Forum › Eve and Eve discussion

joined Jun 5, 2015

Am i only one thinking out of curiosity that why they used brains/organs for achieving eternity? Would it be easier copy their both consciousness or brains into some sort of high tech machine/computer which can enter and keep multiple amounts of data instead of sending brains to space? And also like having virtual bodies or even real synthetic bodies. While the other couple is still living in earth the other consciouness is always living in space...

Just wondering xDDD

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

"Why would anyone choose to be a god over being a man? As a god, you may have power, but as a man you have freedom."
Substitute "power" with "longevity" and I guess you have the moral of this story? I dunno, I can't say I personally liked this one. As soon as I saw the disembodied brain I got the same intense feeling of discomfort and "Oh god I don't want to be here" that I had when both reading and watching "The Cold Equations." I guess the story was good in how it handled its message, but no way in hell do I ever want to even look at this again.

joined Aug 19, 2012

more sad about ending to The Heir of The Curse than anything else in this short. It's obviously the same characters

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 7:22PM

joined Jan 4, 2014

Nagashiro Rouge is quickly becoming one of my favourite mangaka. Odd? Yes, but coupled with a beautiful style and interesting stories. Feels a bit like a more realistic and somewhat toned down version of Dowman Sayman sometimes.

joined Jun 30, 2015

When I saw that they had been converted into satellites I thought for sure that it would've been a thing where they'd be sent out into the cosmos to explore space together, and that the focus would be on them increasingly finding solace in each other as they become more and more isolated from Earth due to the times and distances involved... or something like that.

Kinda disappointed where it actually ended up though. Since it almost seems like they made the choice out of selfishness ("Hey sweet we can love each other forever, and I guess we can do that record-keeping thing too."), which ends up taking some of the wind out of the tragedy sails. Furthermore the importance of their mission is never really elaborated upon, it doesn't seem like they do much more than what could be accomplished by launching a canister full of hard drives into space every so often (which has the added benefit of not having to worry about the privacy considerations of having 2 satellites spying on the entire world at all times) and the fact that the world didn't really seem to be too broken up about losing them. Also I wonder why you wouldn't just ask to come back, since humanity apparently has both man-machine interfaces and android tech. I just can't connect with them, did their desire for eternal love eventually just turn to obsession and finally drive them mad? Is that what I'm supposed to get out of this? All for this combined really just ends up numbing me in the end and preventing me from really feeling anything for this story...

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 7:53PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Satellite Yuri... Is there anything we don't have?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Satellite Yuri... Is there anything we don't have?

A "cyborg" tag, which IMO would apply to this comic as well as Heart Gifts.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 12, 2018

I'm totally lost at the moment they decided to become eternal

and one more thing, the long-haired girl at the end of the story, isn't that no. 1? but why she's with another girl and not with no. 2?

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 9:07PM

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

I'm totally lost at the moment they decided to become eternal

and one more thing, the long-haired girl at the end of the story, isn't that no. 1? but why she's with another girl and not with no. 2?

The girls at the end are characters from another story by this artist.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Tanaka Romeo or Katou Motohiro could probably made this story hella lot better, but overall I'm quite satisfied with this ending.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Nagashiro Rougue is a treasure.

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Lmao I imagine the face of the scientists reading lots of data about gay couples thinking "wtf more than 10 billion dollars spent in this project just for this information?"

Maybe those are the data that the scientists want. LoL

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Assuming this was created after https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_want_to_leave_behind_a_miraculous_love, I kind of wish there were no male doctors/scientists, as well as the male news guy at the end. That way all of Nagashiro Rouge's works could be spun in a distant all lady yuri science baby from alien technology world.

joined Sep 17, 2017

And this is why you should never give up everything else you have just for the sake of being with your so-called 'soul mate'. Like, I made it to the point of "we're undergoing crazy scientific experiment thing so we be together forever!" before going "Oh god no, stop that. Abort! Abort!"

joined Oct 26, 2016

Becoming immortal, and existing for eternity among the stars. Destind to be together, with the one you love, for ever, but just out of each other's reach. That sounds like a divine punishment from the gods. Honestly, who would choose an existence like that. To me that's a fate worse than death.

Yeah this is basically what I got from the story too. Plus the fear of finding out what would happen if their love didn't last forever.

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

Nagashiro Rougue is a treasure.

The decorative plastic treasure you see in an amusement park.

joined Oct 13, 2014

i really like that certain line. "maybe its love because theres a limit"

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I like how at the end Leeza all but turns to the audience and says “the moral of the story is...”

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Becoming immortal, and existing for eternity among the stars. Destind to be together, with the one you love, for ever, but just out of each other's reach. That sounds like a divine punishment from the gods. Honestly, who would choose an existence like that. To me that's a fate worse than death.

Yeah this is basically what I got from the story too. Plus the fear of finding out what would happen if their love didn't last forever.

Falling out of love, up there, would suck. It would be a total Paradice by the Dashboard Light scenario.

last edited at Mar 25, 2018 2:35AM

joined Oct 10, 2016

I like this. Although it is a little confusing, it's still interesting. I like that point of view.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I'm confused...

you're not the only one dude lol

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

i really like that certain line. "maybe its love because theres a limit"

nah,
if there's a limit, it's just a phase then.

I love the idea of everlasting love cuz that's how love supposed to be.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Say what you will, I liked it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

johnb posted:

True, the human brain is better at parallel processing, but I don't think it could handle the trillions of bits of data flooding in every second. Processing huge amounts of data fast, is why we invented the computer, in the first place.

Why are you operating under the assumption that the human brains involved make up the entirety of the computer? Having the ability to turn a disembodied human brain into a computer in the first place, we could certainly supplement that brain with additional processors and such in order to take advantage of the best traits of both.

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

more sad about ending to The Heir of The Curse than anything else in this short. It's obviously the same characters

Same..Shouldn't have read this.. Just gonna think that it is a different story..

To reply you must either login or sign up.