Forum › A Divine Love Alone discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

All recent yuri anime have sold terribly.

Lets not lie, they sold terribly for a good reason. As great as Sakura Trick was for the starved Yuri community, in the end it did offer little but the kisses.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In the end it all comes down to money. You've got to support what you love.

Keeping in mind that the relevant sales of Tsubomi and other magazines is domestic Japanese sales. So not really something those in the west can really affect all that much.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

All recent yuri anime have sold terribly.

Lets not lie, they sold terribly for a good reason. As great as Sakura Trick was for the starved Yuri community, in the end it did offer little but the kisses.

Too true! They can't blame us for not buying if they're going around picking the wrong Yuri. It's like they want to dip their toes into the Yuri pond and see what the water's like but we ain't gonna bite without proper commitment, and that means givin' us more than a half-series that doesn't deliver much in the way of relationship development and depth!

I feel sorry for Akuma no Riddle as well, that story had potential but the anime's ending feels so rushed that it was, ultimately, completely unsatisfying.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So to get back to A Divine Love Alone for a second, I was leaving it off to read all at once because I was getting confused at all the similar-looking characters. Should I actually bother with it, or go read Kase-san again?

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

So to get back to A Divine Love Alone for a second, I was leaving it off to read all at once because I was getting confused at all the similar-looking characters. Should I actually bother with it, or go read Kase-san again?

I would read Kase-san again myself but then i did read A Divine Love Alone all the way thru... . I suppose that if you're up for reading a good set-up for a story that's only the beginning, skips past the middle and doesn't have a proper ending then go ahead. If not then don't bother.

last edited at Aug 12, 2014 5:51PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Let me set up a little chart...

|Do you wanna see hugs?| |You don't care about hugs?|
kase-san || kase-san kase-san || kase-san
kase-san ||_________________|| kase-san
kase-san kase-san || kase-san kase-san
kase-sankase |Re-read Kase-san!| kase-sankase

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Not sure about the ending, but at least the art was nice. Thanks, Yuri Project!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

from yuri project:

Several updates concerning this series to wrap things up:

Chapter 7 received a major update to include 2 missing pages from the middle of the chapter
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_divine_love_alone_ch07#15
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_divine_love_alone_ch07#16

Chapters 8-10 were updated to reflect the change in page numbers (only the file names were changed, so feel free to ignore this one)

reader has the updated pages so it should be fine.

last edited at Aug 16, 2014 9:40PM

joined Sep 12, 2014

Kinda sad it ended
I really liked this series

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

As much as the ending disappointed me, I don't think the manga itself was that bad. Sure, for a manga based on threads of fate and relationships between people (romantic or just friendly) things really didn't go anywhere, but it was a cute journey. We got some feeling from it all, we managed to find a cute OTP to follow and be disappointed at not happening in the end. I mean, if it really was all that bad we wouldn't have been disappointed, would we? And if we go by the "accepted rumour" that it was cancelled and thus had to end it here like it or not we really could've had much worse than we did.

All in all, 7/10. We didn't get to see the desert, the main course was half-finished, but the starter was satisfying and interesting enough.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

An ambiguous ending but I still enjoyed the series.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Finally got to sit down and read the whole thing as one complete story, rather than separated chapters, and the ending seemed perfectly fine to me. No particular dangling plot points, no change in pace from the rest of the series, people and gods come to understandings with each other and life keeps rolling on.

Totally not seeing what people are complaining about, it's a sweet slice of life story with an appropriate, if relatively open, ending. But even that is in keeping with the series' style so it works.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Why it has to end???

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Where's my Satoka x Shiori?! T_T

Seriously though, I'm agreeing with Nez-chan two posts up. Take away the yuri tag and this becomes a wonderful little slice-of-life story. Don't let expectations get you too worked up.

...Even if the childhood friends should totally be the OTP. <.<;;

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

it feels like I'm the only one who liked the ending :(

You're not the only one, my friend. Seriously I liked the ending. Kotori is still an unexperienced god, so of course she wouldn't know anything about how the human mind works. She isn't aware that if you wish Person A happiness, Person B would be in despair. It all cancels out to zero. (Like Chika x Kotori x Satoka) So I was really glad that Hiwa and Kotori became friends and also she asked for her guidance too!! That would really maintain balance as such the other one severes bond, the other is a matchmaker.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

Ah dang. Finally got around to reading this one and I feel robbed of the initial promise of those warm, warm god hugs. I was way too invested in the divine hugging of Satoka x Kotori to be content with god forever chasing after an uninterested middle schooler.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well that's s bit... Like the secret world of ariety. Why is it that japan is ok with not getting closure?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well that's s bit... Like the secret world of ariety. Why is it that japan is ok with not getting closure?

Japanese fiction is traditionally open-ended. There's a long literary tradition and a lot of older mangas (see Urusei Yatsura for a good example) were similar in that they'd not so much end as stop. Often without really resolving anything. So I imagine readers there are pretty accustomed to it.

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

It seemed to be about friendship and loving your fellow man, but yet not... what a mess, but I still liked it for all it's cheerfulness, the spiritual stuff and all the huggs, so much huggs! The tag sure didn't lie.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

It was a meh ending but I liked the art

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

It’s funny. For all the characters proclaiming to “love” each other, I never really felt any romance between them. None of them ever seemed to want that love to grow into a relationship, poly or otherwise.

On the flip side, “Not A Lizard” has yet to use the word love once, and is still stuck as subtext, but the characters clearly want something to grow between them.

last edited at Oct 8, 2018 11:47AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ummm.... this was kinda boring, 4 chapters in and I can't even anymore... like can't even get invested in the characters, cant even remember thier names and can't even see any kind of plot thickening. Its like porridge but its manga?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Maybe it’s because I read it all in one sitting but I liked this story a lot. Kotori, Sotoka, Chika, Shiori, and Hiwa are all interesting characters that have multifaceted personalities, and we get to see each of them interacting with and learning from one another.

Seeing Kotori’s (and to a lesser extent Hiwa’s) development throughout the series as she tries to understand human emotions is really interesting direction to go. Seeing her go from being innocent and pretty much an air head to being a little more aware of her own feelings and struggling with relationships that can’t be mended and jealousy is fascinating to see.

It’s hard to say that any one character is the protagonist, they all just happen to be living in the same time and place and we see them all interact for the short window of time the manga reveals.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

...although I do feel like some of the angst could be solved with polyamory.

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

...although I do feel like some of the angst could be solved with polyamory.

I think her attempts at and failing to tie the red string to both Chika and Satoka saying that it wasn't an option

To reply you must either login or sign up.