Forum › Eden no Otome discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeah I get a sort of creepy vibe to this as well

It reminds me of this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrH7_qAeA8U

joined Aug 10, 2016

I haven't trusted anything this scanlation group puts out since Nanashi no Asterism, and the tropes and tone don't help the case.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I can't really get behind the story just yet, but I LOVE the art. Main girl is super adorable.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

that_one posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/eden_no_otome_ch02#8
I actually can see myself as a yuri terrorist.

Well, you better find how to do parthenogenesis before wiping out all men.

joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF the pathogen dicked around with fertility and heredity rather than outright extirpating the male sex, so they had a window of about a generation (in the reproductive sense) to figure out a workaround.

...not really seeing how engineering parthenogenesis into people would be faster and simpler than fixing whatever the Hell the bug did though... A Wizard Did It I guess. Or that one monomanic loli goddess. >_>

Eetw4a5ueaiu2_t
joined Jun 1, 2017

The art style is so pretty! and I love that the author is obsessed with flowers.
I like the idea of a world only inhabited by women, if only because it serves as a guarantee that none of the characters will end up trapped in an impromptu "no homo" het ending lol

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The art style is so pretty! and I love that the author is obsessed with flowers.
I like the idea of a world only inhabited by women, if only because it serves as a guarantee that none of the characters will end up trapped in an impromptu "no homo" het ending lol

There are a bunch of those novels around ... more often than not they are about a male being born / created / etc and the tension this causes.

So, no, even with stories that seemingly don't even offer any possibility of het there's no safety ^^

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

sanapomu posted:

I bet even in this kind of society, they would find a way to force social norms and "no homo" (looking at you Love DNA >.>)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Humans are kind of conformist jerks, taken as a whole. Kin selection/pack behaviour instincts and all that.

Though from what little I remember Love DNA just went for the low-hanging fruit there...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

Though from what little I remember Love DNA just went for the low-hanging fruit there...

Men died (for whatever reason) so they split all women into male and female and forbid them from "homosexual" love. Like common >.> What's the fucking point then if you are going to turn it into forbidden love story anyway? (I wasn't able to finish it because of how stupid the plot was)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ah, remembered it correctly then. Yeah that's basically just "file off serials and change the wrapping" - at least from what we've seen so far this setting isn't that lazy.

joined Apr 10, 2014

I can't really get behind the story just yet, but I LOVE the art. Main girl is super adorable.

Haha, total opposite.

The story intrigues me, but the main girl really ticks me off.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Sayuri's danmaku is strong. She used at least two spell cards in chapter 2!

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Rape tag?

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Well, for those predicting 'creepy vibes' (I agreed back then too!) ...here they are!!
And for those who thought this was a 'hack job' of stereotypes? Nope! Guess again! Lolz! Layers of personality on all the main girls...
The twisting plot is delightful, the MC isn't an idiot nor is she super-powered... she's just kind of... innocent and normal.
Wasn't convinced with the first two chapters, but 3&4 sold me!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Needs a rape tag, or at least an attempted rape tag, because that bitch just raped the poor girl

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

lol crying face at the page 6

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Wasnt there an "attempted rape" tag or something similar?

Town
joined Feb 8, 2018

...Jesus Christ. To be honest this is giving out some serious Oniisama e... vibes. What with the dark all girls setting and the drama that happened in the past obviously leaving lasting impacts and the new girl main character needing to figure out whats going on.

At least this wont end in everyone getting het married.

last edited at May 7, 2018 2:32AM

Salamandrake
joined Sep 11, 2014

"Nothing happened."
"Lies! I saw you attempting to rape my friend!"
"So you just watch then ran away to get help instead of helping right away? Lol."

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

I might be shipping the wrong ones together here sadly x)
It's sad to go through suche lenght to create a world without men and everything with a logic behind (kinda) and still do a story like that which is only the all girl school trope. I was waiting to see more background but 4 chapters in and still nothing much about it.

joined Jan 12, 2018

And now we're scissoring. Wait, what?..

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I thought this was going to be a straight forward, cute piece, It's shaping up to be a surprisingly complicated, and slightly dark story, though.

I'm liking the post gender apocalypse anatomy lessons. Even if they are a tad heavy handed. I especially liked Kohane accidentally opening her anatomy book, during her history lesson. That was cute.
So many stories, with women only worlds, leave reproduction an abstract concept. It's nice to see a more clinical approach, for a change. I'm a nerd at heart, after all.
The only thing I didn't like, was the fact that size determines who gets pregnant. It allows a pseudo male/female dynamic, to develop within the relationship. Plus it reminds my of spiders. I would have preferred, if who got pregnant was based on which girl was fertile at the time. Maybe making it possible for both girls to get pregnant at the same time.

Tooko Uploader
Bokura%20no%20hentai%20v08%20icon
Hachimitsu Scans
joined Jul 28, 2015

The only thing I didn't like, was the fact that size determines who gets pregnant. It allows a pseudo male/female dynamic, to develop within the relationship. Plus it reminds my of spiders. I would have preferred, if who got pregnant was based on which girl was fertile at the time. Maybe making it possible for both girls to get pregnant at the same time.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding based on the translation from chapter 4, page 10 (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/eden_no_otome_ch04#11), but that line is not referring to body size. It's about the amount of seed being released from the body or absorbed into the body. If one girl is releasing less seed compared to how much she's absorbing from her partner, then she'll get pregnant, and vice versa.

last edited at May 7, 2018 5:10AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Okay, the process of reproductive sex between females here is them tribbing and the seeds mixed in with the secretions (ie, Lots of fluids) are absorbed by the cervix. Whichever releases the most seeds impregnates the other.

Interesting. So I suppose there's still some kind of menstrual cycle where they have to both be in their fertile days to conceive.

I suppose there's some kind of birth control too.

Frankly, I'd be more interested if the author dug more in the sci-fi background than this force all girls settings.

To reply you must either login or sign up.