be like.
Also, that nonsense of pushover adult and far too smart/manipulative student is completely thrown out. This is more like what the gap would cause. A pushy (to be nice) adult and a naive child who is left bewildered afterwards. Filled to overflowing with thoughts she's never had and emotions she's never felt.

This is good. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and the implications of what they have done. How the two handle it from here. Though i do think these two may never become a couple, ever. And that we are seeing a very impactful, and influential, time of our protagonist's life.

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I feel uncomfortable with this one. This girl is underage and innocent. When the manga showed that she doen’t even know about sex make it seem worse. Rape and pedophile is bad even it is for yuri.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Huh.... Chapter 1 was really weird, but with chapter 3 I finally see the potential of this story. The author is treading to new lands here though, so I hope he/she does not fall into the Big Pond of Cliches xD

last edited at May 18, 2018 6:42AM

Mikoto_to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun
joined Feb 18, 2018

I feel uncomfortable with this one. This girl is underage and innocent. When the manga showed that she doen’t even know about sex make it seem worse. Rape and pedophile is bad even it is for yuri.

But that did not look like compulsion.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

... That was a quick development. 3 chaps in and I'm interested AF to see what their developments will be seeing as this seems like a serious story so far ( not all cute, fluffy rainbow yuri) glad it's being translated at a good pace

can u really ever call it rape when its a hot woman

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

It reminds me of the yaoi mangas where one is shy and the other guy is super aggressive (in a sexual way) is like the most common trope in yaoi, like it won't sell if they don't fuck in the first volume xD

That kind of setup is fairly common in yuri too, I've noticed.

Isn't yuri mostly about superfriends during school? Didn't notice too many aggressive or "rapy" yuris so far. :o Fujoshi seem to enjoy male on male rape as yuri does like handholding and indirect kisses.

"No," "Stop it," "Don't!" are common tropes in japanese media though...they even say it when they are into it and are just shy about it, so it's hard for me to take it seriously in manga.

I still wouldn't say it's that common. It's common in yaoi, because fujoshi sometimes have these weird rape fantasies, where they'll borrow the body from the uke.

Delinquents and aggressive girls in general are pretty rare in yuri.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Oh man, I feel so conflicted. It clearly is trying to portray this as positive as possible, but god damn it that lady raped a young girl who had no idea what was going on. Try to rationalize it however you want, but that was rape

To reply you must either login or sign up.