Forum › Posts by Scytheprincess

Scytheprincess
joined Sep 12, 2014

This is a great comic but it should be noted that
No one asked the artist (Kuma) if this, or any other one of Kuma's art that is on this site if it could be put here.

I'd love to know where you got your information. I asked Kuma back in June if she would be okay with this and she said it was "[her] pleasure" for her to work to be shared with others (Note: This comic was uploaded under another artist's name by accident long before I even knew who Kuma was). I'd gladly screencap it for you if that didn't feel like a somewhat icky thing to do.

If she for some reason feels that we undercut her or went beyond what I said we would, then I would certainly be happy to get back in touch with her. I would feel especially sorry about it since she's ESL and I know communication is difficult enough even with a full vocabulary.

(Of course, I can't worry about it a whole lot right now, since I've no idea why you would say such a thing.)

Oh
I recently asked her about whether anyone had asked her permission to put her art elsewhere (after I found her art here) and her response gave me the impression no one had
Since she gave you her permission I apologise for my previous statement

Scytheprincess
Image Comments 13 Sep 05:49
joined Sep 12, 2014
Thekusabi__commission__2_4_by_ram_jam-d7i5s7k

Something the world needs more of: Weiss in a suit

Scytheprincess
Image Comments 13 Sep 05:40
joined Sep 12, 2014
Tumblr_mqzrp3p9py1ri93x2o2_1280

Well while it was stated that there will be queer characters in the future.
Why does it have to be in the future
What is it about queer characters that you can't just slide them in just as easily as all they did with all the heterosexual stuff
It's not even that difficult
A character can mention their interest in members of their own gender
You could even just have random background characters
They missed a golden opportunity at the dance to show that they exist
Just a couple of same-sex couples dancing together in the background
It would be noticed

Also while several members of the cast have mentioned interest in several of the queer pairings the only evidence for them is queer baiting

Its has an great setting
Great music
And some fantastic characters
But it has some major problems
(It should also be noted that like 10% of the characters are unarguably poc, not just 'they have a Chinese name even though they don't look remotely Chinese, such great representation)

last edited at Sep 13, 2014 5:42AM

Scytheprincess
Image Comments 13 Sep 05:28
joined Sep 12, 2014

Better question
Why are her boobs bigger than her head?

Scytheprincess
Image Comments 13 Sep 05:25
joined Sep 12, 2014
41383486_big_p17

If nothing else it's terribly out of character for Weiss to actually end up with Neptune considering how long it took her to open up to her own teammates, and comparing how long she's known them to how long she's known Neptune (which is barely any time at all really)
White Rose generally treats her character more respect, allowing time for her to open up to people she has grown comfortable with
Not random strangers she knows next to nothing about

Scytheprincess
Image Comments 12 Sep 07:24
joined Sep 12, 2014

Did someone at least ask Kuma before this was uploaded?

Answer
No

Scytheprincess
joined Sep 12, 2014

This series is crazy good. (Although difficult to read when it gets overly technical and philosophical)

Scytheprincess
joined Sep 12, 2014

This is a great comic but it should be noted that
No one asked the artist (Kuma) if this, or any other one of Kuma's art that is on this site if it could be put here.
Basic formality

Scytheprincess
Image Comments 12 Sep 07:10
joined Sep 12, 2014
Tumblr_mqzrp3p9py1ri93x2o2_1280

^it has good moments! that is a very good setting and history, an absolutely fantastic array of weapons, and the villains are all great.
It's strongest in its fights and plot heavy moments
Weak in areas such as: inconsistent characterisation, unbalanced emphasis of characters (as in a sub character has had the spotlight, including show time, lines, and characterisation to a ridiculous length, as in far more than one of the title characters. {Jaune if your wondering})
The soundtrack is amazing, and a lot of the designs are great, but the story needs some work. It goes on and on about things that don't matter and skips out on important things like team bonding, mentioning them occurring instead of showing them happen
A lot of people are upset (myself included) about the queer baiting that is going on at the moment
That's what they ^ are talking about

Scytheprincess
joined Sep 12, 2014

This story kind of hurts in a personal way for me
I remember feeling like this

Scytheprincess
Baggata Way discussion 12 Sep 06:55
joined Sep 12, 2014

I love this manga <33

It would be so cool if they would make an anime of this :D

It would be amazing if they made an anime of this
Sport anime that isn't male-centric, or even sometimes just having a female character as anything but a background character or a love interest is extraordinarily rare
It's hard enough to find sport manga with female leads
And quite a lot of those have the character having to cross dress to play the sport
And a well written story with diverse characters like this?
That would be fantastic

Scytheprincess
joined Sep 12, 2014

Kinda sad it ended
I really liked this series

Scytheprincess
Aiura discussion 12 Sep 06:44
joined Sep 12, 2014

Wish this would get a second season...
Love this manga.

It really does deserve several

Scytheprincess
joined Sep 12, 2014

This is one of my absolute favourite series.

Scytheprincess
Image Comments 12 Sep 06:35
joined Sep 12, 2014
45021230_big_p1

Did someone at least ask Kuma before this was uploaded?