Forum › Pink Strawberry discussion

joined Apr 25, 2017

Can someone tell me if it´s worth reading? I cant take any more depressing mangas

joined Oct 13, 2014

Can someone tell me if it´s worth reading? I cant take any more depressing mangas

its...interesting? bittersweet? something

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Seemed like the manga was going to be a typical cute childhood friend type thing but then...
"I've gotten married." NANI!?

joined Mar 5, 2017

hell, but it's good xD, you can always by her side, if her husband not notice you

joined Jun 12, 2015

Original Mental Illness Girls Love Anthology

O_o

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 2:08AM

joined Sep 9, 2016

O_o

My thoughts exactly.

2cc6881f7148b61f96cb296bb854ff55
joined Mar 27, 2016

Never really understood the Japanese mindset of getting married and having children, even if that isn't what you truly want. Traditionalism is lame, and so is the chick who got married in this one-shot.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Yeah the concept of the story seems really old-fashioned....but I suppose there are old-fashioned type people...?
((The dialogue was rather tricky to me, like , who was saying what...anyone else?))

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Ryouko seems like a really bad influence. Seri should use the power of the internet to find out she's not alone and doesn't have to be with a married, cheating woman who didn't even choose her. e.e

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

cheating

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

The ending could have been much better....or much worse.
Arg...

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

What a delightfully fucked up relationship.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

I guess when you're so lost in your own misery, you'll take any joy you can find. Be it pure or immoral. ☹

joined Sep 11, 2014

It's not depressing per se, but it's really not worth it imo. It's like "The Love Relationship Between Mai-chan and Ecchan" (or as I like to call it, "The Terrible Relationship Between Garbage-chan and Ecchan"). It's just plain stupid.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 3:00AM

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Never really understood the Japanese mindset of getting married and having children, even if that isn't what you truly want. Traditionalism is lame, and so is the chick who got married in this one-shot.

It's family pressure, Asians family and the communities itself are pretty tight, there are the good and the bad that comes with it. Most of them who are married don't look for love, they just look start a stable family, they might love their significant other, but not "in love" and that's enough for them. Being Asian and traditionalist myself, I would most likely get married to a guy and settle down; despite being bi.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 3:16AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

oh. okay I guess. Not every story can be happy, but I wish cheating wasn't the ending here.

joined Sep 20, 2017

Okay...so she's just going to cheat on her husband with the high school girl?

There was no NRT tag on this.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

O_o

My thoughts exactly.

I wonder if the whole anthology is devoted to unhealthy relationships, with a title like that. Given that the other translated one-shot from it involves self-mutilation...

joined Oct 21, 2013

There was this one episode on some Japanese talk show where guests from various parts of the world were shocked and perplexed to find out that the Japanese there considered looking for a lover and looking for a spouse as two separate things. They said they look for financial stability and not love when it comes to finding a spouse, while they may not ever have any intention to marry when looking for a lover.

Likewise, the Japanese on the show were incredulous that the foreigners considered their lovers to be the one they eventually would marry. When someone said they'd do whatever it takes for their partner to achieve their dreams, even if they have to financially support them during that time, one of the Japanese said something like "He's a bum! Don't marry him, kick him out!"

Ss%20(2016-08-30%20at%2003.24.35)
joined Sep 26, 2016

It's family pressure, Asians family and the communities itself are pretty tight, there are the good and the bad that comes with it. Most of them who are married don't look for love, they just look start a stable family, they might love their significant other, but not "in love" and that's enough for them. Being Asian and traditionalist myself, I would most likely get married to a guy and settle down; despite being bi.

I wouldn't even say it is exclusive to Asian families and communities. One of my best friends is in a relationship like that, with a guy who is fine with her having flings with a ton of girls because she prefers girls so much more to guys. She just kind of gave up on having a real relationship with another girl because she had a few who didn't treat the relationship seriously, despite her track record with guys up until this last one being just as bad. Which seems kind of weird to me, as one of her best friends, who is currently in a happy lesbian relationship next to her, but it was her choice really. It can happen outside of Asian Communities for different reasons really, but they probably are the ones who have this happen more often compared to others.

joined Aug 15, 2015

It is definitely not restricted to Asian culture.

I live in CA and the first person who ever told me a similar story is my English professor. He had a wife and 3 daughters until he found someone who was happy with him. His wife and daughters knew and also were also supportive. His wife divorced and allowed him to marry the man he loves. He said his biggest achievement was proof reading his eldest daughter college admission essay about growing up with a gay father.

It is understandable for stories like these to trigger range of conflicting emotion. For me personally, it makes me question whether a relationship like that is twisted or that my understanding of love and marriage, which normal culture and media have taught me, itself is twisted.

As for Mental illness just in case anyone take it literally:
None of the character in this one shot nor the author is in such state.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 5:38AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

So, this made me feel bad. I should have stopped reading, when she kissed the kid and I had a bad feeling.
Let's move unto something where people don't just use people however they please.
Art was good though.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I should have looked at where this come from since the one written by Yukiko from this anthology had me scarred. I got too excited seeing Haruzo as the artist :(

joined Sep 11, 2014

I should have looked at where this come from since the one written by Yukiko from this anthology had me scarred. I got too excited seeing Haruzo as the artist :(

What kind of story is it? I might put off reading the entire anthology if that story is as bad/ worse than this, and this is already quite bad.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

someone in this has mental illness for sure, I'd wager my bets on it being the author though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.