Forum › Childhood Friend Yuri(?) discussion

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

A5PECT posted:

In Japan it is illegal to have hormones or surgery for being transgender if you are under 21

I'm guessing people can skirt the law by having procedures done outside of the country.

Also, I don't see any direct, explicit evidence for this story to take place in a particular country (or point in time).

Last but not least, it's a fictional narrative.

Most popular is Thailand, given it's close relative proximity to Japan, not to mention being trans capital of the world.

Thailand is reasonable. On my end, got the weird vibes on the uniform. LOL... Just remembering "The Mistress"... and highly probable, this story is not situated in Japan. It's the door... LOL..

Hm? I thought she said she's not when the short hair girl asked her if her a trans? Right at page 1.
P/S: The boyish childhood friend turned out to be a girl remind me of this, it's het tho.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJUr8cfVoAEZBYk.jpg

I think she is asking if she got the operation, you know, "cut" the little guy down there.

Yip. The little guy is still down there...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/childhood_friend_yuri#3

Check out that bookshelf. Yuri XXX!? I guess we know what they did after this.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Trans-Yuri, you say?

... eh, close enough! This was way too cute to argue any sort of technicalities.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I don't understand the milk box with a straw. Can someone please explain?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

asking if her breasts are real?

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

EvilDevil posted:

asking if her breasts are real?

^

joined Jan 4, 2014

This person has a nice artstyle. It kinda reminds me of Homura Subaru.

Thought it was BruelDatria at first.

Me too actually. At least somewhere in the middle of melting from the cuteness.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

oh, if not for the tags i was thinking she was a girl who dressed like a boy when she was a kid, like in prism

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

oh, if not for the tags i was thinking she was a girl who dressed like a boy when she was a kid, like in prism

It is pretty easy to read it that way. The "cut off" line could be taken as "I never had one to start with" and the end could be read as "Wouldn't you rather have a guy?" with "A woman is what I want" in reply. With the exception of the milk line and the kind of insulting "(?)" in the title, I can see how you'd get that impression.

But I think I like it better this way.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

In Japan it is illegal to have hormones or surgery for being transgender if you are under 21

The other pixiv image this author had shows they meet/this story happens in 大学 or college.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It is pretty easy to read it that way. The "cut off" line could be taken as "I never had one to start with" and the end could be read as "Wouldn't you rather have a guy?" with "A woman is what I want" in reply. With the exception of the milk line and the kind of insulting "(?)" in the title, I can see how you'd get that impression.

https://twitter.com/garunstudio/status/950667195930955781

There's more, and this one is pretty obvious.
The artist isn't japanese, though.

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Aww super cute! I think I saw this floating around earlier and I'm glad it made it's way on here

joined Jan 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/garunstudio/status/950667195930955781

There's more, and this one is pretty obvious.
The artist isn't japanese, though.

While that one is cute too, I just saw one of the earlier ones for this series, and now need to try to get rid of the massive grin on my face: https://twitter.com/garunstudio/status/885459770294939648

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

Since people keep asking about the setting, the author stated the dresses they wear are Thai college uniforms. Given that the author is, himself, Thai, it would stand to reason this is in Thailand.

last edited at Jan 11, 2018 8:37PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

So fucking cute! Lesbians accepting trans girls is so cute, I love it.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I wanted to say "FUCKING CUTE!!!", but now it would seem like I am just copying Royce. ;_;
This was awesome in so many ways! Why the question mark in the title, though...

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I wanted to say "FUCKING CUTE!!!", but now it would seem like I am just copying Royce. ;_;
This was awesome in so many ways! Why the question mark in the title, though...

The first time he posted it on twitter, it was that marriage montage with a question "is this Yuri?". Most japanese answers were positive and he made more, so I feel like he was testing waters, seeing what the yuri fanbase would think.

So the (?) is probably to avoid triggering the people who are not okay with it. I don't know about thai, but japanese people usually try to avoid conflict in the internet (at least on Twitter and pixiv), and considering he ignores the few posts saying it's not yuri, he's probably the same.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Short and sweet... Awesome.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Hm? I thought she said she's not when the short hair girl asked her if her a trans? Right at page 1.
P/S: The boyish childhood friend turned out to be a girl remind me of this, it's het tho.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJUr8cfVoAEZBYk.jpg

Looks cute enough, may I ask you the title of this?

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 6:23PM by Nezchan

6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

Cute as fuck! I'm crying!

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

@Shynaku Poor summer child lawyer?

The title appears to be "Osananajimi ni Najimitai", by Araido Kagiri.

Thank you!

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 5:30PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, stop.

The facts here are as follows. The characters here are presented as two girls. One is trans and hasn't (yet) had surgery. They are still presented as both girls. It's yuri, full stop.

Your own hangups because you don't consider trans women to actually be women is your own character flaw and you can leave it at the door.

As to the rest of the discussion, I think we can leave it for now. It's clearly not convincing the people who have dug their heels in that it isn't yuri, and in the end this is supposed to be a discussion about a lovely, cute couple.

Me%20toooo
joined Feb 9, 2014

this is cute!!!! im very happy to see that people accept transgirls in yuri!!

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Fucking Cute!!! <3

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

I don't even give a shit :)) Love is Love and they're so cute too ~

To reply you must either login or sign up.