Forum › Shells and AlternaRock discussion

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Seo looks cool.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

This is actually age gap as well because they're 18 & 31. Though, we don't know how their relationship will evolve since we don't have the time to work on vol.2+ yet. There's still a "part 2" of vol.1 (so chapter 1.5) which is currently being worked on.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

I liked it, let's see how it goes.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Can someone explain why so many of the character bios in these manga mention the character's blood type? I assume there's some cultural significance, but I dunno what it is.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Can someone explain why so many of the character bios in these manga mention the character's blood type? I assume there's some cultural significance, but I dunno what it is.

I've heard that its a personality type thing, like how one's horoscope describes what that person is like.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Basically this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_personality_theory

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Looks promising, I'll keep an eye on this !

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

I love OLs \o/

joined Sep 15, 2013

'Eats a lot but doesn't gain weight', if only that was my superpower, that aside this seems to be heading to a good place, lets hop on and see where it ends.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

I love OLs \o/

^

E45afc863d55cd80c9ab7f52ecfd8c84
joined Jul 19, 2016

Makino seems to be a career woman with years of experience and possibly a past of heartbreak (judging by the rumors about her) while Seo is 18 and works part-time while attending a musical arts university. I'm interested to see where this story will go and am liking it so far.

There was a particular part early in the chapter that bothered me though. How did Makino’s coworkers (or junior coworkers? not sure what to call them) not notice her? Or were they speaking ill of her regardless? Anyhow, I’m glad that Seo stood up for Makino, even if Makino found it troublesome. Seo didn’t do so because it was right, rather, she simply spoke her mind. She seems to be a very straight forward, honest person. The type to speak her mind despite negative reactions doing so might cause. Which I think is great by the way, at least in this context.

Makino on the other hand seems to be the type of person to take her work very seriously and to stay out of personal relationships. Although rumors obviously aren’t to be taken completely seriously, there is probably some truth to them. Perhaps some sort of heartbreak or hesitation in Makino’s past has given her reason to distrust other people.

Despite the fact that Makino gives proper instruction, others do not always listen to her. They see her as being too serious. On page 12, she thinks “she didn’t follow my instructions here, or here, or here either, how many times have I told her? And she still gets it wrong!” This shows that her coworkers do not pay enough attention to her instruction. It could even mean that they are actively ignoring her advice in order to frustrate her or slow her down.

Seo seems to not take her advice for granted though as after Seo hands her work to Makino, Makino looks at it and thinks “did she listen to me properly?” and tells her “you can go home now, this is done.” This is also quite sad though as Makino is so used to others not listening to her, she is legitimately surprised when someone does, and of all people Seo is probably the youngest person there (although there are other part-time workers as we see in the earlier part of the chapter, some of which may be younger than her).

Makino looks annoyed by Seo though, and thinks “those eyes, I’m not good with them. I feel antsy.” It could be that when you have interacted with so many two-faced people for so long, finally meeting someone who is honest will make you extremely cautious. Makino might even sense Seo’s straightforwardness and become wary of it simply because she is so unfamiliar with that kind of person or attitude.

Makino sends Seo home at 2:56 PM. Seo spends this time practicing with her band. It isn’t until 8:14 PM that Makino clocks out. Seo says that her rehearsal “just ended” and that she only “waited a bit,” thinking that it might be time for Makino to leave for home. She was probably telling the truth, especially given her previously introduced character traits (i.e. being honest, straight forward), however, there is the possibility that she was purposely waiting for some time (although she most likely didn’t wait for 5 hours).

This makes me wonder if she set up the rehearsal time prior to her work day, planning on finishing her work early, or if the band members were just available at that time. This might seem like an insignificant detail but it could prove that Seo holds some kind of strong interest in Makino. Whether this is romantic or not is still unclear.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I can see the light in this tunnel.. Makes me think this manga actuslly got potential :3

joined Feb 18, 2015

This looks really good!

joined Jan 8, 2017

This feels rather similar to Kindred Spirits, specifically reminding me of Yuna and Hina. Anyone else see that? Also, the artwork itself seems similar to the one in the game, though it has been a while since I played it.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Basically this:

If you want more examples, also check out this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PersonalityBloodTypes

Despite the fact that Makino gives proper instruction, others do not always listen to her. They see her as being too serious. On page 12, she thinks “she didn’t follow my instructions here, or here, or here either, how many times have I told her? And she still gets it wrong!” This shows that her coworkers do not pay enough attention to her instruction. It could even mean that they are actively ignoring her advice in order to frustrate her or slow her down.

It could also be that she really is a perfectionist who has unreasonably high expectations of part-time workers who are only there for some spare change and a chance to meet a potential husband. From personal experience, I can say that many professionals do start taking their own level of skill for granted and are not really good at teaching others, especially if they aren't self-motivated to work, like Seo. This is actually the most common cause of the proverb "If you you want something done right, do it yourself" being uttered in professional environments.

My point is, there needs not be something sinister like Makino's co-workers actively sabotaging her efforts in the background.

last edited at Feb 14, 2017 3:12PM

E45afc863d55cd80c9ab7f52ecfd8c84
joined Jul 19, 2016

Basically this:

If you want more examples, also check out this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PersonalityBloodTypes

It could also be that she really is a perfectionist who has unreasonably high expectations of part-time workers who are only there for some spare change and a chance to meet a potential husband. From personal experience, I can say that many professionals do start taking their own level of skill for granted and are not really good at teaching others, especially if they aren't self-motivated to work, like Seo. This is actually the most common cause of the proverb "If you you want something done right, do it yourself" being uttered in professional environments.

My point is, there needs not be something sinister like Makino's co-workers actively sabotaging her efforts in the background.

Upon re-reading the earlier part of the chapter, their gossip really is as you say. Not seeing work so much as a career as seeing it as a stepping stone to marriage. It isn't as bad as I thought it was (although talking behind someone else's back is still not a good thing to do).

(Note: I know you weren't referring to the earlier part of the chapter, however, I thought it proved a lot of what you said.)

They also called Makino stubborn and the worst they said was concerning her apparent divorce (which of course may not have even happened). This may have no correlation to the part-time worker (well, she probably was a part-time worker) who failed to adhere to what seemed like most of Makino's instruction. Of course, that was merely a speculation and I'm probably too used to reading stories where people really do purposely cause trouble for others.

last edited at Feb 14, 2017 4:17PM

joined Jan 31, 2013

I like the setting and I want to see more.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This is off to a promising start.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Ohhhoo, nice. Also credits page lol

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I like where this is going

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

"I won't fall in love with you" is a trend now

definitely will follow this manga. interesting

joined Feb 6, 2016

I really like this one,it's like if I'm seeing myself,LOL,now that I think of it,it's sad

Yunaavatar2
joined Nov 17, 2016

Wow she took that slap like a champ. Heavyweight mixed martial-yuri in action

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gizzards, huh? I prefer hearts, myself.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Is it the official English title on page 14? If it is, it's not bad at all, as far as Engrish goes. :-)

To reply you must either login or sign up.