Oof, heavy

Kirika is Shirabe's sunlight, that's heartwarming ;_;

ununseti
Shiota discussion 06 Feb 15:06
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

On the last page:

Favourite XV episode/scene

When Kirika-chan's past was finally revealed in episode 14, I cried... (´;ω;`)

RIP ;_;

(I wish we had more episodes.)

ununseti
VAMPEERZ discussion 18 May 23:15
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Doctor_Hoot posted:

I won't get into the specifics, but I already forget the BIg Important Things unless I refresh those memories somehow (photos, videos etc.). And I'm just a millenial...

Also there's something to be said about experiencing things as if they were new.

Serenata posted:

Yes you forget but you can suddenly remember with a trigger but that's because the information is stored and ordered by priority of usage in the brain... But that storage has a limit .

That reminds me, in Doctor Who, the immortal character Ashildr gradually loses her memories from earlier in her lifetime because her human brain was incapable of storing millennia's worth of experiences.

Pyoro posted:
So I really don't see why anyone automatically assumes that immortality is some sort of curse. I'd take it in a heartbeat. ^^

Well yeah, usually being able to avoid death would be a good thing (don't have to worry about car crashes, plane crashes, etc.), but I'd be really hesitant to take on something like that if you couldn't undo the immortality. The permanence of no longer having that option is kind of scary, in a way. Exhibit 1: The Immortal Who Saw the Death of the Universe.

last edited at May 18, 2019 11:26PM

ununseti
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Bloom Into You stage play visuals: https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1120628473913954304

It looks like the stage play will run from May 3 to 12 in Tokyo, Zenrosai Hall / Space zero.

last edited at Apr 29, 2019 3:53AM

ununseti
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Apr 23:54
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

juanelric posted:

(https://i.imgur.com/sNUTWcF.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/Gqc9r0k.gif)

The art is really nice, and both the vampire lead and that guy are intriguing. I wonder if it will turn out to be an action yuri, personally I'm hoping so.

So far, the one vampire yuri manga I really like is Seifuku no Vampiress Lord.

Sparkle sparkle sparkle!

Also, that souns interesting. Might check it out.

The #1 most important part of being a vampire is tracksuits

Followed by milk

KangaNoodles posted:

First I thought 'pfffft, another vampire Yuri manga'(ummm, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't into the whole Yuri vampires trope tho teheh) and now..... I'm looking forward to the next chapter #stillwaitingonseifukunovampiresslordupdates

#whyamistillwaitingforthisworldtostophating #randomsonglyrics

ravenel posted:

Doctor_Hoot posted:

Author aside, I've not once read anything with lesbian vampires that wasn't seriously flawed in some way

I feel like an uncultured memeslut because the only things with lesbian vampires I can recall right now are Carmilla. Adventure Time and Homosucc.

There were two yuri manga about vampires that started like 2 years ago and you can find them here............ Both were cancelled (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Sorry to go off topic for a sec but Seifuku no Vampiress Lord was cancelled??

Apparently it finished at 28 chapters, but that means there's still a bunch of untranslated chapters

Norainhere posted:
During their first meeting, Ichika's too gay for Aria to be properly suspicious of her, to the point where even Aria notices (and is flustered by her).

Hm can she read minds or something?

Also, I loved how Ichika's reaction changed from Aria just kicking the "burglar", to full on cracking his skull open. She was like "Violence is hot, but not that much violence!"

I was trying to figure out why her reaction here looks so familar. Hitomi??

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 11:59PM

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Time stop shenanigans are pretty fun. I remember reading it several years ago, and I thought it was okay. The whole not-showing-your-true-face theme is kind of reminiscent of YagaKimi, in a way.

A good adaptation pace seems to be typically 2 or 3 chapters per episode (depending on chapter length). For comparison, in 3-gatsu no Lion (a fairly faithful adaptation that conveniently gives the episode parts the same names as their corresponding chapters), the first 12 episodes cover 25 chapters, or 2 1/3 volumes. 3-gatsu no Lion is published in Young Animal, a semi-monthly manga, where the chapters are typically 15~17 pages.

So there's probably enough for 12 episodes? Fragtime chapters seem to be typically ~24 pages.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 8:12PM

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Though sometimes, the events of a story are really horrific and it's hard to forget about it. My mind would just morbidly keep going back, craving some kind of closure that the actual story could never provide. I usually come across this after reading or watching something very heavy or emotionally draining (e.g. after reading something like 17 sai. or Tsumi to Batsu: A Falsified Romance or watching Game of Thrones or Telltale Games: The Walking Dead).

I think one coping mechanism that I end up falling into is to daydream all sorts of elaborate fantasies about how it should have gone, i.e., fix-its. Ignoring any nagging doubts about it being "too unrealistic", "too good to be true", "Mary Sue", "wish fulfillment", etc. because it's my own brain, I can do what I want! Wish fulfillment it is!

If the work is one with a sizable fandom, I try to see if there are any fanfics out there that put such fix-its in writing. (e.g. this fanfic is a favourite Danganronpa fix-it of mine :P)

Some other of my coping strategies:
- Sleep it off
- Play something mechanical, such as Go or Tetris (apparently, Tetris helps with PTSD)
- Channel Zetsubou-sensei (a silly manga), and proclaim loudly, "I'm in despair! OOO has left me in despair!"
- Watch some stupid funny videos—laughing is good for mental health (I recommend "Whose Line Is It Anyway" clips and "You Suck At Cooking" videos)

ununseti
Toki discussion 08 Mar 22:45
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

The similarities are more evident now. So it seems like Ryuuka's first impression of Toki was "Hamumu in human form"?

I'm reminded of this Misao x Yutaka fanfic, which has a similar idea but goes the opposite direction.

last edited at Mar 8, 2019 10:45PM

ununseti
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

1. denial
2. anger
5. acceptance

She'll get there soon enough.

last edited at Mar 8, 2019 10:01PM

ununseti
Still Sick discussion 18 Feb 18:38
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Chapter 4.2:

Nice grass uncle~

Watching these two trying to puzzle out social media is fun, although I'm suffering from a bit of second-hand embarrassment here...

I'm reminded of this Touhou fanfic where Renko and Merry become YouTubers to try and make money but their videos are just of them standing in a field talking for three hours.

ununseti
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Grail posted:

Is that an Arale reference? Boy I feel old

The titular character Arale also was told at the school she was going to that she can't be a human. After some brain in the gutter scientist creators over imagination and wacky Toriyama humor, the punchline of the chapter was you guessed it. No belly button.

This was the first thing I was reminded of.

Dr. Slump was a lot of goofy fun.

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

dying of cuteness right now...

This is great.

I support Lots of Misunderstandings tag

Wouldn’t we need the whole

Incomplete Understanding
Moderate Amounts of Misunderstandings
Lots of Misunderstandings
Insane Amounts of Misunderstandings

regime?

Which together = “yuri manga”?

Insane Amount of Misunderstandings
. . . How much use would such a tag even get, hypothetically? Like, it's not every decade we get a character that's completely unable to understand the concept of other possible explanations for what is going on, and mentally crafts bizarre narratives for everything.

Outside of, y'know, the obvious genre.

"To be used sparingly. Very sparingly."

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Crossdressing Maki. YES.

What are you saying, Koyomi, he could totally pull off that role :/

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Nene posted:

Then this happens:

(https://i.ibb.co/9Nj8TS6/01-02.jpg)

Which manga is this? o.o

last edited at Jan 20, 2019 12:32PM by Nezchan

ununseti
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Gamer40000 posted:

Oh, so her construction boss only reads manga about Mahjong. Pretty obvious which one it is, considering this is a yuri series.

The one with George W. Bush, Kim Jong Il, and Vladimir Putin in it? :^)

last edited at Jan 17, 2019 2:02AM

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Thank you all for the animation and art links. They're really lovely.

I love Minus, and I'm really sad that the original website is down now. (Looks like there are mirrors, though)

They calculated that it would be a year until it smashed into the Earth. But it seemed so far away that nobody really believed that it would happen.

Asteroid threat + procrastination = bad end. This reminded me of a certain cautionary tale.

ununseti
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

More Patchouli wholesomeness is always welcome

Agreed

Agreed x2

EDIT: found the bookmark

Dynasty Reader front page 2018-12-30

last edited at Jan 1, 2019 3:01PM

ununseti
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Risamari posted:

JUST DAMN TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF AND SAY "THIS IS THE REAL THING, DAMNIT"

Honestly tho this manga is so accurate on how helpless lesbians actually are, like even if miyuu did take of her clothes and make it abundantly clear, kano would still be like "idk is shes just being nice orr....

Yes, that's true. We are hopeless.

Kano recognizes the possibility of it being real, but she's so scared of being wrong and being hurt that she's consciously refusing to respond as if it were real, because it's safer that way.

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

craptree posted:

A Yuri Manga Like So Many Yuri Manga Lately With a Title That Is Longer Than The Actual Manga But Looks Interesting Anyway Because It Has Promising Words Like "Delinquent" In That Title.

You'd all read that one wouldn't you.

So would I.

Looks like the trend of having overly long titles for manga series is spreading to the yuri artists.

It's working though. I would read that...

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

FoxPaw posted:

The twist was a bit spoiled by the tags, but this was such a cute read anyway!

+1 cuuuuuuuuute.

ununseti
Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017

Cute and innocent and pure and wholesome Ucchi.

it's worth remembering that Ucchi was a normal girl at one point before Tomoko corrupted her before she fell in too deep.