Forum › Catcher in the Rhyme discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This one hit close to home. Mostly because personal experience confirms that friends who don't give a shit about how they come across are great for a self-conscious, depressive person. Utter irreverence helps you not give a shit, too, and gives you the strength to climb out of your shell.

last edited at Dec 14, 2017 5:06AM

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Holy shit this is amazing

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

RPPuzzle posted:

T/L Note at the end of the first chapter:
"It's a surprisingly Woke series tho, as you'll see if more gets done??"

Don't get your hopes up people, the translators may not continue >_>. This is so amazing and great so far though.

Guess it won't continue unless someone commissions it: http://akibadetectives.tumblr.com/post/160565273210/scanlationtranslation-commissions-may-2017

Oh yah, this was a commission release so it depends, if the same person pays for more or if someone else pays... and I gotta say, translating a rap yuri can't be easy. If someone is willing to help they should check the website.

I personally really liked this, specially that 10/10 reaction

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ren is a perfect ten out of ten!

Anime when?

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This looks very unique, but at the same time, a series so focused on language means that I'm basically reading a different series than what a Japanese reader would. Unsure how to feel about that.

You should feel totally fine~
Otherwise, you could never enjoy the opera with a fine libretto, Dante's Inferno will forever elude you, and you'll miss all the imagery in the Kokinshū. And that's just no way to live!
Anything you read, even in a mythic perfect translation, would be a completely different experience for readers of different countries and backgrounds, this is just one other factor. And those works, in their non native languages, have been massively influential.

last edited at Dec 14, 2017 11:42PM

LonerReaderForever
Once%20upon%20a%20tym
joined Jun 3, 2017

I love it XD

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Make manga about music is so...silent.

joined Jun 12, 2012

This is some Alphonse Mucha shit.
also this is so silly lol

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 8:33AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The problem I have with a series like this is that songs and raps really lose a LOT when you present them in comic form. So I end up in this situation:

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Lol. I almost spit out my water.

They rap better than all of the Lil whatever's that are popular right now. I don't know about Japan, but dudes like Joe Budden and I guess Eminem made dark and depressive rap work, so I think she should run with it.

Not "all" of them.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 10:13AM

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Loved the art!
Really good of their part
Now I gonna barf.
Like a really loud kart!

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

The problem I have with a series like this is that songs and raps really lose a LOT when you present them in comic form. So I end up in this situation:

I had a similar reaction. I'm still intrigued, though.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

(http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1513347166.jpg)

Tbh, I think it isn't even something specific to songs. Most series that deal in some way with other artistic mediums require a bit more of suspension of disbelief from the part of the reader. Not to say that the authors can't be talented in multiple fields, but it's difficult to find someone skilled in drawing, writing comics as well as writing novels, poetry, music...

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

They rap better than all of the Lil whatever's that are popular right now. I don't know about Japan, but dudes like Joe Budden

i know this is a yuri site but i really wanna mention that Everyday Struggle is my favourite BL series out rn and i recommend it to everyone who enjoys KyouSaya doujins

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This made me snort and relate. I like.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

They rap better than all of the Lil whatever's that are popular right now. I don't know about Japan, but dudes like Joe Budden

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQVsDvzW4AAaMMy.jpg:large

i know this is a yuri site but i really wanna mention that Everyday Struggle is my favourite BL series out rn and i recommend it to everyone who enjoys KyouSaya doujins

To quote my favorite vine: I am confusion.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 7:48PM by Nezchan

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

This was awesome. Premise is partly fresh. And art and characters are great.

...and for the past few days I've been listening Creepy Nuts for some reason. And I don't even like rap or hip-hop. Or understand Japanese. I'm impressionable.

joined Oct 15, 2014

Looking forward to this

joined Oct 16, 2016

I wonder who manages the tags about this here on Dynasty, this is not yuri series, checking the raws it's basically all-girl series about playing in the club and also having a male trap person added to the cast later.
Why to force a yuri tag on it while subtext or yuri crush tags already exist?
I made a suggestion to change it but of course it was rejected.
Who does such evil thing to Dynasty readers?
Why to misinform people?
it's just CGDCT with added trap male club member series without anything really yuri happening in it, there's no kiss, love confession, romantic situation, it's just blushing and maybe you could stretch it for a yuri crush tag, but that would be weak since the series is not really about romance, but a rap club.

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

the title should be Doki Doki Rap Club

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Well. Ok then!
I like where this could be going. Early spoken confirmation of attraction if not down right confessions of love are really what I like best when it comes to this genre. And the one here was ahem. 10/10.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I wonder who manages the tags about this here on Dynasty, this is not yuri series, checking the raws it's basically all-girl series about playing in the club and also having a male trap person added to the cast later.
Why to force a yuri tag on it while subtext or yuri crush tags already exist?
I made a suggestion to change it but of course it was rejected.
Who does such evil thing to Dynasty readers?
Why to misinform people?
it's just CGDCT with added trap male club member series without anything really yuri happening in it, there's no kiss, [love confession], romantic situation, it's just blushing and maybe you could stretch it for a yuri crush tag, but that would be weak since the series is not really about romance, but a rap club.

I dunno, saying you think your friend is a "ten out of ten" sounds like a confession to me, or at least puts yuri on the table.

GUYS, UNLESS SOMEONE PAYS THE TRANSLATORS 18£, THERE WILL BE NO MORE TRANSLATIONS OF THIS MANGA! Look: http://akibadetectives.tumblr.com/post/160565273210/scanlationtranslation-commissions-may-2017

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 4:40PM

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

This manga has all the clout / without a doubt / Hot fire comes out every corner / read it loud / see ya friends? Tell 'em come join ya / "Catcher in the Rhyme" here to put it on ya

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

They rap better than all of the Lil whatever's that are popular right now. I don't know about Japan, but dudes like Joe Budden and I guess Eminem made dark and depressive rap work, so I think she should run with it.

Not "all" of them.

Most of them can't even string together a coherent sentence and some of them will tell you out their own mouth that they couldn't care less about being talented rappers.

I was just saying not "all".

To reply you must either login or sign up.