Forum › Posts by Shimapanda

Shimapanda Uploader
Ayasex...? discussion 22 Oct 01:38
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

BEAVER DAMMED

I literally forgot I translated that panel like this, came back to it during QC and spat out my drink at it... I can't believe I did that........

Fellow yuri translators please embrace this term

Shimapanda Uploader
CyanBlue discussion 04 Oct 19:34
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Thanks as always. But what about "Storm in Winter"?

You have reminded me that my copy of this is missing! I believe it's with a friend, so I'm going to chase this up. Totally forgot about it...

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Technically this is all one long doujin... it's just one long-ass doujin so I'm not surprised they split up the releases like this.

Excellent source material and excellent TL keep up the good work <3

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 5:17AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Mezashi <3 <3 <3

Does anyone know if this was released physically? I'd love to track down a copy

Yes! It's not currently in stock but it may come back into stock, or you might find it available on other second-hand stores...

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Soooo I'm wondering.... where's the Nico X Nozomi part?

I added the Nozomi x Nico tag without the yuri tag because this is very much a story about NozoNico (duh) even if it isn't gay. Someone looking for NozoNico stories is likely to enjoy this.

...friendship is important too, guys!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I can't be the only one who had absolutely no idea what was going on in this one. The language didn't seem to make sense half the time?

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Three chapters in one day? We're so lucky! This series is so gay in a good way. They're totally a married couple!

It's a bit of an attempt to make up for ignoring it for so long >_>;

Shimapanda Uploader
Image Comments 06 May 03:32
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014
C-8nzq7xuaaoy3n

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Wife <3

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Yeah... I'm also preeeetty sure she has things she hasn't been straight about with Chika!

I worded it that way for a reason... Cough.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Shouldn't the title be more like "You-Can't-Escape-Unless-You-Have-Sex Yuri", you know, like the actual content of the story...

Great stuff though.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Hey elevown, putting the romanised version of the Cyrillic word would probably be a good idea, I agree! I've done it for earlier doujin such as The Secret Shokolad, for example. The problem is I basically have no idea how to properly romanise Cyrillic! My memory from The Secret Shokolad was that I spent a fair bit of time researching it on Google and also tapped a friend-of-a-friend who speaks some Russian for his thoughts. On top of that, in that case, I actually had a Japanese pronunciation for the word to go off, so I had a point of comparison as well. Unfortunately, for the word in this doujin, tMnR simply subtitled it with a Japanese translation (i.e., "kawaii", which is obviously "cute" as in the translation). I would be very concerned that I would get it wrong (as I already did for even the Cyrillic word!).

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

incorrect! the little girl can't be милый because милый it's he and милАЯ it's she. i hope you understood me)

Wow, I just double checked the raws and you're right, I think I relied on google to get the cyrillic characters and didn't notice I grabbed the wrong word <_> I will get this fixed! Thank you very much!!

edit: fixed. thanks again.

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 5:41AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Haha, poor Umi. First her niece then the kiss at the end. Other than that, always happy to see more Umi x Eli ^_^

But like seriously her niece is the cutest thing ever though

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Just the cover just made me go: NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! No way in hell I'm acceptin' this!!!!!

Congratulations! You now get to learn the amazing skill of simply not reading something you have no interest in. May I suggest the following actions:

• Reading things you actually do like
  • Commenting on their threads instead

How many times do we have to go through the same rodeo before people stop shitposting about Love Live ships they don't support? God damn.

/frustration

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I was a bit conflicted on the NSFW tag, it's like... almost NSFW? I decided to go without it and see what the crowd thought.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I LOVED THIS. Gorgeous art (I mean, of course, it's Yukiko we're talking about) and wonderfully unsettling story/characters. "Please fuck me up..." was an amazing line. It's so crazily different from Yukiko's other works... very very interesting.

Shimapanda Uploader
Image Comments 28 Jan 02:08
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014
C2zhvdeuuaa0n9v

S A M E

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Jingisukan

Was this named after Genghis Khan? /historynerd

Yup

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Is there more of this series to come?

Yes! There's ....4? more chapters iirc. I'm not sure if Kurocan has ended it yet either.

everyone wanting more lewds

Sorry everyone, this is the only lewd chapter :p

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Please let this and the Sandiawich be the beginning of plentiful amounts of third years 3P.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

So is the hot springs here based on a real location then? Obviously the statue is but here I thought the whole sex museum thing in yukemuri sanctuary was a matter of narrative convience

The sex museum is a real place: Atami Adult Museum

I wouldn't be surprised if the ryokan is based on a real place too. (There definitely are fancy ryokans and hot springs in Atami.)

I read some fanfiction that was basically like this

ears perk up

"it started with a whisper" is one I'm familiar with (and VERY MUCH enjoyed), and yes, it also reminds me a lot of this.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Liked the art, not trying to be negative for the sake of it.. Did they just gang up and rape Dia? Then talk cheerfully about how easy it was to "force" her to have sex with them?

Mmf, when I first read this one I thought it was a little on the non-con side, but the way they were talking during the sex scene (and afterwords) made me lean towards it being more consensual than what I thought at first glance. Also, that "forced" line is definitely harsher sounding in English than it is in Japanese (they are definitely not talking about it in the way you seem to be suggesting there).

I do empathise and I'm sorry if it was a bit distasteful for you, as I tend to be pretty picky when it comes to consent in sex.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I liked it, of course, but I had been left with the impression from the earlier comic that Mari was a white-collar worker. Remember how flustered Arisa was because Mari was wearing a business suit? Not the kind of thing you wear to a welding job.

It didn't come across well in English I suppose. Arisa says the only thing she knows is that Mari doesn't "just" do sales type work. I imagine that she may be a team leader or some such that also deals with customers or some such. (It is a bit weird, I agree...)

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Oh wow this was freaking excellent

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Love Kitao Taki and love this doujin, just a shame that the translation really needs some work.