Forum › Evening Cherry Blossoms discussion

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This is possibly (probably) a prequel to Honeymoon Baby so I tagged it as such. Enjoy! Happy birthday Nico!!!!

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 6:18AM

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

Beautiful.

And Happy Birthday Nico!

rexbandit Uploader
41620721_big_p12%20(2
joined May 12, 2013

Great job, GIB~! :3

RandomRangerWhite
7d7xkmj
joined Jun 18, 2013

How the heck did raizoo already have over 75 hours of MHGen? I'm so salty.
As always Ooshima delivers with the cute MakiNico and GiB delivers with great scanlations.
Happy birthday, Nico~!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

What's that "Yebisi" stuff supposed to be? Beer? Or something else, like a traditional herbal drink?

EDIT: looks like a beer. "Yebisu".

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 7:09AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It's kinda sad that in every adult life makiniko doujin Maki gives up on her music dreams

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

It's kinda sad that in every adult life makiniko doujin Maki gives up on her music dreams

Also that her dad is a massive fucking douche in every nicomaki thing ever.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, I'm sure Maki ended up on her knees in front of Nico later that night. :D

joined Mar 13, 2016

Ooshima Tomo literally a god when it comes to MakiNico

1136roundidolizedshiitake
joined Jul 11, 2016

To be fair, Maki's dad is a bit of a douche in the SIDs as well. IIRC he tried to make her quit µ's after her grades starting falling only a little bit.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Yeah, that last line he said at her was pretty brutal.

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

This part is kinda like Happy Sugar Life
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/evening_cherry_blossoms#19

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

And in the anime, Maki speaks of him fondly.. wonder what happened to SIDs.. I personally think of him as a supportive Papa even in her relationship...with a girl.

I really love this. Dun even care if it's Maki's birthday instead, Nico and Maki looks happy and that's what's important. Still, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICO-SAMA!
Thank you GiB for the translation! You guys are the best!

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The anime contradicts the school idol diaries in other ways as well(eg, Nico's siblings). They're just different continuities entirely(hopefully Sunshine will keep things a little more organized).

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

Making with glasses is amazing, but what's even more amazing is an update from Ooshima <3 I love this so much!

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Nico-Maki is the cure to everything.

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

Happy birthday nicoooo. I love his work

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Yes, this style of story is much better than the hentai art <3 Love this two!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Maki's birthday story on Nico's birthday is fine too.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Wow, that was so sweet!

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

That was really sweet :) gahd Toomo knows well what clothes suit Maki

joined Jul 21, 2016

I read this in chinese and I'm happy to finally get an English version as well. Good job!

Nico and Maki always brings happiness to my life.

joined Oct 3, 2014

It creates tension and mantains Maki as "lonely rich girl with a daddy complex", so it creates sweet moments when she allows herself to be honest with Nico. Still, I also found it annoying thought I'm glad Ooshima Tomo at least acknowledges that at least Maki should choose how to become a doctor and just not 'because I love my parents and so need to take charge of the hospital' as one of the other doujinshis did.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Couldn't agree more.

I remember some where Maki said she would become the writer of nico's songs after they graduated etc but they were still in school at the time. I don't recall many /any ? off hand that show Maki after graduation not as a doctor but following her musical dreams.

I think she'd be a lot happier doing so - and with nico's support, strong enough to do so too.

joined Oct 3, 2014

And in the anime, Maki speaks of him fondly.. wonder what happened to SIDs.. I personally think of him as a supportive Papa even in her relationship...with a girl.

I really love this. Dun even care if it's Maki's birthday instead, Nico and Maki looks happy and that's what's important. Still, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICO-SAMA!
Thank you GiB for the translation! You guys are the best!

I don't think that talking of your parent fondly mean not being scared (to a degree) of him reacting in certain way. I imagine the idea is that her dad thinks that is truly better for her to focus in her studies and being a doctor while not realizing that is probably not what she actually needs emitionally speaking. Is not exactly uncummon this way of thinking in Japan, hell, is still prevalent in some parts of the west.

I like to consider SID and SIF stuff like the old Star Wars expanded universe in the sense: if it doesn't contradicts the main canon, is valid.

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 4:28PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.