Forum › Pink Strawberry discussion

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I should have read this first before A Kiss and White Lily :( how am I gonna take out this bitter taste it left me T.T

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 5:41AM

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

Bruh...

joined Sep 4, 2016

Feel sorry for the husband in this case. Cheating is bullshit. Everyone gets a happy ending, except for the guy who is providing for everyone else. What a garbage story.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Feel sorry for the husband in this case. Cheating is bullshit. Everyone gets a happy ending, except for the guy who is providing for everyone else. What a garbage story.

I'd argue that he's the happiest of them all, since he doesn't have to suffer the crippling doubt and self hatred that plagues the two women.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Agh, what the fuck.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'd argue that he's the happiest of them all, since he doesn't have to suffer the crippling doubt and self hatred that plagues the two women.

Well, in the moment, this is true. And the next moment we consider is him discovering that the person he has entrusted his household and a considerable chunk of his life to has been lying in his face for a long, long time. No matter how you look at it, cheating hurts.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Cheating bitch.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

As soon as I saw that "mental illness" cover I knew where this was going...

I don't think the author is the ill one, though. I may be wrong, but I got the feeling they tried to convey this thing as something that should not be "the normal thing". I like fluffy yuri, too, but not all sad or twisted stories are bad per se, if they aim to convey a message or highlight social problems.

Still, I am glad that I for one did read that before "A Kiss and White Lily"... :) (sorry LustGreed)

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

"I'm like you too"

Sure, bitch, cuz having telling a girl you are a lesbian and then turn out bi is totally 100% lesbian. Ugh.

One of the worst trope.

Waste of fucking time.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

And what tell us this story? Right.. It's ok to cheating with a girl.. .lol xD

Rsz_14qxlprthgc
joined Feb 3, 2016

Well that was a bit depressing.. I was expecting this to have some sort of happy ending.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

And what tell us this story? Right.. It's ok to cheating with a girl.. .lol xD

If that was a question directed to me:
I'd say the story shows us that pressuring people into traditional marriages is bad because it gives asshats with a weak character (Ryoko) a welcomed excuse to basically exploit the loneliness and depression of vulnerable young people who are in the process of trying to find their place in life (Seri).

I mean, I could have some compassion with Ryoko here, depending on how it was for her specifically, we unfortunately don't know that. There's probably a point for most people where they crack under the pressure and just go with what's expected of them. I could even fathom them getting a "fuck it" attitude and acting egoistically from then on (and start an affair), though I wouldn't like it. But damn, to take advantage of a young girl who obviously did her damn best to survive in a homophobic environment, a child you once took care of... Man, that's dark.

So I am not saying Ryoko isn't responsible or to blame (as I said, some redeeming factors could be present, but we don't know). She might be a shitty person and Seri will probably eventually suffer the consequences. However, that doesn't make the story necessarily bad. It's just sad.

Or I am completely off here and the author just likes to torture readers who expect some fluffy, happy yuri with a kick in the gut. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, a propos kick: That kick Seri gave the guy was awesome. I certainly liked that in the story, he had it coming!

Edit: I just realized it could sound like I was somehow pissed or offended by LittleWind's remark. I am not! I didn't take this as critique or something, just something you might have asked to me specifically. Even if not, I felt like I could explain my previous post a little better. Being sick at home gives me time today. :)

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 7:25AM

joined May 4, 2013

So homophobia and Seri's trusted friend picking the side of those perpetrating it is the main culprit here? There's too little background on the bitch.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Ghost in the Shell posted:

Oh, a propos kick: That kick Seri gave the guy was awesome. I certainly liked that in the story, he had it coming!

That was the only redeeming factor in the end, at least in my opinion. That was a very unsatisfactory ending.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Someday I will start to feel bad for the husband

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Morally bad story (for whatever that means) != bad story. Same with despicable character != bad character, etc.

That said, if, from what I read, marriage in Japan is probably similar to having your driving license and does not (most of the time) involves sentiments. Sooo, is it really bad to cheat in that context? There are of course some legally stuff like you are actually agreeing to some kind of contract, but I do wonder if this could be a case where we're projecting too much of our western morals on a Japanese story.

Or it's just supposed to be some kind of sweet, forbidden love that is just morally wrong nonetheless.

Edit

Original Mental Illness Girls Love Anthology

Well, it really suits the first posted series of the anthology, a very good kind of fucked up story!

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 8:57AM

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

hey look, it's another garbage story

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I will take a different route. The ending you know?... bubble gives off a lot of possibilities.

1. the husband may not be clueless. He knows what is Seri-chan to Ryouko. Thus, he was intrigued and very curious. His business trips may also entail that he is meeting a same-sex lover as well.
  2. Ryouko plan to move back and bought a house hoping to be with Seri-chan. So, the park meeting was intentional not coincidental. Confirming that Seri-chan felt the same, she resolved to transfer.
  3. It could be that Ryouko entered to an agreement with her husband(already in a same-sex relationship) to lift the stress and interrogation of parents(esp. mother) about settling down and having children with this kind of arrangement and told about Seri-chan.
  4. Part of the agreement is to live away from parents to avoid interrogation from both families. Remember Ryouko's family moved out also because of the father's job. It could be that Ryouko live in the same neighborhood as husband's.

These are all possibilities inspired by real life journey of a Chinese woman who is in a same-sex relationship. She helped young Chinese generations because of non-acceptance of same-sex relationships. The article was part of a documentation on LGBTQ.

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

Just another day of people getting worked, brother. God damnit, some people just don't realize that the drama tag entails a controversial story. If you hate the manga then hate the genre not the ducking author. Manga doesn't exist to entertain one self-absorbed gullible fool

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

And this is why, as I got older, I decided that Poly relationships seem to work much better in the long run if everyone is up front about it. Otherwise, you end up with fucked up one-sided relationships where either the husband is a disposable ATM machine or the wife is little more than a broodmare.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 9:02AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Ackerman posted:

1. His business trips may also entail that he is meeting a same-sex lover as well.
  2. It could be that Ryouko entered to an agreement with her husband(already in a same-sex relationship) to lift the stress and interrogation of parents(esp. mother) about settling down and having children with this kind of arrangement and told about Seri-chan.
  3. Part of the agreement is to live away from parents to avoid interrogation from both families. Remember Ryouko's family moved out also because of the father's job. It could be that Ryouko live in the same neighborhood as husband's.

If this stuff is true then it definitely could have done with some actual hinting at it cause with what we have it's only speculation and nothing more. It also seems to be incredibly unfair to Seri who despite her love for Ryouko seems to see Ryouko marrying a guy as her being no different than the other girls. Something which could be solved by Ryouko actually explaining things.

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 9:07AM

joined Sep 4, 2016

I will take a different route. The ending you know?... bubble gives off a lot of possibilities.

1. the husband may not be clueless. He knows what is Seri-chan to Ryouko. Thus, he was intrigued and very curious. His business trips may also entail that he is meeting a same-sex lover as well.
  2. Ryouko plan to move back and bought a house hoping to be with Seri-chan. So, the park meeting was intentional not coincidental. Confirming that Seri-chan felt the same, she resolved to transfer.
  3. It could be that Ryouko entered to an agreement with her husband(already in a same-sex relationship) to lift the stress and interrogation of parents(esp. mother) about settling down and having children with this kind of arrangement and told about Seri-chan.
  4. Part of the agreement is to live away from parents to avoid interrogation from both families. Remember Ryouko's family moved out also because of the father's job. It could be that Ryouko live in the same neighborhood as husband's.

These are all possibilities inspired by real life journey of a Chinese woman who is in a same-sex relationship. She helped young Chinese generations because of non-acceptance of same-sex relationships. The article was part of a documentation on LGBTQ.

How you can make that many assumptions over a single page of a manga is beyond me. How you were able to come to any of those conclusions based on the very limited story is also remarkable.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Can someone tell me if it´s worth reading? I cant take any more depressing mangas

Not really. All boys are presented as violent assholes- After the MC is in high school, her first female love returns, but she is married, and 2nd but still cheats with MC on her husband. So yeah, if you find that stories super awesome, go read it. :> If there is a dislike button for uploaded stories, Id hit it. :>

This story feels like, if the author is a closet lesbian and was forced to marry someone and unleashes her anger through this manga by implementing every cliche. -.-

last edited at Nov 14, 2017 9:27AM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I utterly hated It.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Who said he's unhappy who says he even wanted to marry her who said he himself isn't looking for someone else. It's Asian culture it's vastly different this itsnt an American story about how this guy loves her. Marriage in Asia is more about stability girls marry a guy who can support them and the guy just goes along with it generally. The guy himself he probly knows fully what's going on and simply dosent care there are people like that everywhere and applying your own feelings to any character fictional or real is pointless.

To reply you must either login or sign up.