Forum › A Divine Love Alone discussion

joined Jul 5, 2014

That last chapter felt kind of unsatisfying... That manga was cute and all, but I really get the feeling that it lack many things to make it as good as it might has been.

I don't regret reading it because the art was really nice, but beyond that... Yeah, I really feel like it's missing something. :/

To me, it's missing closure. None of the relationships are resolved, whatsoever.
The ending feels bittersweet, which is something I really dislike.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What. the. hell.

For the end we got this could've been a oneshot and we wouldn't miss anything.

Anyways, thanks for the hard work YP!

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Wait, what?

This ending was so abrupt (to me, anyway), I don't even... Seriously, they could have done so much from chapter nine and made this amazing. I honestly feel a little cheated in a way. T_T

Can't be helped though. Nice job on another completion Yuri Project. ^^

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Oh.. with the drama happening last chapter I thought things were just getting started. But I guess it's too light hearted for that.

overall impression: meh/10

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

It was not that bad. There are worse ends. HA!

joined Jul 8, 2013

What? WTF was this? This was a terrible ending. Literally almost nothing got settled. And WTF happened with the original girl? She just disappeared into oblivion at some point in the series and, yeah, she was there, BUT LITERALLY NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. SHE WAS LITERALLY JUST THERE. Are you serious? Wasn't she the original love interest and yet she got left behind like that? AT ONE POINT THE GOD EVEN SAID SHE LOVED HER. BUT NOW ITS ALL ABOUT THAT NEW GIRL!? WTF is this? Like I would've been a little bit more okay with this, had the God AT LEAST SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER, but she didn't. SERIOUSLY. WTF IS THIS? Not to mention, we HAVE NO IDEA what happens to the gods in the future. Do they just stay there forever? But they were in training? Did she really keep chasing the girl? LITERALLY NOTHING WAS SETTLED. WTF IS THIS? No, this was a terrible ending. 9 thumbs down. I literally grew 7 extra limbs just so I could give more thumbs down.
It's not the worst ending I've ever seen, I've read way too many for that to even be possible, but it sure as hell is among the worst. Like WTF was even the point of giving us 10 chapters if you were just gonna end it like this?

last edited at Aug 8, 2014 5:21PM

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

Well...that's unsatisfying.. I mean really, you could read the first chapter and then jump to last and still mildly understand everything. Meh. But like stated, there are worse ends.

Memories of Lemonade are creeping up on me..

last edited at Aug 8, 2014 5:21PM

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

Wtf is up with all these goddamn unsatisfying endings lately?? I mean I loved the art and everything and honestly could have gone farther, not just this one but a lot of other doujins too, I'm grateful for them translating but still... what was resolved here?

Gah, give it a 7/10, still, ty for tranlsating YP!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...I suppose the ending fits the series. I would have preferred more drama, though

joined Feb 1, 2014

I have to say, some part of me is wildly unsatisfied with this ending and left wanting more. I know I have my yuri goggles on now, but I really thought/wanted something to be between hotori and satoka more than hotori and chika. I loved the affection and hugs and smiles throughout this entire series, and the art was great. But I still feel like, for me, something is left to be desired.
Agreed with others that it seemed to be a very unexpected and abrupt end.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Well, it's certainly an ending I suppose, not really all that fulfilling but decent at least.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

wait i though that sever god girl x athletic girl was a sure thing the entire series, at least thats what they had been building up to.........and then they pull this? wtf i dont even..........this is going in my bad manga list

last edited at Aug 8, 2014 6:07PM

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

It was a quiet and reassuring story from the beginning to the end. Every chapter leave me with a peaceful feeling, it didn't had much yuri, but that's not a problem because the lots of hugs tag was exactly what it is. And as the author says at the afterword, Kotori's smile really have "that" thing that makes you also smile.

joined May 2, 2014

What. a. epic end... Just fuck okay I was waiting waiting and damn waiting for some Yuri action

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well that was one big pile of hugs

joined Jun 14, 2013

Even though this manga was a huge pile a shit, lets take a moment and thank whoever to be glad this shit is done with. The art is really good but I could have came up with a way better story plot wise than this garbage.

Av
joined Nov 12, 2013

It wasn't so bad in my opinion.
The story was just very bland and a bit pointless in the end, what was the message of the manga afterall? I've been reading by big interval gaps so I don't remember much but apparently a whole deal of it was about separation, needing to have only one person tied by the red thread, or whatever
7/10 because the art is nice and the hugs were cute along with quite a few heart-warming moments

last edited at Aug 8, 2014 8:47PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don know what I expected.... Romance? None... NONE of the pairings I was looking for were made, the only pone happy seems to be the last person to show up and She was just there thinking "such annoying main character" ... sight good nites everybody... Thnks for translating... sight

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

What the fudge?

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I had the luck to think "I won't read this, maybe i'll look on comments to see how it ended" :)

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

What? WTF was this? This was a terrible ending. Literally almost nothing got settled. And WTF happened with the original girl? She just disappeared into oblivion at some point in the series and, yeah, she was there, BUT LITERALLY NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. SHE WAS LITERALLY JUST THERE. Are you serious? Wasn't she the original love interest and yet she got left behind like that? AT ONE POINT THE GOD EVEN SAID SHE LOVED HER. BUT NOW ITS ALL ABOUT THAT NEW GIRL!? WTF is this? Like I would've been a little bit more okay with this, had the God AT LEAST SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER, but she didn't. SERIOUSLY. WTF IS THIS? Not to mention, we HAVE NO IDEA what happens to the gods in the future. Do they just stay there forever? But they were in training? Did she really keep chasing the girl? LITERALLY NOTHING WAS SETTLED. WTF IS THIS? No, this was a terrible ending. 9 thumbs down. I literally grew 7 extra limbs just so I could give more thumbs down.
It's not the worst ending I've ever seen, I've read way too many for that to even be possible, but it sure as hell is among the worst. Like WTF was even the point of giving us 10 chapters if you were just gonna end it like this?

+9999999

Dem feels, gurl.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I was going to comment on how the ending didn't satisfy me. And then, I saw your comment.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Eh it wasn't bad the ending did kinda suck but not enough to bring down the whole experience...it was just a cute story.

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

What kind of fuck is this author trying to do?
Pulling shit from his/her ass.
Played with my feels.
I'm mad salty fam

last edited at Aug 9, 2014 3:49AM

joined Apr 29, 2013

So much for the beautiful art lol what did I just read...
Thank you YP for your time and effort in translating! <3

last edited at Aug 9, 2014 4:04AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.