Forum › Tremolo discussion

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Ugh why do 90% of old school yuri had one of the girl looking like a boy?!

This is repulsive tbh.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Would be nice if the author ever did a follow up (didn't see a date anywhere on it so no idea how old this is)

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I've got no problem with the artstyle and I don't think she looks overly 'boyish' either(not that it should matter for any person with an open mind). I'm only thinking I might have read this before, but late 90s/early 2000s stuff is pretty similar.

Is schools fixing grades for fear of loss of reputation a thing in Japan? What happened to entry exams?

joined Apr 25, 2017

The "I'll play around for a bit, but I like guys" thing is suck a cockblock... How is that in any way necessary... It's not yuri then... just some tease

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

The "I'll play around for a bit, but I like guys" thing is suck a cockblock... How is that in any way necessary... It's not yuri then... just some tease

I think the final lines made it pretty clear that they're going to end up together.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Even if Yumura likes guys too, and ends up choosing to be socially "straight" as an adult, her physical interest in Kurahashi is pretty undeniable. She's at least bi, even if she decides not to explore that part of herself in the future. I'm pretty fine with that outcome, if only because they specifically and consciously allow Kurahashi to reject that path for herself. For her, at least, it's not a phase, and they don't treat it as one. They might stay together, or they might not - but the good ending isn't contingent on their relationship status. They found something in each other that allowed them to understand themselves and their place in the world a little better, and the experience let them grow as people.

I guess that's satisfying enough for me because it didn't really feel like a love story? The love was the means, and not the end, so the fact that it didn't end with them conclusively together felt fine. I didn't feel as if the story tricked me into getting invested in their romance and their feelings for each other, so it was fine for the ending to emphasise their growth instead.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 1:59PM

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

The parents are rather awful but they made me laugh several times. Their depiction is great, they really help bring this story to life. Although the dad's 'secret method' makes me nervous...

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Even if Yumura likes guys too, and ends up choosing to be socially "straight" as an adult, her physical interest in Kurahashi is pretty undeniable. She's at least bi, even if she decides not to explore that part of herself in the future. I'm pretty fine with that outcome, if only because they specifically and consciously allow Kurahashi to reject that path for herself. For her, at least, it's not a phase, and they don't treat it as one. They might stay together, or they might not - but the good ending isn't contingent on their relationship status. They found something in each other that allowed them to understand themselves and their place in the world a little better, and the experience let them grow as people.

I guess that's satisfying enough for me because it didn't really feel like a love story? The love was the means, and not the end, so the fact that it didn't end with them conclusively together felt fine. I didn't feel as if the story tricked me into getting invested in their romance and their feelings for each other, so it was fine for the ending to emphasise their growth instead.

^This.

I was very satisfied by the conclusion.

edit: And Yumura's parents were great. They really did care a lot about Yumura and each other. (I wonder what that secret technique was?)

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 2:35PM

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Old school is the best, I hope see more this here!

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Incidental bisexuals deserve the same level of respect as any other LGBT individual.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Non-moe art ? Just pondering. Even though the old-school art had somewhat large eyes for everyone.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

A bit disjointed. Everyone is immature here. Even the parents.

And the conclusion is inconclusive.

I think there's some kind of life lesson taught here, but that was way too dull.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/001/420/Needles_and_Oranges_103.jpg There should be a page like that in some manga, but for bisexuals instead of (non-Japanese fellow East-) Asians.

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

But why did she have to reject her like that at the end saying she likes guys.... or was that just a joke?
Anyways I liked this one, it felt natural and realistic.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

This is repulsive tbh.

I demand yuri in which both of the girls look like boys instead! Not yaoi needs more content!

Town
joined Feb 8, 2018

This is repulsive tbh.

I demand yuri in which both of the girls look like boys instead! Not yaoi needs more content!

Truth! Butch girls need love too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Bring on the Butch Brigade!

joined Nov 7, 2017

Woof! That is a chin and a half...

Geez I loved this funny little story. It reminded me of my own explorations with girls and boys back in high school. It just felt... Real ya know.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I've got no problem with the artstyle and I don't think she looks overly 'boyish' either(not that it should matter for any person with an open mind). I'm only thinking I might have read this before, but late 90s/early 2000s stuff is pretty similar.

Is schools fixing grades for fear of loss of reputation a thing in Japan? What happened to entry exams?

that's something that pass in Spain too, one of my best friends, how he had normal scores, his school made him repeat (he and some people more). With that made, only the best of the best would be offer to make the PAU (something like entrance exams) so that school record would be hight. It's soooo hard to say, but that happens...

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 8:53PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Does the title have a meaning

joined Nov 26, 2017

Does the title have a meaning

That is also the same question that I have in mind.

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

The writing isn't perfect n the ending isn't what I would've wanted out of it, but it feels kinda natural, as though it were biographical to the experiences of the artist, n media that reads as a stream-of-consciousness memory is something I admire

Av
joined May 25, 2015

I personally found the last scene to be either a surreptitious or an unintended confession by Sanae, and her liking guys as just an impulse reply, at least considering the evolution of their relationship.

Sanae starts off only embarrassed by, and distrustful of, Kurahashi's attention, ironically saying hurtful things to her. Her parents' arguments keep reminding her of Kurahashi, what she must feel like not having that in her life. Finally, when the hurting gets turned on her, we find out she was lying about having thrown away Kurahashi's key.

Kurahashi's overt use of alcohol helps loosen Sanae's inhibitions and we learn, alongside her, that her curiosity was tinged with physical attraction; she admits to herself that she wants to see her body, and is the one to initiate contact.

Upon returning home the next day, Kurahashi's still fills her mind; even when her dad promises to give her pointers to make any man hers, the first thing that comes to her mind is Kurahashi.

Back at school, we see they are much closer, with Sanae accepting Kurahashi's request only placing limits for a practical reason. When their conversation turns into a heart-to-heart. Sanae reassures her that they will both find a special person, not man. Sanae's closing monologue also hints at it, how they will come to accept themselves.

All in all, I found this a wonderful coming of age story; we get to watch Sanae mature and become aware of others', or at least Kurahashi's, situation to the point of saying what's needed to show support or clear a bad mood.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

wut a disgusting ending
this is fiction,
let me be happy for fuck sake -_-

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

This is repulsive tbh.

First post best post

To reply you must either login or sign up.