Forum › Met My Sister on a Dating Site discussion

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

God exists!!

And she's gay!

MADOKAMI BANZAI!!

CONVERT TO HOMUISM NOW YOU FILTHY HERETIC!

You're the only heretic here, not accepting Madoka as the one true savior.

Homura is the true god, you filthy ningen.

Homura is the biggest heretic of all. She knows it so well that she keeps punishing herself. Forsake your false goddess and accept Madoka's gentle embrace in your heart.

Forsake the true god Homura who endured endless looping punishment for her love and sacrificed everything?

Never!

She endures only the suffering she herself creates with her selfishness. Let go of this false idol and rejoice in the eternal gentleness of the true savior, Madoka.

wut u all talking about? Pico is the tru goddess!

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

So Tsu hate incest that's why she left..
OR she the one kiss hana and got busted..

cant believe it, there's someone out there who hates incest

2cc6881f7148b61f96cb296bb854ff55
joined Mar 27, 2016

So Tsu hate incest that's why she left..
OR she the one kiss hana and got busted.

I doubt its the former. In the one-shot, she wanted to kiss Hana but decided against it to see what would happen. Which is why this is really weird. Maybe Tsubomi's just testing the strength of their relationship? That would make the most sense.

joined Mar 27, 2016

Tsubomi better have a good backstory or a change of heart. Otherwise, she's just a crab in my book.

Shes jealous that her girlfriend loved her own sister more than her, it's why they broke up in the first place. And from the looks of it incest is just as taboo there as it is in real life, so her reaction makes perfect sense.

Incest being taboo in the Mochiverse isn't really a thing, unless you meant in Japan? At the very least, incest doesn't seem to be THAT much of a taboo. If you don't recall, at one point the sisters were interviewed and broadcast on national television and the interviewer appeared to be really into the idea of the sisters going out. Which makes this chapter super strange, seeing as this most likely takes place AFTER the Yuri Family one-shot. Why is Tsubomi suddenly against "sis-cons" when her entire family is made up of them, and the one-shot showed that she's also one? Doesn't really make much sense.

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 2:17AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Tsubomi isn't really against sibling relationships, she was just angry and hurt that Ayumu liked Sayo more than her while they were in a relationship.

Also the last lines reminded me of this:
https://youtu.be/o9sA3JYmrvA?t=1m43s

joined Dec 20, 2016

I'd argue that the Yuri Family oneshot doesn't fit into Mochi canon anymore. It's retconned.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Tsubomi isn't really against sibling relationships, she was just angry and hurt that Ayumu liked Sayo more than her while they were in a relationship.

Agree, also she just tried to call her before, probably hoping to get back together again. Of course its bitchy, but she just realized again she just was the second choice while Daidou was her first choice. I totally can understand her behaviour and I guess she ended up crying after she was out of sight of them.

Anyway, suprisingly a very serious dramatic tone in this chapter without any hint of comedy.

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 4:05AM

joined Mar 27, 2016

I'd argue that the Yuri Family oneshot doesn't fit into Mochi canon anymore. It's retconned.

Not really retconned. Just takes place before Yuri Natsu. It makes sense as Tsubomi is still living at home and Hana looks younger than she does in the newer stuff.

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 5:11AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Tsubomi better have a good backstory or a change of heart. Otherwise, she's just a crab in my book.

Shes jealous that her girlfriend loved her own sister more than her, it's why they broke up in the first place. And from the looks of it incest is just as taboo there as it is in real life, so her reaction makes perfect sense.

Incest being taboo in the Mochiverse isn't really a thing, unless you meant in Japan? At the very least, incest doesn't seem to be THAT much of a taboo. If you don't recall, at one point the sisters were interviewed and broadcast on national television and the interviewer appeared to be really into the idea of the sisters going out. Which makes this chapter super strange, seeing as this most likely takes place AFTER the Yuri Family one-shot. Why is Tsubomi suddenly against "sis-cons" when her entire family is made up of them, and the one-shot showed that she's also one? Doesn't really make much sense.

Pretty sure the interview chapter is the non-canon one since they probably would have brought it up that they told everyone about their relationship. But here they act like it's still a close secret they haven't told many people about.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Na, they didn't tell everyone - it still fits ok tho - coming out on a local cable channel doesn't need retconning, it just means their parents / friends were not watching. They said at the time, I hope they are not. (Though I don't think they'd care too much since they have also said before they want to tell their parents and friends.)

As for what Tsubomi said - It would make sense she would still be upset about it all if they broke up because her gf liked her sister more while they were dating and she realised she was a stand in.

But there could be more to it too - why did she try to call her - to see if she wanted to hook back up? Maybe she too has fallen for a sister and wanted to talk about it but lost her cool when meeting her rival so suddenly?

Either way half the stuff she said didn't make much sense to me - she said you can't have babies or get married - but that equally applied to THEIR x relationship - or ANY future ones they both have - being sisters doesn't change that.

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 5:58AM

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

Tsubomi is hot so I hope she appears in her own manga and probably ends up with her sister.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Ooh. That was a bit unexpected! Tsundere Tsubomi. ;)

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Either way half the stuff she said didn't make much sense to me [...].

That tends to happen when you're angry and desperate. You say anything/everything you can just to hurt the object of your anger. I'd wager it's even worse when love comes into the equation, she' probably in mode "if I can't be happy you shouldn't be happy either" or "if I have to suffer, there's no reason you shouldn't suffer as well".

Generally, people that are angry are also in distress in some way, like Korath said, she probably cried and felt really depressed afterwards; this is supported by the fact she tried to call her beforehand. Mochi does nice dramas, I wish there were more of it, or more Mochi in general. Thank you Stan!

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Tsubomi is hot so I hope she appears in her own manga and probably ends up with her sister.

All her sisters are already taken by their other sisters. Yoh and Miki and Kuki and Hana (And trust me, you don't want to be between Hana and Kuki, you just don't).
Her only chance are one of her cousins... that's if they're not already dating each other.

And it's pretty funny seeing Tsubomi using the incest card. The only member of the Kagaya family not dating a sister.

By the way... I still love Sayo's expressions!!

Isn't the most adorable thing?
And both her attire and hairstyle really suits her.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Tsubomi doesn't really hate incest. Ayumu is just that good, which is why she's jealous

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SeifukuGirls posted:

I hope she ends up with truck kun... Or Truck Chan just to keep the yuri.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Wow!!! Just... WOW!!!! Tsubomi was downright evil here! Plus how her pupils contracted into that evil glare! I do not think Mochi ever wrote a character this close to being a villain (or at least, as far as a 'villain' in a silly slice-of-life romance story goes). Damn, I want more of her! Also lol, she is in for a whole series of (for her) unpleasant surprises when she gets back home. Unless this really was just her being jealous.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 5, pg 4, "so could please stop looking me" should be, "so could you please stop looking at me"

joined Sep 28, 2015

Damn what a chapter. At first I wanted to write her off as a bitch just like Sayo said, but considering who her family is, and that her ex also ending up admitting to having feelings for her own sister, just makes me want to see more of Tsu's situation and how she got that way.

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

How did people realize again that tsu is from the Kagaya Inn family again? Did she appear in a previous chapter?

joined Jun 19, 2016

How did people realize again that tsu is from the Kagaya Inn family again? Did she appear in a previous chapter?

Well, they mentioned multiple times in "Met My Sister" that the ex's full name is "Kagaya Tsubomi". We also have seen a character named "Kagaya Tsubomi", who looks exactly like this Kagaya Tsubomi, appear in the Kagaya Inn oneshot (can't remember if she's appeared in the full series). We've also known all of Mochi's works take place in the same universe and share characters for a long time now.

So connecting the dots...

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I feel like Fight was the correct answer in this situation. Probably sneak attack knuckle sandwich.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

can't remember if she's appeared in the full series

Second panel, the family photo of all of them when they were kids. Tsubomi is in the middle. This is so far the only time she appeared in the serialised version, as far as I am aware of.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Tsubomi is interfering with sister yuri! She's dishonoring the name of Kagaya! Hana is disciplining the wrong sister!

She clearly has residual feelings for the protagonist. Extremely obvious.

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 4:36PM

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

You know, Tsu, all those awful things you said about sibling relationships... those are things people have said about same-sex relationships over the years too. That's it's disgusting, that they can't tell anyone about it, that they'll regret it, that it won't end well... yet there you are, being a jealous bitch because the girl who was once your girlfriend chose to be with someone else instead of you. You have no problem being in love with another girl, despite it being something many people would condemn, so why should either of these sisters give a damn what you think of their relationship?

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 4:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.