Forum › Song About a Piece of Junk discussion

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

ch 2 first part is cute.
i wonder if reki has problem at house or what.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

(Of course right now, world hunger isn't even caused by there not being enough food, it's caused by the world being arranged to benefit the rich rather than the hungry, but limits are being reached. For the moment, though--Oxfam calculated that the top forty-some richest people in the world, few enough to put them all in a bus, own half the world's wealth. So right now, you could probably end world hunger by blowing up that bus.)

How reading yuri radicalized me to commit communist terror: A biography

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

ayye this is cute af

joined Jul 26, 2016

The word that was translated to junk was Ponkotsu, which is basically a slang term for someone who can't do anything right. It's a metaphoric kind of junk.

An explanation for the term I saw on VNDB is "adorably useless" - good luck fitting that into the title though...

joined Feb 18, 2015

pg 10, "I wonder if you have you some spare time later?" (second "you" needs to be deleted)

Well, that is a matter of interpretation... It is a valid way of speaking in certain dialects. Just effect a southern belle accent when saying the line and it sounds fine. Alternately, use Y'all have some spare time...

I knew it I saw this somewhere.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4758075557

Hmmm... the title there is: ゆたさんはままならない! which is Yuta-san wa mamanaranai! Which seems to roughly translate to: Yuta-san will not be left!

So... what's the deal with the "Song about a piece of Junk" title?

"Yuta-san will not be left!" seems pretty descriptive and accurate. (Maybe Yuta-san cannot be shaken. Yuta-san cannot be avoided.)

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 2:12PM

Sara
joined Sep 18, 2016

ch 2 first part is cute.
i wonder if reki has problem at house or what.

Given the title of that bit, I figure she just has mental issues (possibly an anxiety disorder?) which rear up from time to time. She doesn't seem to have any control over when it happens or any ability to stop herself from crying. This would also probably explain why she doesn't like being around others or in crowds. I feel the same way a lot of the time.

This series is pretty cute, looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

B for drawing effort
http://puu.sh/slsPG/fbbaa0bae7.png

A for originality though. You can't say that stick figures are something you usually see in manga, much less in yuri manga.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I put off reading this, but I am already really liking this! Tsun delinquents are so cute >//<

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/song_about_a_piece_of_junk_ch01#12

You know, this part is true - scientists are studying whether mealworms are a viable option for reducing pollution due to them being able to eat Styrofoam, which I honestly do find fascinating.

I can proudly say now that reading yuri manga makes me smarter

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

More chaps pls... Ahaha.. I like the story..
Tsundere is cute

joined Sep 4, 2016

Tsunderes are just the best

joined Dec 18, 2014

If anyone cares, there are 5 chapters total with a 6th being in the works/planned.

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

If anyone cares, there are 5 chapters total with a 6th being in the works/planned.

is there any development or this just cute everyday activities type manga?

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 10:23PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

pg 10, "I wonder if you have you some spare time later?" (second "you" needs to be deleted)

Well, that is a matter of interpretation... It is a valid way of speaking in certain dialects. Just effect a southern belle accent when saying the line and it sounds fine. Alternately, use Y'all have some spare time...

I knew it I saw this somewhere.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4758075557

Hmmm... the title there is: ゆたさんはままならない! which is Yuta-san wa mamanaranai! Which seems to roughly translate to: Yuta-san will not be left!

So... what's the deal with the "Song about a piece of Junk" title?

"Yuta-san will not be left!" seems pretty descriptive and accurate. (Maybe Yuta-san cannot be shaken. Yuta-san cannot be avoided.)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Amazon link you have there is the tankoubon version of this series. Looks like the title 「ポンコツの歌」was used as the title when it first debuted on Pixiv. Basically,「ポンコツの歌」came first before it was released as a volume, but now it SHOULD be named 「ゆたさんはままならない!」

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Anyone already mention the "dissapear" in the first pages?

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 7:12AM

joined Dec 18, 2014

Since I can't read Japanese I really cant tell you about the plot much but from my own interpretation it seems like they where about to kiss at the end of ch.5 but then someone walks in on them so nothing actually happens.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 10:36AM by Nezchan

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

^spoiler tag

joined Jan 11, 2015

this series sure it great

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

Since I can't read Japanese I really cant tell you about the plot much but from my own interpretation it seems like they where about to kiss at the end of ch.5 but then someone walks in on them so nothing actually happens.

had read chapter five, and well, reki just said if yuta want go the next year with her. just that tho. not kiss at all
there's nice moment at ch. 4. but that's all. hope the author update new chapter again.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 6:20PM

joined Oct 26, 2016

It's cute but at the same time it looks like you broke her neck lmfao

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

(Of course right now, world hunger isn't even caused by there not being enough food, it's caused by the world being arranged to benefit the rich rather than the hungry, but limits are being reached. For the moment, though--Oxfam calculated that the top forty-some richest people in the world, few enough to put them all in a bus, own half the world's wealth. So right now, you could probably end world hunger by blowing up that bus.)

How reading yuri radicalized me to commit communist terror: A biography

How could this happen to me? I've made my mistakes, got nowhere to run...

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

This is pretty cute, I like the dynamic of the yankee/runt

6a4b423a-2868-483d-9152-03a6c647f1a6
joined Jan 1, 2017

Is this series still ongoing? It's not been updated in a while

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Is this series still ongoing? It's not been updated in a while

Are you for real? Last update is still from November 2016...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

none posted:

Are you for real? Last update is still from November 2016...

Some people don't seem to realize that these things take time and that the people working on them may not actually have much spare time to devote to it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.