Forum › Posts by whatwhat

joined Sep 15, 2013

Loved how fluffy it was, the end credit page looked awesome too

joined Sep 15, 2013

This first chapter was so rapey, like damn the shorty seems like a complete trash of a human being, i hope they develop the characters

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

This is one of those series where when they get together the whole point goes away.

I dont mind the repetitive gag as long as they kiss and make up by the end of it. I'll only start lighting the torches if it ends up like Stretch.....

Came here to say this exact same thing. I really dont want to go on an emotional roller coaster like i did with that series T_T

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

Good going Iori chan, you sure did score an amazing human on your first try the other side of the fence xD

joined Sep 15, 2013

Wow, this was one of the first stories i had read on this site, cant believe that its been so long

joined Sep 15, 2013

That was some bite strength

joined Sep 15, 2013

This got pretty dark

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

Faust, you are a genius and a life saver. It was bugging me the entire day thinking what the mags was and you got that so quick. Thank you

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

Have forgotten almost everything about this manga, except the fact that one of the main characters was called tsune and the fact that it was a rather funny manga. Any clue as to what it was called will be greatly appreciated

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

I am so very happy with how fast this is being updated

joined Sep 15, 2013

The Good Fight features a lesbian protagonist with a stable relationship that she has from the beginning of the show. Really digging it.

This is a TV show?

Yes, it has ygritte who plays one half of the f/f relationship. Can't speak about how good it is since there is only a few episodes out, but it is giving commentary on a lot of current social issues, take that how you will and decide if thats your cup of tea

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 10:29PM

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

10/10

joined Sep 15, 2013

'Eats a lot but doesn't gain weight', if only that was my superpower, that aside this seems to be heading to a good place, lets hop on and see where it ends.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Man i love this author's work so much, its so fluffy and precious

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

You are right it IS about miss sunflower opening up and rediscovering life after the original miss sunflowers death bought miss sunflowers life to a stand still. And it IS Matsuri who is the catalyst for it.

You are also right that miss sunflower seems to be coming aware of Matsuri's importance to her in her life. BUT- I never saw yet a hint it was in a romantic way from her side. But more of a get Matsuri to stay with her - work in the bookshop etc because she is really important to her way.

Maybe with that realization will come romantic feelings - I hope they do! Just the author hasn't shown us anything like that yet.

Miss Sunflower doesn't seem to be the type of person who understands love, so i guess that would be her way of showing her "love" for Matsuri and the best way to end this series without actually showing any explicit romantic displays of affection.

Oversimplying here but to me it's more about the journey, personal growth, the time they spend together, developing bonds... The romantic feelings are at the core of it all, but they're also almost incidental in a way

I think its a good way of simplifying it. But, what i'm trying to say is that Miss Sunflower's romantic feeling might be different than Matsuri's or anyone else and that we would get an ending where her love for Matsuri would be implied in a way that only Matsuri understands.

This would probably be one of the better outcomes for the manga, with the right amount of fluffy sap and still keeping with the themes of the series.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Another interesting example of how the work can be perceived as something completely other than what the other intended it for is Fahrenheit 451. Side note, really enjoyed the direction this thread went to

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

This seemed like Miss Sunflower is on the verge of an important realization about the relationship between them, or atleast thats what i am desperately hoping for.

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

The end credit page was quite beautiful, manga was fun too

whatwhat
Touhou Newbie 28 Jan 02:29
joined Sep 15, 2013

The information in this thread should be conserved for posterity.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Atleast their fetishes are well matched here

joined Sep 15, 2013

It's not exactly content-rich, but I'm actually fine with that. The focus seems to be on the feeling, rather than the plot.

And usually those kind of stories are pretty much my jam, however... this time around the actions of both the main characters seemed so random, that without giving us any kind of extra information about this world their actions basically felt detached of any emotional heft, maybe i am having a bad day and going too much into a fluff piece but yeah its what i felt about this work...which isn't usually the case with this author's work. Maybe there is a sequel.

whatwhat
Favorite Manga 27 Jan 15:43
joined Sep 15, 2013

I want to answer something yuri like Girlfriends which unoriginally enough was my big revelation but the truth is there are just too many I love and they're all short enough to be (re-re-re...)-read in a few hours at the most. So mostly I read through them voraciously.
If I'm being completely honnest I would have to say Nana to Kaoru. Exploration of the depths of the human soul, of the dark hidden needs and desires, of what (quite literally) binds people together. It's about sm but it's about so much more that (or rather sm is about so much more than sex). Really makes you think. Unfortunately since then I've been searching for sm fiction, and while you can sometimes find something that doesn't include rape 99% of it is still too extreme for my taste (seriously japan, what's with the rape fetish, not to mention the fact that the girls getting into in a few pages makes it worst in a way). The sex being consensual isn't enough and 50 shades of grey ain't gonna cut it :p. The only thing I've found with love, trust, mutual lust and enthusiasm that doesn't turn out completely ridiculous is this yuritastic gem

Sorry went off on a tangeant there but yeah, Nana to Kaoru is good stuff (and there's yuri at one point, almost)

hello there person, you should read sunstone, its a webcomic and very relevant to your interest. Got that rec on one of the topics here at dynasty, blew my mind with just how good it was. Also, the entire series is about the evolving relationship between the two women who are heading the cast, and they have really well written personalities.

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 3:50PM

joined Sep 15, 2013

Kind of an empty story

joined Sep 15, 2013

A new chapter of this manga, a new chapter of their story a new episode of supergirl, this week has given me so much cuteness to gawk at, fucking fantasatic

whatwhat
Korean Yuri Manga 15 Jan 01:10
joined Sep 15, 2013

Always Human is a webtoon. Pretty sure it's gay, can't really remember

It's very gay. It's a very Tumblr friendly series, too. Complete with asexual, agender and genderfluid characters.

And if we are going to talk about great gay western webtoons then I highly recommend Sunstone. It's a great love story between two bisexual girls who initially meet to be BDSM friends with benefits.

For other good series you can check out Beloved, All Hail Empress Her Majesty(Chinese), Magan&Danai, Lavender, Sunshine & Bright Stars, and The Mistress Story. They can all be found here.

Thank you so much for the sunstone rec. That was amazing, seriously. Thank you