Forum › Eve and Eve discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

johnb posted:

True, the human brain is better at parallel processing, but I don't think it could handle the trillions of bits of data flooding in every second. Processing huge amounts of data fast, is why we invented the computer, in the first place.

Why are you operating under the assumption that the human brains involved make up the entirety of the computer? Having the ability to turn a disembodied human brain into a computer in the first place, we could certainly supplement that brain with additional processors and such in order to take advantage of the best traits of both.

Nah. An A.I. would be a better choice for the job. The moral, and ethical questions raised, by hacking human beings up, and chucking their body parts into space, aside. Human brains are weak, and squishy. They would need special biological live support. The nutrients would need periodic replenishing. The more I think about it, the more absurd the idea seems.

joined Sep 1, 2017

The Heir of The Curse refference was good but the rest was meh. At least author tried to make something different. And did they only observe gay couples?

The satellites did seem fixated on the yuri couples.

joined Sep 1, 2017

more sad about ending to The Heir of The Curse than anything else in this short. It's obviously the same characters

I always wanted a series based on Yui and Ichika's daughter.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Nagashiro Rouge is quickly becoming one of my favourite mangaka. Odd? Yes, but coupled with a beautiful style and interesting stories. Feels a bit like a more realistic and somewhat toned down version of Dowman Sayman sometimes.

Finally, someone who gets it! The rest of y'all need to rewatch yer Rickter andst Mortimer, y'all dumb as hell. Sorry if your yuri reading level is only at a schoolgirl lesbian level, lmao.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

The moral here is that only crazy people who can't comprehend long term consequences are into transhumanism.

So quite accurate to real life.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

badnat posted:
Eh, I didn't like it. I maybe would have bought the premise more if they'd gone through thousands of years, but a few decades? They basically didn't like being satellites/having machine bodies and regretted it. Nothing to do with "eternal" whatever crap. It was a few decades, and they wasted their mission whatever it may have been. Lame.

Already read too many comments today so I'm lazy, which means someone might have pointed it already (and other someone might have made a contra-argument and so on) but: If you think about it, they lived for about 560 billion years.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Wow, am I the only one that liked this story?

joined Jul 21, 2015

this reminds me a story from black mirror netflix series ( Season 3 Episode 4, San Junipero)

Omg i know that
The story very nice

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Psychological indeed, and I love me some brain fuck, literally! I feel like I can break this down simply...

• They bluntly disregarded the human body for the more abstract/concrete feelings of living or love, rather than the physical. Them becoming satellites was a big wtf for me haha, but they basically computers, however no heart attached, just mind(brain), if anyone caught that. So... yea and the ending about love will pass down, basically reincarnation of them... but i feel like the black haired girl is like a lil girl... but whatever, yea.
Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I like it. Had some interesting questions and had one heck of a set up to present them.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

From the title I was expecting the human race to be wiped out and they repopulate the Earth as cyborg lesbians with science babies.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

^Me too (without the cyborg part, but almost). Someone need to do this.

. . . . . . Also, give me Lilith x Eve.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Very sad story in many ways. 1&2 could be said to have made two missteps, the first in casting off their bodies and existence as human beings, the second in choosing to die to fulfill a romanticized notion of "eternity".

It's a fact that the human condition, and the familiar and perennially desired human happinesses that we chase, are defined in a large part by our physical bodies. Even at the beginning of the story, when you realize that their still-beautiful bodies must've been disposed of as medical waste after the procedure, it's quite chilling.

And yet, having once done so, 1&2 could've gone on living that thoroughly inhuman existence for vastly longer and been fine. It was only the vestiges of their attachment to the human condition - the very thing that they had chosen to cast off - that told them it was unsatisfactory. The human mind rebels against the idea of a forever static and unchanging state. Even if that state, objectively, could be considered superior to what we know as human life. The second tragedy was giving that up in service of a flawed, but admittedly very human, idea.

That being the case, it could be said that they returned to being fully human in their final act. That doesn't make it any better though. The best that can be said is that it effectively captures what a contradictory mess we truly are as a species. Such is the nature of humanity, without a doubt.

Thank you very much for your work on this contemplative title, Bunny Love.

last edited at Mar 27, 2018 9:50PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Nagashiro Rougue is a treasure.

The decorative plastic treasure you see in an amusement park.

Someone sounds bitter. I think the author's works in general are really well drawn and have pretty solid stories, but to each their own I suppose.

As for this specific story, it was interesting but it wasn't my cup of tea and I prefer Nagashiro Rouge's previous works.

last edited at Mar 27, 2018 11:43PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Nagashiro Rougue is a treasure.

The decorative plastic treasure you see in an amusement park.

Give me one of those and I can sell It for 2.000 dollars.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Nagashiro Rouge is quickly becoming one of my favourite mangaka. Odd? Yes, but coupled with a beautiful style and interesting stories. Feels a bit like a more realistic and somewhat toned down version of Dowman Sayman sometimes.

Finally, someone who gets it! The rest of y'all need to rewatch yer Rickter andst Mortimer, y'all dumb as hell. Sorry if your yuri reading level is only at a schoolgirl lesbian level, lmao.

I'm not exactly certain what you're saying, but I think the general gist is that you're saying if people like school-girl yuri they have bad taste in your opinion, people should instead read and enjoy the works of Nagashiro Rouge which you consider good taste. That's at least how your comment reads to me, which it seems a tad extreme if that's your intended message. Personally I like both school-girl yuri and the works of Nagashiro Rouge. I'm primarily commenting because I find it funny that my favorite Nagashiro Rouge story is the school-girl one-shot, "Top? Bottom? A Three-Round Bout!".

My personal ranking of Nagashiro Rouge's works starting with my favorite first:
1) Top? Bottom? A Three-Round Bout!
2) I Want To Leave Behind a Miraculous Love
3) Eiko and Leeza's Situation
4) The Heir of the Curse
5) The Second Unfaithful
6) Eve and Eve

Notably I don't hate any of them. I know most people probably disagree with my rankings and that's cool, this is only my opinion. From what I've gathered a lot of people would say likely "The Heir Of The Curse" is their favorite, or "Eiko and Leez's situation", both of which I enjoyed a lot.

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 1:22AM

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

I thought that they "lived" for a long near eternity, but it was only 86 years. The moral seems to be that casting off the body is incompatible with a human existance, and that they yearned to have that back, to change over the years as the couples they watched do. But I feel that reading is a bit, how to put it...

"this is how we are, so it is the best way"

My take is that that was more a bad decision on their end, deciding that they had to do so to emulate other humans
And since they were connected, whoever thought it probably infected the other with that thought

But overall their situation was anything but horrible. The mere fact they had enough control to effectively commit suicide shows that they had all the freedom. If anything, there was only one mistake in this story, really:

Keeping the sattelite pair near earth to record humanity

What they should have done is send them out instead, to record back to humanity at large. That would have been useful, would have allowed them to see things no human ever will, and never have this worry of "static" experience while comparing themselves to living humans

It is not a bad story, but philosophically, I disagree with the human status glorification it does. In that way, what this reminded me off was not an outer limits episode, but all those "regular person in fantasy world" stories where the human, in the end, discards all the magic to return to ordinary life. That mere thought is anathema to me, I suppose I'm transhumanist in that way :P.

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 2:52AM

joined Dec 4, 2016

I'm not exactly certain what you're saying, but I think the general gist is that you're saying if people like school-girl yuri they have bad taste in your opinion, people should instead read and enjoy the works of Nagashiro Rouge which you consider good taste. That's at least how your comment reads to me, which it seems a tad extreme if that's your intended message. Personally I like both school-girl yuri and the works of Nagashiro Rouge. I'm primarily commenting because I find it funny that my favorite Nagashiro Rouge story is the school-girl one-shot, "Top? Bottom? A Three-Round Bout!".

4) The Heir of the Curse
5) The Second Unfaithful
6) Eve and Eve

Notably I don't hate any of them. I know most people probably disagree with my rankings and that's cool, this is only my opinion. From what I've gathered a lot of people would say likely "The Heir Of The Curse" is their favorite, or "Eiko and Leez's situation", both of which I enjoyed a lot.

'The heir of the curse' has most clear defined conflict and satisfying resolved end so most people will like it. My favorite though it's author's NTR work, that Vivio x Nanoha doujin.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

. . . . . . Also, give me Lilith x Eve.

Exactly what I was thinking.

S-l500
joined Feb 27, 2018

Did anyone else laugh at the reveal of the two satellites smashed into each other?

joined Jul 23, 2017

Eeeh!? Its kinda sad (´・_・`)

joined Dec 30, 2013

Holy crap, Seven Seas picked this up!

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1042883155475267584

joined Jun 12, 2015

The best thing about this anthology is I Want To Leave Behind a Miraculous Love. Postapo yuri masterpiece!

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

darkchibi07 posted:

Holy crap, Seven Seas picked this up!

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1042883155475267584

From that announcement:

The Eve x Eve collection showcases six short stories by the up-and-coming creator Nagashiro Rouge, exploring the more intimate side of women loving women in different lives.

So this basically has all of the Nagashiro Rouge oneshots posted here so far?

Neat...

Edit: The Japanese version of the anthology, btw: https://comic.pixiv.net/works/4905

last edited at Sep 24, 2018 3:10AM

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

4) The Heir of the Curse
5) The Second Unfaithful
6) Eve and Eve

The best thing about this anthology is I Want To Leave Behind a Miraculous Love. Postapo yuri masterpiece!

I second this.
"I Want To Leave Behind a Miraculous Love" is truly miraculous. Yuri love transcends language barrier, human logic, space and time and whatever human haven't transcended yet. A true masterpiece.

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 5:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.