Forum › A Divine Love Alone discussion

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Not gonna lie I thought the ending was kinda. Some things were left unsolved and unshown but ill chalk that up to it loosing publication early. Im shipping Hiwa with Kotori because the concept of two gods that are supposed to be opposites and work against each other being married is cute. I also like high energy-airhead girlfriend and stoic-cool girlfriend dynamic.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

i thought kotori will end up with satoka :(

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

this was much better than i remembered. i read it as it was being scanlated, and got too hung up on the doomed? satoka x kotori ship. even though shiori x hiwa is pretty much the only fully requited love, it's a pretty delicious yuri. kinda need the growing gods to physically and mentally match pace better with their love interests, or step aside cause they're gods.

despite the color full pages, satoka and kotori in particular seem particularly ill-matched in a romantic context. satoka just can't get out of the familial onee-san role and kotori is so smothered in little sister love so she can't really grow. that's probably part of why chika is such a breath of fresh air.

hiwa not understanding that she's the one standing in the way between shiori and chika is adorable af and i really think seeing that play out would have been great. probably the best moment in the manga other than kotori's dream about chika and satoka. it's very well done and a very good character moment that allows for probably the best part of the story if you're willing to give up on satoka x kotori. while totally ruling out polyamory is such a decade! ago vibe, it's also true that polyamory is very much not for everyone.

rare shipping brain moment

the ship i want to sail the most is satoka x ayano (class rep). despite being probably the most unpopular ship, it's not impossible as it does have minimal little support! satoka finds ayano adorable, and ayano has one (1) doki, one (1) grip and one (1) beat panel of "love?" towards satoka in intermission 2. the relationship dynamic seems good with ayano being spoilable and genki as satoka likes, but is also adult enough to prevent satoka from going full adorable little sister mode. honestly, ayano liking satoka in the beginning could explain her being the first manipulated? into helping satoka study. it would be cute and make sense if ayano's request to play with kotori gained a secondary goal during that aforementioned beat panel. finally, ayano is also the only one who's seen satoka's ikemen side and that'd be an adorable "only i know that side of you kyun." who doesn't love a good "only i know that side of you *kyun."

if, as seems likely, kotori ends up with chika, or kotori bows out causes she's an actual god, then i think the following could happen and would be delicious if it did. satoka more or less might unconsciously seeks a replacement kotori in ayano (intermission 6). when ayano doesn't even get to choose between the (non-blood) sisters, then she might end up with her second choice as the only option. both would feel like they're settling pretty hard even though the alternative relationships wouldn't work well in practice. even better, both seem observant enough to be able to tell that the other is feeling that way. such a unstable relationship would be pretty cute and painful in equal measure. what's best is whoever falls deeper at any one time would be so vulnerable to doubt and heartache. so delicious.

To reply you must either login or sign up.