Forum › Their Story discussion

I'm not sure BUT WHO'S THAT GURL ASKING FOR THE RESERVED-FOR-QIU TONG, SUN JING??!?!?! O_o

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

We have seen that QT is lonely and has very few friends. So, when SJ said she liked her, but that it shouldn't change their friendship, she was more than happy to keep her as a friend.

SJ said that she was pursuing QT, she never said she was going to stop doing that. QT has known SJ's final goal this whole time.

This scene here, if I were in QT's shoes, would make me reconsider how SJ views me. A potential lover or a property? Is QT a child? Can't she talk for herself and eventually politely reject the guy? She's infantilized in the relationship.

And, again, that is just a gross overreaction. Lover or property? Come on, that's just insane. Even if they were on equal ground lovers why do you expect SJ not to say anything? Either way you can't expect SJ to sit there quietly, are you suggesting that SJ should be the child instead? That she shouldn't talk for herself? That she shouldn't tell other people that she is pursuing QT?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Lol, not overly fond of that kind of statement myself, but the fact she rushed the guy from behind, forcefully pulled his chair, positioned herself like she did, then delivered the line is what makes this an overreaction for me, personally. Like, who does that? I certainly never saw people expressing possessiveness like that, and I know some fairly possessive people. Just weird. Also, the reason I dislike the statement itself is the fact Nya mentioned above, they are not dating. Yes, QT is aware of SJ's feelings; yes, they are gradually getting beyond being mere friends; yes, this is the endgame; yes, I root for them; but, at the moment, they are not a couple. So, the proper way (my personal view, just saying because I can already sense the attacks) of dealing with this would have been to let QT handle it, and reject the guy. Honestly, this scene reminds me of when SJ confessed, and that was also a scene I disliked.

I'm not sure BUT WHO'S THAT GURL ASKING FOR THE RESERVED-FOR-QIU TONG, SUN JING??!?!?! O_o

Open the previous page of the thread, we discussed it there. Short version is: a girl who is a fan of SJ, possibly has a crush on her, and has been appearing here and there since the beginning.

Edit: Also, should we not use the black bars here?

last edited at Oct 26, 2017 3:41PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

OMG, it's happening...

Attention spoiler...

https://imgur.com/vN7EXuj

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 1:40PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YEEEES YEEEES That's the best spoiler I've received in my entire life!

joined May 21, 2015

Oh my yuri goddess! O_O new chapter on tumblr :3

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 2:22PM

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

FINALLY god dammit

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 5:27PM by Nezchan

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

About goddamn time, Qui Tong.

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 5:27PM by Nezchan

joined Apr 15, 2013

Just back from the yaoi-blcd tumblr and, holy hell, I don't know what to say. Wait, screw that, I want to say "finally" and then jump up and down for a bit.

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 5:28PM by Nezchan

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

YOOOOOOOOOO OHBOI

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh my God! I want to cry and scream and smile too HELP

joined Sep 6, 2015

Well, all that dislike I had for the scene at the party went away now. "If one day you have someone that you like, please tell me." This was what probably did it.
The kiss scene was just awesome~ Part of me wants to say 'took you long enough, QT', but on the other hand, the gradual, inch-by-inch way she fell in love made a refreshingly realistic portrayal, and I quite enjoyed it. Since many aspects of their daily interactions looked couple-like for ages now, I wonder will there be any noticeable change in their general behaviour. Well, apart from lots of handholding that is bound to ensue.

Also, lol, the fan girl did not play any part in QT having her realisation moment. All that foreshadowing, for literally nothing. I mean, I can not see in what way she could get involved now, even as a mere tool for one of the mains to get in touch with their feelings. Though, the sadist in me is somewhat disappointed we did not see her reaction when SJ displayed the obviously-in-love-with-someone-else, while brushing off the girl in a way that made it clear she is something of an afterthought in SJ's mind, at best.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hold your horses a bit people. It's just a kiss

Doesn't mean it's over and done and they can now go to / random country allowing gay marriage / and tie the knot.

I think the author has some more drama and comedy in store.

Now, I think they will go back the yaoi part.

joined May 21, 2015

Also, lol, the fan girl did not play any part in QT having her realisation moment. All that foreshadowing, for literally nothing. I mean, I can not see in what way she could get involved now, even as a mere tool for one of the mains to get in touch with their feelings. Though, the sadist in me is somewhat disappointed we did not see her reaction when SJ displayed the obviously-in-love-with-someone-else, while brushing off the girl in a way that made it clear she is something of an afterthought in SJ's mind, at best.

I totally agree with you. I was hoping pink hair was put there to make QT jealous and make her realize she likes SJ too. But hey we never really know what Tanjiu's thinking and look she gave us something we never wouldve expected lol XD After 2 years, we finally have a kiss and what is more satisfying for me is that QT made the first move :3 Now, i wonder what will happen next.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

Hold your horses a bit people. It's just a kiss

Doesn't mean it's over and done and they can now go to / random country allowing gay marriage / and tie the knot.

I think the author has some more drama and comedy in store.

Now, I think they will go back the yaoi part.

No one is saying is over... but yeah I can see another basketball match incoming

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I kind of think this would have been a stronger story if QT didn't end up returning her feelings. From the start it seemed to me that SJ aggressively pursued QT while QT clearly wasn't interested. Am I just a downer? Normally I'm all for the main couple, but I see my friends irl try to do what SJ did over and over again and it never ends well.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

^End game was foreordained even before the webcomic started. With the illustrations and al.

But SJ's behavior was unacceptable at times, I agree.

joined Sep 6, 2015

^^I rooted for them since the beginning, and at this point it would have been actually somewhat weird if they did not end up together, what with practically acting couple-like for ages now. Granted, it still could have been pulled of, if presented right, like QT being as affectionate as she was because that is how she acts towards close friends, for example, and it would play nicely with SJ's feelings if she mistook this affection for romance.

But yeah, what Nya said, it was obvious from the get-go how this would end. Though, I also agree SJ's behaviour was annoying and unacceptable on occasion, from my perspective. Apart from this latest scene at the party, one I particularly disliked was the confession itself.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

Now that the moment we’ve all been waiting for is out of the way, I do think that there’s going to be a whole wave of new drama. I was kind of proud reading the new chapter, of Qiu Tong but also of me because I was patiently sitting through 145 chapters waiting for one small thing to happen.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Now that the moment we’ve all been waiting for is out of the way, I do think that there’s going to be a whole wave of new drama. I was kind of proud reading the new chapter, of Qiu Tong but also of me because I was patiently sitting through 145 chapters waiting for one small thing to happen.

For me it feels like the whole thing was kinda dry in drama. Everything that hinted at some long winded drama just got brushed aside quickly in favor of random flirting or aggressive flirting. The whole thing kinda lacked meat but seeing as how the chapters are not long at all it's able to hold my interest for a few pages at least. If we do get some drama I actually hope it is meaningful and dosent just end with oh well now watch these two be dorks.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Fuck all that "It's a very controlling term". I'm just happy that she got kissed. Hehehhehe

joined Aug 28, 2016

I kind of think this would have been a stronger story if QT didn't end up returning her feelings. From the start it seemed to me that SJ aggressively pursued QT while QT clearly wasn't interested. Am I just a downer? Normally I'm all for the main couple, but I see my friends irl try to do what SJ did over and over again and it never ends well.

(putting this outside of spoiler tags now that the relevant content is on Dynasty)

On an intellectual level I want to agree with you, but, well... a similar set of circumstances is how I ended up with my current girlfriend. We'd been friends for a while, she made a pass at me, I shot her down for various reasons, she accepted it and didn't directly make another move but made it clear she was still interested and flirted sometimes, I eventually decided it'd be fun to start flirting back, and things escalated from there. So while it's not something I'd recommend (and honestly, things were pretty weird between us for a while until we sorted out just what our relationship was), I guess I can't say that something like this can never work out.

I agree with those who are glad QT was the one who actually initiated the kiss in the end, though. I think in a situation like that it's important for the one being pursued to be allowed to make the next move, if it gets made at all.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Whoa! What? How? When?

joined Jan 8, 2014

Awesome! Hehe, fountain backdrop too ^_^
Downside....no more pages for now...
Upside "mop head" is all gallant ;p

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Mop head is a good guy, Qiu Tong took the next step. Nice!

To reply you must either login or sign up.