Forum › Double Bind discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

wtf wtf wtffffff

jesus emi dump her don't take that shit

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Thanks for all the discussion guys. Now I'm convinced to skip this one.

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

Well, I didn't like it, but it's something new and refreshing, so that's good.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I never said that Mayu realized that what she did was wrong.

You literally said that Mayu was told that what she did was wrong, that in itself is wrong. The manga ends before that happens.

I said that she was told that what she did was wrong, I never said that she realized that it was wrong.

I'm not talking about what happened after the manga. I'm talking about Emi alloying Mayu to just waltz into her home, hang out with her and then had sex. She already took Mayu back.

That wasn't "taking her back", Mayu asks Emi to hang out with her for a bit and Emi reluctantly says yes (keyword: reluctantly). Then Mayu starts making out with Emi and has sex with her. That was basically Mayu taking advantage of Emi's feelings.

Except she never says that she caused her stress, she just acts astonished, she never actually told Mayu that she was wrong.

She describes her experience with Mayu as being "tossed around", it's basically another way of her saying "you manipulated me" or rather "you wronged me".

Yes, like an actual adult would have. An actual person would have questioned their lesbian girlfriend why they were dumping them for a man, they would have gotten upset, they would not have let them into their apartment right after the break up, they would have told them to go fuck themselves.

After a break-up yes It would make sense to be upset, maybe even mad, but if the person whom has broken up with you suddenly comes by your place It'd make more sense to assume that maybe they'd provide an explanation why they broke up instead of just telling them to go fuck themselves.

last edited at Nov 4, 2017 3:13PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

It's not realistic, it's melodrama. It does not make any sense why Emi would accept the break up with a smile, it doesn't make sense that she doesn't say ask about her lesbian girlfriend deciding to go out with a man, it doesn't make sense that Mayu would just show up to hang out, it doesn't make sense that Emi would allow her without saying a word. Even in the most toxic relationships one person at always asks "why".

I wanted to carry on with this, but Purple Library Guy has said it much more thoroughly than I even intended to, so there is little room to expand my argument any more.
You are quite prone to absolutes, I must say. No, people do not always ask "why" in toxic relationships. In fact, people rarely ask anything when breaking up, even in non-toxic situations, is my experience, and if they are the type who would take their offending lovers back, they tend to ask questions even less. You would be amazed what people can stomach if they feel like they could not bear to lose someone, regardless of any sense or reason, and Emi certainly shows shades of this mentality. You are fixated on seeking 'sense' in something that rarely has any sense in real life to begin with.

joined Apr 7, 2017

Dang this was tough... Shoutouts to all the ladies that have been through this. I really don't want to hold anything against bisexuals but things like this manga happen far too often

joined Apr 26, 2016

@Nezchan can one of these stories in the bisexual tag have the bi girl not be the bad guy plz
God as a bisexual homoromantic it is so annoying

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@Nezchan can one of these stories in the bisexual tag have the bi girl not be the bad guy plz

Hey, I'm not writing them. And I'm the opposite of you, so I find them annoying too.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Maybe in a story where both are bi?

joined Apr 26, 2016

Sorry just the lie of bi cheating thing leads to horrific consequences such as Amber Head and Johnny Depp (look at the biphobia after the attack like one Aussie journalist said don't marry a bisexual)

joined Apr 26, 2016

Btw nez you're amazing

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

What a cunt the blackhair Girl is

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Aw! Sorry to hear that. If I ever do any stories I will be sure to keep this in mind. Some one mentioned this a while back and I plumb forgot about it.

I did like this story though. Pretty good description of what it's like to be stuck on someone. At least she ends a relationship before going on to another one rather than cheating. Relationships are messy and some continue even after cheating has occurred and been found out. Wouldn't know the stats on this though but if at least one returned to good health I don't think you can say it "never happens."

joined Feb 2, 2018

I mean, this is showing us something like, a real situation out there IRL. She hurt her girlfriend there, it's gonna be a lesson, and her girlfriend hasn't stopped loving her, why not give another chance ?

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

It's not realistic, it's melodrama. It does not make any sense why Emi would accept the break up with a smile, it doesn't make sense that she doesn't say ask about her lesbian girlfriend deciding to go out with a man, it doesn't make sense that Mayu would just show up to hang out, it doesn't make sense that Emi would allow her without saying a word. Even in the most toxic relationships one person at always asks "why".

That's funny. I could assure that this is close to reality. This actually happened to me. Tho I am that shitty gf. I might have done something more horrible than what Mayu did. But I got another chance and I'm still enjoying it until now.

Liking or disliking something like this won't change the fact that story like this also happens in real life. Each people have their own stories. It's not just all about fluff and sweet stuff. I cannot change what already happened between us but at least we learned something from it and appreciate each other even more. We don't live in the past but rather use those experiences and move forward. Shit happens and it's really up to people how they will continue their story and I think that's what life is all about. That's reality.

85af8296-a13b-494e-810e-ae41815d00fa
joined Jan 19, 2016

Ehh, not a fan of this kinda story. I personally needed more story where the character could stand up for her own sake when dealing with this kinda bullshit.

Like that scene in Aoi Hana, which cemented Aoi Hana as my top ten, in both anime and manga.

#facts. Lol

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is a great little oneshot. It almost doesn't work specifically because it's a oneshot, it would be much better if given the room of something that went 2-3 parts. That would allow us to get a look into Mayu's head, which would bring the character interactions together in a more meaningful way. I tried to write more but it didn't come out right, so I'll just leave it at that.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

eh, i wanted them to go seperate ways in the end, but the other part of the story was pretty neat, pretty nice overall

joined Jun 7, 2017

I always got the vibe that Emi never expressed herself much in this relationship. I felt like Mayu telling her she fell in love with a guy was a sort of test based on how her face looked when Emi was just like, "Okay" to breaking up.

I've seen this in other manga, and in real life.

I think Mayu walking back into Emi's life was another test, but for both of them. Mayu wasn't happy, but her interpretation Emi was fine either way.

I'd like to believe her, "Tell me" at the end was simply because that's what she wanted all along. I'm not saying any of this is healthy, but it is how I've always interpreted it.

I prefer to think they figured things out somehow with open lines of communication.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I always got the vibe that Emi never expressed herself much in this relationship. I felt like Mayu telling her she fell in love with a guy was a sort of test based on how her face looked when Emi was just like, "Okay" to breaking up.

I think Mayu walking back into Emi's life was another test, but for both of them. Mayu wasn't happy, but her interpretation Emi was fine either way.

I'd like to believe her, "Tell me" at the end was simply because that's what she wanted all along. I'm not saying any of this is healthy, but it is how I've always interpreted it.

I prefer to think they figured things out somehow with open lines of communication.

This interpretation paints Mayu in an even worse light than playing revolving door with Emi.

Honestly, I am not sure I'd be able to even hold a conversation with her after this stuff, I'd be too terrified of getting hurt again.

joined May 3, 2014

NOP hard NO! Mayu done goof and realize what she did was dumb, now she is back to try an fix it :/ there is no test of anything, don’t even see were you go that weird idea because you communicate with your partner if there is something you wanna know not conduct “weird test” since the one to “grade” or decide if the test fails is herself, but it makes no sense any way with how the story was written

joined Apr 16, 2022

This is a pretty unique oneshot precisely because we never get to see inside Mayu's head. There are actually ways to interpret her character to make her at least somewhat sympathetic -- for instance, it seems to me that she thought Emi wasn't invested in their relationship, which is why she never understood just how much pain she caused her until the end. But because this oneshot is locked so securely in Emi's PoV and ends right as they're about to have their first real conversation, the reader is encouraged to view Mayu precisely as Emi does, which makes the hate for her unsurprising.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

She should have slapped her really hard. Quitting her girlfriend just for a little crush.

joined Aug 6, 2023

I just need an explanation why she broke up with the dude and why she dumped the girl. I mean there must be a reason "she fell for the dude" isn't a clear answer. Let's say she just wanted to be "normal" cause her family was suggesting her to get a man, and that's why she did it. And the reason why the dude broke up with her was because she couldn't go with the idea of having sex with him, she tried but she couldn't and that's why he dumped her. If that's the reason then because of family pressure then Mayu is dumb.

Now if Mayu did it because she just wanted to then she's a btch, and Emi is dumb because same situation may happen again.

I want to believe she dumped Emi because she was pressured by her family to get a man. But still I'm doubting because of the fact Mayu was crying over the break up with the dude. Idk I wish it could have been a bit longer and detail

joined Aug 6, 2023

This is a pretty unique oneshot precisely because we never get to see inside Mayu's head. There are actually ways to interpret her character to make her at least somewhat sympathetic -- for instance, it seems to me that she thought Emi wasn't invested in their relationship, which is why she never understood just how much pain she caused her until the end. But because this oneshot is locked so securely in Emi's PoV and ends right as they're about to have their first real conversation, the reader is encouraged to view Mayu precisely as Emi does, which makes the hate for her unsurprising.

Yea, just what I thought. Author never showed Mayu's side of the story, and because of that the reader tends to judge her as the "bad girl" let's say

To reply you must either login or sign up.