Forum › Beloved L discussion

joined Aug 22, 2016

I believe that the medications are either anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, or both. Whatever happened in the past must have been extremely traumatic for Dr. Wei. Enough so where she probably had psychiatric treatment in the past and is now experiencing vivid flashbacks and visual-psychosis triggered by her relationship with Ding Yi. Wei's interest in her isn't due to an interest in minors specifically, but by being with a minor it allows Wei to relive the past and believe she can make up for what she was denied.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 5:02PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Over at batoto, they just added a couple pages that were left out. Whether here or there, I think I'd read the pages-missing version; looking at it again things make a bit more sense.

It's just a guess, but the last page could also mean Wei Wei's past, heartbroken self appeared before her to scare her with the possibility of Ding Yi (her new 16-year-old lover) may also betray her like Si Chen did (at around the same age?).

Or with the possibility that she herself might be the betrayer this time . . .

Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

Over at batoto, they just added a couple pages that were left out. Whether here or there, I think I'd read the pages-missing version; looking at it again things make a bit more sense.

I'm really puzzled about what you're talking about, because there are only 9 pages in the latest chapter, all of which I've uploaded here. The Batoto uploader seems to be uploading individual panels taken from our tumblr rather than using the easier, full sized comics hosted here and on imgur... lol.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 9:38PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well then, I must have first read it over there where pages were missing.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

The girl kind of reminds me of D.Va

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Which is why I love her

Truluv
joined Apr 18, 2016

We're all too obsessional about this game. It's unhealthy.

go play

Dandelion-akane-30b
joined Jun 12, 2015

OOH I just realised something after reading. The part about her name, and why she couldn't use it, I'm guessing it might have something to do with her married name and that in itself was part of her trauma or something.

I don't know, I just completely missed it the first time I read it and was thinking about it so thought I'd add it.

Blank
joined Aug 3, 2015

OOH I just realised something after reading. The part about her name, and why she couldn't use it, I'm guessing it might have something to do with her married name and that in itself was part of her trauma or something.

I don't know, I just completely missed it the first time I read it and was thinking about it so thought I'd add it.

In most case, Chinese won't change their name after got married (At least I have never seen one).
So Dr.Lü 's name should be Sichen(given name) Lü(surname).

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 9:57AM

Blank
joined Aug 3, 2015

This chapter seems quite meaningful because of Dr.Lü and their conversation.

Something interesting is name of this series, "Beloved". Jae Liu posted the first chapter with name "Beloved" and tag # Beloved #. But from chapter2, she have been using tag # Beloved L #.

This chapter really tickled my fancy about that "L" in the tag.

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 5:59PM

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

Why the new haircut tho, like I understand that trope of new haircut new beginnings but I love her old hair!

joined Nov 29, 2016

Dude, i want more of this story. The art's beautiful, and it's funny.

Images%20(1)
joined Mar 26, 2014

When's the update of this series?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Emotional roller coaster HOOOOO. A look into Wei's past, some adultery amongst her friends and some serious questions tossed around.

Also, for reference the translators stated that this series does not have an official update schedule, so it's whenever the artist can get around to it basically.

joined Jul 31, 2013

So good! I love how things are developing at a brisk pace, even if it's a little hectic.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Yet another shit with ex. How are they not tired to write about such boring trope...

Also I don't quite understand what's so special about this kid. She's selfish and not really smart, she's childish as fuck, she's not even that beautiful. There's nothing amazing about her, just some regular girl who wants to be an adult as soon as possible, but there are millions of them. Yet WeiWei is shown like an extraordinary person, both in her looks and her characteristics. What's the point of this romance, I wonder. Because I find myself only raging because of the kid. But I want to read it, the art is absolutely gorgeous...

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I mean, from my perspective it seems like both Wei and Ding Yi needed to grow or escape from certain parts of their life and ended up finding comfort in one another. Wei is insecure about relationships due to past trauma, and Ding Yi.. well we still don't know much about her but she seems to want to escape from her life for some reason or another.

joined Mar 13, 2016

cinderella incoming, im talking about the person whose shoes Ding Yi picked and recognized her from voice? xD

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Also I don't quite understand what's so special about this kid. She's selfish and not really smart, she's childish as fuck, she's not even that beautiful. There's nothing amazing about her, just some regular girl who wants to be an adult as soon as possible, but there are millions of them. Yet WeiWei is shown like an extraordinary person, both in her looks and her characteristics. What's the point of this romance, I wonder.

There may well not be anything special about the kid, but Wei Wei likes her and that's all there is to it. All that is required for a romance is that both parties like each other, regardless of whether either person is as talented or beautiful as the other.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Also I don't quite understand what's so special about this kid. She's selfish and not really smart, she's childish as fuck, she's not even that beautiful. There's nothing amazing about her, just some regular girl who wants to be an adult as soon as possible, but there are millions of them. Yet WeiWei is shown like an extraordinary person, both in her looks and her characteristics. What's the point of this romance, I wonder.

There may well not be anything special about the kid, but Wei Wei likes her and that's all there is to it. All that is required for a romance is that both parties like each other, regardless of whether either person is as talented or beautiful as the other.

Some people have this bizarre idea that two people have to be "worthy" of each other to be in a relationship, as if just being an average person somehow makes you a lesser form of humanity undeserving of love from your "betters."

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I love this teenager lol

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

The romance between usual and unusual person is not all that interesting. If you think about it, all books and films and stuff are written about the people the author thinks are extraordinary in some way. A romance between a dog and man's foot is not something you can create a whole story about. This must mean that there's something to the girl the author finds unusual. But what? That's my question.

And your thoughts about my "bizarre" ideas you can leave to yourself.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I think I need make more zoom in each chapter I read xD but it's sooo beautiful ;//;

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I can't get over how much I love this art style. I hope that this story has some solid, believable conflict

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So many scars.

To reply you must either login or sign up.