Forum › Posts by tenoh

tenoh
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Dealer just hit a haneman in my mahjong game and the "Love Scream" chapter didn't properly translate the ice cream pun ("ai scream").

violent North wind noises

Still mentally screeching about that. Nothing satisfied me so I just went "fuck it" in the end.

tenoh
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Sneaky Maruta (Glasses) conveniently "forgetting" her umbrella so she can get under Mitsuko's. It feels like Saburouta is pairing all the characters except Nene who's just there to bleed herself to death because of her delusions (even Himeko and Shirapon had some tease in the actual manga).

Imouto!Mei is weird/cute. I liked it and Yuzu agrees.

Chaosteam has their page on Facebook, you can try there

if its about giving citrus away I was just kidding :P

You misunderstood, thought I could give you guys some extra help since my irl job is in this field.

tenoh
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I've wanted to say this for a long long time...Chaosteam really needs to work on their TL and QC, whether it's their Japanese that's the issue or their English...or both. Especially their grammar. It has been /below/ subpar since they started covering the series. and all the other series they TL for. I'll give them credit though, they have improved slightly since they started. Slightly. The issues with their TL, QC (or lack thereof), and grammar is so jarring because the dialogue starts to not make any sense, not make sense for the character, for the context of the situation, character dialogue doesn't flow, author's feelings aren't accurately translated, etc, etc

Again, I'm not trying to be "ungrateful". I just believe in quality over speed and most importantly accurate translations and decent grammar. I'm not asking for perfection, I'm not perfect either. But when you see such simple grammar mistakes occur, it just drives me crazy. It's been like this since Chaosteam picked up the series..

we're sorry you feel this way,we are doing the best we can and we are doing it for free,we said before we are not professionals,
you can always read the seven seas translations though. we are just doing it cause we want to read it as well.
other than that we are just humble fans

also there's always the option of another better group taking over citrus to post on dynasty and we can keep doing our thing for citrus over facebook like before. just a thought. I mean if you think you can do better be my guest.

How can I contact you?

tenoh
Citrus discussion 20 Feb 16:16
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

i don't think most family in asia do these traditonal arranged marriage bullsh*t.

Most families do not, most upper class families do. Lower class families in general just expect their children to marry and have kids of their own, it is the upper classes that get rather particular on whom their kids will be marrying.

Yeah, omiai are still a thing.

tenoh
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

What in the fucking tarnation was this ending? Justice for Koko-chan.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 19 Feb 04:52
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

I thought there will be more closure in regards to their relationship post time skip. Either SU wanted to keep us on suspense or they're just lazy.
And I just found out thật SỰ is a straight, married woman too. No wonder she's really bad at handling the characters.

Not all yuri artists have to be lesbians or bisexuals, thơ a lot are, well some of the best.

Why did you know that Saburo Uta married? :O Wow that's so suprising.. :O

She's not, some people were spreading that rumor on another board but it was actually another yuri mangaka.

Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

age gap

Sold.

onee-loli

This is fine too, even though I'm more into JK/twentysomething girl.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 05:35
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

I cannot fathom two things: one, why are some people convinced that this is the last chapter? It is not. It's the last chapter of volume 9 (which will also have bonus stories, by the way, and most likely an afterword), yes, but there is a volume 10. So at the very least, Citrus is getting 4 more chapters. I personally think it'll be 12 volumes, though.

And two, the baseless rumor that Saburouta is a straight, married woman to somehow discredit her (?). Nevermind that most yuri authors are straight, married women, that was Merryhachi, by the way. This reminded me of when some tried to pass off a random Japanese woman's picture as Saburouta herself as an "haha, she's ugly! X author is so better looking!".

Weird shit.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 5:36AM

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 19:53
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

The author should just have ended the series this chapter and turned it into in a timeless yuri masterpiece.

It's funny that japanese readers are saying your exact words after the latest chapter, and I'm not even fucking around.
Culture shock indeed.

tenoh
Yurucamp discussion 17 Feb 19:36
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

"Spoilers": https://i.imgur.com/2f4KFnu.jpg

It was very clear to me even before seeing this.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 19:24
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

^
Man, Misuzi, how could you forget to fellate Nakatani? That's lazy and it has less impact this way. More punch, I say.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 7:25PM

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 16:09
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Citrus sure always manages to attract a lot of attention. And, as always, the reactions here are diametrically opposite from the ones that the Japanese readers had, that's pretty funny.

So thay are happy with this situation?

No, they're actually very sad about the situation the girls are in but liked the chapter in itself, especially because of Mei's POV.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 16:05
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Uh-oh, what do you guys think? Will Mei get married and Yuzu crash the marriage ceremony?

I don't think it'll get to that. On another note, I think it's weird that Ume (Yuzu's mom) hasn't realized what's going on between the girl after Mei told her not to say anything to Yuzu, and I wonder where she was going in this chapter (meeting with Mei, maybe?) and what Yuzu was going to tell her before stopping herself.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 16:02
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Even if it does become a happy ending... I just feel like the relationship didn't do anything to get there. Saburouta had an entire series to make it believable and she failed miserably at it. I'd be cool with this if there were say, 3-4 volumes left to go. But with only one 4 chapter volume left? Good luck making that work.

Are there only 3-4 chapters left????? How do you know that?

I think people are assuming because Saburouta pairs the volumes, and the next one (after the one that will be on sale next month) will be the 10th. Nothing has been said/confirmed.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 4:02PM

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:55
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Your comment remember me, the only reason she has to do this is because of her father, she has to do all this shit because her dad decided to do his thing and let a teenage girl have to shoulder everything. Regardless of if he loves her that is a giant dick move.

Yep. This. Very much this. For all the murderous hate I saw directed against the grandfather, people seem to give Shou a free pass. He deserted his own duties, and people seem to actually like that, but they never take the bigger picture into account. Not to get into the practical obligations families such as Aiharas have to their employees, and in this case students as well, because we covered that at length in previous thread pages, but suffice to say Shou's choice impacted a lot of people beyond just himself. Most importantly, his own daughter, who is in this predicament solely because of him. Also, his very existence is proof enough the grandfather is not that bad as people paint him to be, if he was, then Shou would never be allowed to leave, and this conflict would not exist. Still, Shou gets like, zero negative feelings as far as I have seen. He is an adult travelling the world in a philosophical search for himself, while his teenage daughter is left to pick up the duties he abandoned. Oh, and yeah, his leaving left Mei even more emotionally broken. That too seems to have been forgotten.

That is true. I've never seen anyone really complain that much about Shou. But also, I hope this means that Shou will somehow redeem himself in future chapters. Like, he finally returns after soul searching and traveling and hears about this and learns that Mei actually isn't in love with her fiancee. So, he somehow breaks the engagement off. I hope that happens. It'd be one of the few proper things he's done as a parent.

Shou pisses me off, and too many do give him a free pass. We know he was a very stern man, just like Mei's grandfather, and imprinted his world views on Mei since she was a child.
Then one day he had his sudden "revelation", made a 180°, became a hippy for the lulz (in the middle of a divorce, too) and asked a grade schooler about a decision that a little girl couldn't take. Saying that Mei should've gone with him is too easy.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 3:56PM

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:51
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

In the middle of the main plot, it looks like Glasses got Mitsuko. And Matsuri had a growth spurt, other than being now a first year at the Academy.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:36
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Please don't let Mei fuck the fiance!... I feel like i have to write this 10 times and then sacrifice a goat over an altar to Satan, so that, for the price of my soul, my wish will come true

That won't happen.
Japanese fans loved this chapter (while being sad, how could they not) because of Mei's POV, and they're very hopeful. As I said earlier, completely different reactions.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:17
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Is chapter 36 the last one?

It's not.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:12
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Btw, how long was the time-skip? A year?

Six months.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:01
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

someones badmouthing Mei,another ones badmouthing Yuzu another badmouthing SU.people here being so rude.I have never seen any sites or groups in which people are so rude.

There are plenty of people here who like the manga. Negative feedback is just more readily posted than positive ones. Tbh dynasty scans is pretty mild compared to some other sites out there. Part of the reason being gatekeeper Nez-chan. (Thank you for your continuous work and effort.)

Saburouta has already received death threats from (western) fans. Go figure.

tenoh
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 14:55
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Citrus sure always manages to attract a lot of attention. And, as always, the reactions here are diametrically opposite from the ones that the Japanese readers had, that's pretty funny.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:57PM

tenoh
Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Sayaka is way more interesting than the mains. They've become stale very quickly.

Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

Codependant.