Forum › Citrus discussion

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

And you still miss my point. At this point Mei's dream isn't inheriting the Academy or upholding the Family's tradition, her dream is to be with Yuzu but she can't forego that burden in the same way Shou or Yuzu could.

Mei lacks that courage to break from the traditions she was raised to believe. And she acknowledges her own cowardice in her letter.

joined Jan 22, 2018

@Dark_Tzitzimine

to be honest, I failed to understand that Mei choosing to cut-off Yuzu in her life is an act of being selfless.

joined Jan 22, 2018

And you still miss my point. At this point Mei's dream isn't inheriting the Academy or upholding the Family's tradition, her dream is to be with Yuzu but she can't forego that burden in the same way Shou or Yuzu could.

Mei lacks that courage to break from the traditions she was raised to believe. And she acknowledges her own cowardice in her letter.

I guess you missed the part when Mei told Yuzu in the letter that she wants to follow the path she chose. you know a path where Yuzu doesn't exist.

Mei said she was a coward for only leaving a letter and not telling everything to Yuzu herself because her resolve of choosing her dream over Yuzu will crumble. and not because she was being a coward to break her family's tradition.

either way. it only shows that Mei doesn't love Yuzu that much to leave everything behind.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 11:30PM

20190101_004014
joined Apr 14, 2017

There better be a good end.

Please.

joined May 24, 2014

There better be a good end.

Please.

No

Roll the bones

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YoE1SrWWyNA

joined Jan 28, 2017

fuck this shit im actually sobbing

joined Jan 28, 2017

This "ending" is actually so stupid honestly.

joined Jun 21, 2015

I thought there will be more closure in regards to their relationship post time skip. Either SU wanted to keep us on suspense or they're just lazy.
And I just found out that SU is a straight, married woman too. No wonder she's really bad at handling the characters.

joined Sep 25, 2015

The only thing that would save this shit show would be that Mei goes through with the wedding and when she meets Yuzu again, she'll go "Good bye (again) Yuzu and be happy with someone else, this is for you own good" to save her the suffering but then Yuzu kills herself instead making Mei suffer with guilt for the rest of her life for being such an autistic shitbag of a person.
Would make for a decent comedy ending.

joined May 24, 2014

Well yuzu's dance with lady luck didn't fare well, but such is the weight of circumstances

joined May 24, 2014

And I just found out that SU is a straight, married woman too. No wonder she's really bad at handling the characters.

Well she understands the weight of circumstances, for after all faith is cold as ice

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I totally understand Mei's PoV cause I am from Asia myself, where family traditions are everything(in most countries). But still WTF dude. This ruined my day.

I swear if the next chapter shows Mei married for years with a kid and they Yuzu still pines for her or something, I'm gonna break something. I just want them to end up together, WITHOUT this marriage bullshit, is that too much to ask?

joined Jan 22, 2018

How I wish I could say this heartache will be worth it in the end. I just don't really get how Mei could leave Yuzu like that after everything Yuzu did for her. well, I guess Mei is no different from her father and grandfather. they don't give zero f*ck for the people who has been there for them all these time as long as they could pursue their dreams and aspiration in life. man, Yuzu is too good for Mei. I can't believe that Matsuri developed into a more better character than Mei at this point in the manga, even after every sh*t she tried to pull because of how immature she was back then.

joined May 24, 2014

I just want them to end up together, WITHOUT this marriage bullshit, is that too much to ask?

Yes, it IS too much to ask. Why did it happened, you ask? Because it happened.

Roll the bones

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YoE1SrWWyNA

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 1:22AM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

XD Hahahaha!! This is why I left and returned only when the shitty drama was somewhat "resolved". XD I haven't read it since the aquarium date thing with the twin x Mei. And came back maybe three chapters ago lol Sucks to be anyone else who read it from beginning to shit end.

joined Jan 22, 2018

this manga turned into a more one-side or unrequited love. it's too unfair that Yuzu is the one who needs to suffer the most and also the one who will probably resolve this. I've never seen Mei actually do something for Yuzu other than probably hurt her a billion times before she could even say I love you to her. "love letter"? more like a reason for Yuzu to commit suicide or be miserable for years.

sh*t I shouldn't have read the latest chapter before watching episode 7.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 1:32AM

joined Aug 29, 2016

this manga turned into a more one-side or unrequited love. it's too unfair that Yuzu is the one who needs to suffer the most and also the one who will probably resolve this. I've never seen Mei actually do something for Yuzu other than probably hurt her a billion times before she could even say I love you to her. "love letter"? more like a reason for Yuzu to commit suicide or be miserable for years.

sh*t I shouldn't have read the latest chapter before watching episode 7.

Honestly, Mei’s confusion over her own feelings is very relatable. I over analyze my feelings into black and White standards. Anything I don’t understand I throw in a pile to give up or to become overwhelmed or to keep obsessing with it until I finally understand it. That’s what I do with math. I myself am finally opening up my own emotions too, instead of letting my analytic thought and self resolve of obligation run me dry first. The lack of communication is due to a Mei not being able to ever properly communicate her feelings, even her dad for all these years. No support. Mei did not just simply give up or bail on her love. You can reread that letter and see for yourself that she knows if she sees Yuzu again, that her resolve to stay away will crumble.
I’ve had this feeling before. Loving someone so much that you claim you can walk away out of their life, perhaps even being aware that you could possibly hurt them in the future. Just as long as they’re happy, doesn’t matter if it still because of you or someone else. You just want the best, making the decision that you’re a bother or a hinder or a bad thing to the other person and to remove yourself. But you can’t know it’s for the best for the other person. Some decisions can’t be made on your own. Sometimes it might’ve even been the perfect time to stay as a test. It was bad on Mei’s part to make this decion by herself, as she’s closed off again.

Yuzu always has thought of Mei first and she’s knows it too. Doing things without thinking first.... I guess Mei was trying to be like Yuzu but didn’t do it right haha. I really hope to god it’s not Yuzu that has to chase Mei again. I want to see Mei be a dynamic character. I have high hopes.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 1:59AM

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Hmm the more I see the anime the more I know there has to be a happy ending, why? Well,if NTR had one Citrus SURELY has to and who knows? Maybe Mei will realize things and make people feel she does value Yuzu.
Even if the author is straight and married, if she happens to give this a bad ending I am pretty sure that people would stop investing in the show $$$ and the anime producers wouldn't like that.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Lol followed this for 5 years. Getting on board the Harumin and Yuzu ship.

joined Jan 22, 2018

@BlueStallion44

nah' Mei is just being a selfish bish just like her father. I know that if Mei see Yuzu again, she will probably decide to back out from the arrange marriage but because she badly wanted it to happen. she decided to cut Yuzu away from her life. that's how f*cking determined she is to pursue her "dream".

I just watched episode 7 and no matter how much Mei shows more emotion here than on the manga. I can't still forgive her for leaving Yuzu.

joined Jun 13, 2017

I think the basis of hate Mei has been receiving is based on perspective, really.

I've adored Yuzu since the first ever chapter and I grown to love her even more now, with Mei though, there's something that never clicked with me and her. Maybe because I think she's an individual who refuses to love and be loved

Flip it around and you notice that Mei is misunderstood, she loves Yuzu, you cannot deny that she does, even says it in the letter in a subtle way. She was just being selfish all these volumes because she yearns for Yuzu's love but could never truly accept it and be with her because of her "dreams"(I call it an arranged obligation)

I do think Mei made a rational choice with the letter and then secretly leaving but I'm worried for Yuzu. First she's incredibly sensitive and probably had to deal with suicidal tendencies and depression when she recieved the letter and she'll find someway to interfere with Mei's "dream" again.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Flip it around and you notice that Mei is misunderstood, she loves Yuzu, you cannot deny that she does

Yes, you can. Shou left the school and his family to live the life that he wanted. Mei can't even leave the shitty school to be with the girl she loves, only explanation is that she never actually loved her in the first place.

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't know how people affirm Saburouta is married with children. There isn't any proof and info. It doesn't matter though but no, no info. The person who stated to have discovered she was married probably mistakes with Merryhachi. some reader made a confusion above in the thread with her and Saburouta, and people bought it and the misinformation expanded itself.

Merryhachi writes lewd Yuri but yeah, there was a little fit of anger in fans in Japan when they learned she was happily married, because very unusual to expose this information for a yuri author. Concerning Saburouta, she never ever gives personal info except in an interview on her old school crush who was a girl. She doesn't even post anything personal related contrary to Kodama and other Yuri Hime mangakas. So if people could stop posting misinformed info without any sources, that would be better for this thread.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 3:19AM

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

That is it? What a fucking mess I followed this Manga 4 Years only to have this cruel ending? I cant put my Anger into words Im fucking shocked I thought Mei would be Standing on her own feets and follow her heart but she did not I thought Yuzu Cracked Meis shill but she did not Nah Im not going to read anything of this Artist anytime soon Im even going to FUCKING Burn the Volumes I have at home

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

That is it? What a fucking mess I followed this Manga 4 Years only to have this cruel ending? I cant put my Anger into words Im fucking shocked I thought Mei would be Standing on her own feets and follow her heart but she did not I thought Yuzu Cracked Meis shill but she did not Nah Im not going to read anything of this Artist anytime soon Im even going to FUCKING Burn the Volumes I have at home

It is not ending. A chapter has been announced in Yuri Hime preview initially in March, but with the volume 9 being released, it has been postponed in April.
Kodama announced the last chapter when she promoted it (final chapter), Yuri Hime always announces last chapter one volume before. Saburouta only announced it as the chapter 36.
So no, the chapter 36 is not the last, people should read the thread a little and stop over reacting.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 3:38AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.